Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-11, 11:40 AM  
SAF

Gaiam's Total Body Balance Ball Kit w/ Tanja Djelevic

Has anyone done the dvd that comes with Gaiam's Total Body Balance Ball Kit with Tanja Djelevic. This is the kit that comes with a resistance band, ball & dvd.

It say's there are 2 workouts on it, one is (3) 20 min upper body, lower body and abs, the other workout is 10 mins.

I have Tanja's Cardio Balanceball dvd, Total Body Cardio and Cross Train Balance Ball.

Is the dvd in the kit just the same as one of these?
Does she use the resistance band for all the workouts?
Also, I read the balance ball are really alot smaller than they say, so if the box says 55cm for up to 5'5'' to really get the bigger 65cm. ball?
Is the dvd with the 3-20 min workouts by Suzanne Deason and Tanja does the Bonus?

Does the resistance band go underneath the ball to secure it or how is it used with the balance ball.

Thanks!
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 01:12 PM  
TLB

OK - I have Total Body Challenge Balanceball it came in a slim CD type case. It has 3 twenty minute workouts. Upper - Lower - Abs. Tanja works out with a black man & a blonde woman. Outdoor setting - lake and mountains in the background - gorgeous.

You are supposed to use a heavier weight band and a resistance ball (I have not done this workout yet). At times you stand on the band & use the ball, other times you sit on the ball & use the band. Sometimes you just use the ball. The band is not wrapped around the ball during the workout.

I am 5'5" and found a small ball (55) to be too small. Mine is 65 now.

I hope this helps. Gaiam is very frustrating - so many names & compilations - it's confusing.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 01:20 PM  
SAF

This kit I found at Target ,"Total Body Balance Ball Kit" , has "2" workout, one is the 3 (20) min workout and there is another bonus workout, I think 10 minutes.

Does your have the Bonus on it, is it with Tanja or someone else?

I can't find any specific's anywhere regarding who does which workout, video clips or anything. Yes--Gaiam is beyond frustrating!.
Old 03-27-11, 02:16 PM  
TLB

I found this at a thrift store - so I am not sure what came with it. The artwork (on the color side) says "2 Total-Body Workouts with Beginner to Advanced Instruction" - Suzanne Deason is pictured lying on a blue-green ball/Tanja is pictured with a grey band (split picture). The flip side of the artwork (is black & white) and says "Total Body Challenge Balanceball" .... The DVD itself says "Total Body Challenge Balanceball" ..... Tanja and the blonde exerciser are pictured on the DVD.

I bought a "Balanceball Bonus Workout" DVD at about the same time (?) - it does picture Suzanne Deason on a blue-green ball ..... but outfit is different from "2 Total-Body Workouts". This DVD has 2 workouts on it (20 minutes & 30 minutes) .... I don't think this is related.

I've been meaning to do these ..... balanceball is not a favorite of mine.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 02:22 PM  
SAF

This is crazy! I think I will call Gaiam tomorrow and try to find out exactly which one I have, yeah, right?

Thank you for your help!

Tags
gaiam, tanja djelevic, total body balance ball