Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-09, 07:44 PM  
gjv

Leslie people! Tell me....

how is everyone related, regarding her background exercisers? Does Leslie have more than one sister in her workouts? Just one daughter?

Give me the scoop!

TIA!
Old 04-30-09, 07:56 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I don't think she actually has any sisters in the w/os.
She calls her Walk Leaders, Jo, Mary Kay, etc., sisters in sweat.

In some of the newer w/os she has a niece, Christie or Christine.
Then her daughter is Marie and that is her only daughter IIRC.

The person I don't know is Steve, I think she said his name is, who is in the far back left corner on her 5 day slim down, I think that's the name, that I thought was her husband because she makes the reference of playing kickball with our kids, but then I saw her husband's pic in one of her books and that is so not the same guy. So I am thinking it may be her brother.

But I am by no means an expert and probably should have waited for the real experts to chime in.

But I would like to know who the guy in the "Forced to Workout" t-shirt in the back corner is.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 08:01 PM  
gjv

and who is Jimmy? he's in several of her workouts.

for some reason I thought those really were her sisters, lol! not sure where that came from tho!
Old 04-30-09, 08:09 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Jimmy is a "trainer" (walk leader) that handles men/works (worked?) at her studio, at least that is how he is introduced by her in one of the w/os.

I get the impression that Leslie views everybody that she meets as family and once you know her, you know her.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 08:10 PM  
juberann

I can clear this up a little bit,I think, being a Leslie fan for so long and a former WalkClub member. Leslie has a biological sister who is also a dietician and gives advice on Leslie's WalkClub but I can't for the life of me remember her name Her daughter,Marie Ellena, has appeared in several of her workouts as well as her niece. Linda, Mary Kay and Jo are just VERY longtime friends of hers and I believe no relation to her. Steve is not Leslie's husband,she is married to a lawyer named Joe and he has never made an appearance in any of her videos. Jimmy works for her and opted out of future workouts and now stays behind the camera, he also works in her office. I know she has three children,one son in his mid twenties from her first marriage and two with Joe. That's really all I know for sure but many of the people in her videos are actually her "success stories",which I love Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 08:29 PM  
LAC

Juberann most definitely knows her Leslie facts I'll add a little bit to what she said. Leslie's sister the dietician is Toni. Her older son is Andrew. I think her younger son is Joe Jr., but I could be mistaken about that.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 08:46 PM  
juberann

Yep,her sister's name is Toni, thanks for posting that, LAC, it was driving me crazy!! WOW,I sound like some fananical Leslie fan but members of her WalkClub are REALLY into Leslie,I learned all sorts of stuff but only posted what I know is true. Yeah,her youngest is little Joseph(who is actually a teenager). I know Andrew,her oldest,has gone into law. I just wonder when Leslie will be referring to herself as Grandma Leslie, the kid is at least in his mid-twenties by now but I have no idea if he's married or not.
I think her daughter is just a delight and what a special bond Marie has with her mother, you can see it in the videos.
I have been wondering when Leslie is going to put out a Menopause Walk? ya know, a Walk and a Talk about Menopause? she's got to be getting close as I believe she is now 47 or 48 and Linda,Joanne and Mary Kay are all about the same age so I wonder why menopause hasn't been addressed yet?? Leslie is just so magical around other people which is why I love her group workouts so much Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 09:16 PM  
LovetoFirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I have been wondering when Leslie is going to put out a Menopause Walk? ya know, a Walk and a Talk about Menopause? she's got to be getting close as I believe she is now 47 or 48 and Linda,Joanne and Mary Kay are all about the same age so I wonder why menopause hasn't been addressed yet?? Leslie is just so magical around other people which is why I love her group workouts so much Judy
Judy: Instead of "sisters in sweat" it could be "sisters with hot flashes"!!
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 09:17 PM  
LAC

I had a free subscription to her walk club for a few months and would have to agree, some of the members are "superfans". I read two of her three books and some things about her family are just stuck in my mind now.
A menopause walk & talk might actually be nice! Good idea! I once made a request for her to do a breast cancer walk, but got no response I thought it would be nice if she teamed up with New Balance (they have a whole pink ribbon line and could supply shoes/outfits) and donate some of the proceeds to the Avon Breast Cancer Walk or the Komen Race for the Cure. In fact, this morning I was doing her Nutrisystem Women's Walk and they were all dressed in pink and it made me think about it again.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 09:26 PM  
gjv

Thanks guys! I'm loving all of this!

Tags
leslie sansone, mary kay bruening, nutrisystem