Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-10, 11:21 AM  
TinaT

I will be sure to pass on the V workout. I stocked up on ginger yesterday and am trying to be patient with myself. Let's see how long that last...
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 11:26 AM  
Janga

i am rcovering from an accident and arm is broken and i've been walking and also i like stetcing as best i can with some of my ol method dvds and also can't get better than leslie
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 11:46 AM  
sherry7899

Janga, I'm so sorry about your accident! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:49 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Janga, sorry about your accident and the broken arm...it sounds like walking and stretching and MENDING will be enough for you for a few weeks!
Old 04-03-10, 03:51 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
ETA: here's another link with a brief clip:
http://www.healingreiki.com/mind_fitness_dvd.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Tina, I have checked the Mind Fitness out before. I didn't follow the links this time, but did whenever I was interested in it. I decided it wasn't for me. I am not into affirmations and self-talk. I tend to do the exact opposite because on a subconscious level I rebel against being told what to do in my personal life since I have to take a second seat in my professional life and do what I am told to do.
Judging by the information in the link these aren't audible affirmations and self talk, but subliminal suggestions hidden beneath music to bypass the conscious/rebellious mind. For people who like that sort of thing they say it's most effective if the suggestions are in the present tense. (The website gives samples and oddly enough all of those statements are in the future tense). I'm not big on subliminal persuasion; I'd sooner hear what's being said. But Tina said she was more interested in the workouts themselves than the mind part so none of this would probably be an issue anyway.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chris freytag, debbie rocker, kathy smith walking, madeleine lewis, prevention, walking workouts