Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-08, 10:19 AM  
Cxg

I have only tried Mindy's Gliding workouts, but I do really enjoy them. They can be tough, but easily modified.

Cynthia
Cxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 10:20 AM  
Kyra

I wish I liked her more than I do. ITA that she is tough - but she's a bit chatty for me and her cueing leaves me completely lost. I don't do video workouts often so if I cannot follow a workout reasonably closely first time through, it's not particularly useful to me. KCM is often compared to Mindy, personality wise, so if you like one you might like the other.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 10:58 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Mindy

I just got Med Ball Madness in a trade this week. I LOVE this workout! Mindy's cueing in this workout is greatly improved and she's not overly chatty either. The workout itself is chaptered into warmup/cardio/strength & Intervals/Standing Core & Floor core (supine/prone)/stretch.

The cardio is mostly athletic with a little bit of choreography thrown in. I have two left feet but I was able to grasp about 90% of it the first time through. There's a modifier during the entire workout and she's always visible so you can follow her pretty easily (if you choose).

I've been wanting a pure athletic med ball workout from ANY one and Mindy delivered on this one. Big thumbs up!

Kathy

P.S. Not sure if Netflix has it yet, but put it in your que if they do!
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 11:12 AM  
HelloKitty88

Wink

I think it depends on what kind of workout your looking for a what kind of instructor your looking for.

She's very energetic....I guess some lable that as "chatty." She does talk a lot and it does get annoying after a while. For some reason the talk becomes annoying from her but with other instructors who talk a lot it's not as annoying. I could never quite put my finger on that. She has a sense of humor and is funny at times but, at other times it seems like she's trying too hard.

Her workouts are intense, extreme, high impact and tough. Personally I don't care for her workouts. They are too..extreme is the best word I can think of. You can modify them to make them lower impact. IMHO the jumping/impact gets very annoying as well. I LOVE to jump but, again with her it just gets annoying. LOL! It may be her style of choreography. The cardio workouts move quickly...not a lot of breakdown which advanced people would appreciate. But, at times she's difficult to follow. If you don't follow stylized chore very well I'd stay away from some of her workouts. Her cueing isn't that bad. She's not in my top 10 instructors....not in the top 20.
HelloKitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 11:35 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

A lot of Mindy's workouts I will never do because they are more advanced than I want to be. However, for those workouts that are at the level I want to work out, I enjoy them quite a bit because they challenge me to do more and work harder than I normally do. I have the DVD with the three basic gliding workouts and enjoy the two strength workouts. Her personallity is way toned down from earlier workouts, but I find her encouraging in them. One of my favorite strength workouts is Pump Party, an older CIA workout that is only on VHS. She makes me work hard in it while I'm laughing out loud at her.

Sounds like I need to try All About Legs from this thread. Hmmmm....

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 11:54 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

IMHO, Mindy is the queen of intervals, and I love her cardio (well, my knees don't love it). I always look forward to doing her "peglegs". Anyway, her cueing is not great but the choreography is simple. It' s worth the learning curve if you want a great endorphin rush.

I did not like Kickbutt Bootcamp at all and traded it.

I traded All Systems Go because it was too hard, especially on my knees. It is KILLER!

I'd put All About Abs up against Cathe's Coremax any day in terms of effectiveness and challenge.
Old 05-27-08, 12:32 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT
Strength Express ROCKS!!! May be one of the hardest workouts I have.
I personally like the older Mindy better. She's wonderfully goofy, but I've never had a bit of trouble following any of her workouts. She does kick some major butt!

Me too
Love strength express, I actually like awesome strength too, I still have yet to try the all abouts, strength toolbox, and kickbutt bootcamp.

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-08, 12:44 PM  
mj476

I just started getting into Mindy's workouts. I also love her All About Legs and All About Abs and actually find her All About Abs tougher than Cathe's Core Max. I like the All About Series because they are great add ons and you can get a super effective workout from one workout or all 4. Mindy is very chatty and has a lot of energy but I find her workouts fly by very quickly. I'm planning on getting All Systems Go.

I also didn't care for Kickbox Boot Camp.

Marcy
Old 06-02-08, 01:09 PM  
caligurl

well i finally tried mindy's all about legs! while i was doing the workout i LOVED it! it was a lot of fun (did i just type that?)

i don't know if it's really that challenging or if it's cuz my legs and but already had 2 days worth of hard, hilly bike riding on them? but i really enjoyed that workout yesterday afternoon and my tushie is feeling it today! (i know that's from the workout cuz i don't get DOMS from bike riding anymore!)

i'm going to try strength toolbox next (but probably not til next week cuz i have other things planned for this week)

i previewed kickbox bootcamp but wasn't wowed by it....

i'd love to give all about abs and all about arms a try since i liked all about legs so much but blockbuster or netflix don't have either of them available... POO! maybel i'll just have to bite the bullet and buy without trying?????
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 08:03 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I haven't checked in on Mindy lately and see that she has several new workouts that have come out in the past few years. Can anybody venture to let me know if these are the Mindy variety I will like, or the variety I won't?

Helpful info:
1) I love Action Packed, for both the step and hi/lo segments. They're not too too high impact, and the choreo is fun.
2) I dislike her workouts that are just teeny bits of stuff put together here and there and that just seem to go on and on and on... without any real direction or focus (this seems to include a lot of her strength work).
3) I dislike her workout that have a wildly uneven cardio segment followed by random strength work.
4) I dislike super high impact.
5) I like Cardio Toolbox quite a bit.
6) I dislike it when she's repetitive.

I hope that helps!
Donna H
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all systems go mindy, mindy mylrea