Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-10, 09:11 PM  
IvysMom

why to take measurements--vindication

my weightloss the past 5 weeks has been super slow. i don't think my body is gonna give it up without a fight(my body tends to hold on to some weight post-baby for nursing).

anyway, this past month, i lost a measly 1.4 lbs for the month(kept going in circles all month up a lb, down 2, up 3, etc.)! but i lost 9.25"(made a difference of 1 pant size). thank goodness for the tape measure or i'd really be going crazy by now if i was just relying on the scale.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 09:27 PM  
videofit

I'm another fan of the tape measure. Those are the only numbers that count, in my opinion, not weight nor clothing sizes, which are totally unreliable these days.
Old 08-29-10, 10:17 PM  
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I'm another fan of the tape measure. Those are the only numbers that count, in my opinion, not weight nor clothing sizes, which are totally unreliable these days.
for pants, i only have the same brand, same style(levi's midrise, stretch bootcut) so there's no question to me.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 10:25 PM  
Janga

I also think it is good to measure as inches are important but I find the scale a more reliable measurement for me. There is too much tendency for me to measure ever so slightly differently each time I do it. I find the scale more objective. But as a backup to that data, the tape measure is also a good tool.

Ivys Mom, your newest little man is adorable.

"Who puts the food in my mouth? God? The devil? I do!" ~ Jack LaLanne

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 05:27 AM  
kitty12

I also went down one size in clothing with very little weight loss. I wore my too-big clothes for a few months before deciding they really did look bad on me. What was odd was I went out to get new pants and about two weeks later my weight dropped about 3 lbs, and since then another 2 lbs or so. My weight fluctuates up to 3 lbs in a given week - usually more on Monday, less on Friday.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:12 AM  
trishthedish

I wish I would have just relied on measurements when I was post partum. I was one who held onto weight while nursing too and lost NADA from the time I left the hospital until like 7 months PP. Nada. Not even exaggerating. I'm quite sure I lost inches (not a ton, but I know i had to have gotten at least a little smaller!) but at that point only did the scale. So way to go you!!! I think you are doing awesome!!!
Old 08-30-10, 09:10 AM  
counterclockwise

That's awesome, congratulations!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inch loss, scale, tape measure