Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-08, 02:47 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Walk Strong---an under-rated Leslie!

I am two weeks into a rotation of undetermined length (aka 'until I get bored') where I am alternating a regular Leslie walk with one of her more strength-focused ones. The strength-focused ones I am using include two flat-out toning-only routines (Shortcuts Upper & Lower, Walk Slim Firming) plus the following:

Walk Strong (the one with weights)
Walk Strong (the one with the stretchie)
Fat-Burner Two-Mile (mostly squats with nominal shoulder work)
Walk & Firm Intervals (so-so interval-type routine)
The Strength Walk (standard Leslie walk with not-bad toning add-on)
Power Walk & Firm (excellent arm-focused 3-mile walk, plus lower body add-on)

I have been really surprised at how much I am enjoying those two Walk Strong ones! It's basically intervals, about three minutes of strength work alternated with about three minutes of walking. The strength work is fairly balanced (i.e. it is not all shoulder work!) and lasts for long enough (unlike Walk & Firm Intervals) that it actually feels like enough to do some good. And the interval format makes the time go by really quickly. It is my favourite type of workout!

I am just surprised by how much I am liking those two Walk Strong workouts. I feel like they are the unsung heroes of my Leslie library right now, helping me get in my strength work without neglecting the cardio stuff. Anyone else really love these two? Anyone know who I might campaign to for more like these?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 04:11 PM  
sundari

I have the Walk Strong w/weights and it is a nice one. Leslie uses a 5lbs in this one.
Old 10-26-08, 04:50 PM  
cfgcanada

It's been a while since I did Walk Strong but if I recall rightly, the last time I did it, I used 8 lb. weights and really felt like I got a good workout out of the strength portions. Hmm, I'll have to pull it out again (and the Express one too).
Old 10-26-08, 05:08 PM  
sherry7899

I really like the ones that uses weights...and I forgot I own it Thanks for the reminder. I didn't care for the one with the stretchie, though.

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 06:10 PM  
CosmicCritter

Hi Joana

Was wondering how you can tell the difference between the two different Walk Strongs--the one with the stretchy and the one with the weights? What color covers do these workouts have and what are their full title names? At one time several years ago, I came upon a Leslie called Walk Strong at Netflix, and I really loved it. (fairly rigorous) I believe it used weights. I am now in search of the same DVD. I can't seem to find it on Netflix. The one that they carry called Walk Strong (express) uses a stretchy. That's not the one I want, but I can't find the other Walk Strong which uses weights. What exactly does it look like and what is its full title? Thanks very much----I'm desperate for this title.

Thank you

The Firm Workouts Forever
CosmicCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 06:53 PM  
cfgcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCritter
Hi Joana

Was wondering how you can tell the difference between the two different Walk Strongs--the one with the stretchy and the one with the weights? What color covers do these workouts have and what are their full title names? At one time several years ago, I came upon a Leslie called Walk Strong at Netflix, and I really loved it. (fairly rigorous) I believe it used weights. I am now in search of the same DVD. I can't seem to find it on Netflix. The one that they carry called Walk Strong (express) uses a stretchy. That's not the one I want, but I can't find the other Walk Strong which uses weights. What exactly does it look like and what is its full title? Thanks very much----I'm desperate for this title.

Thank you
The one I have that uses weights is called "Walk Away the Pounds Walk Strong" and is pink. The one that uses the stretchie band is called "Walk Away the Pounds Express" and is blue. Of course, they may have been reissued with different covers at different times. I tried to attach pics but it doesn't seem to be working. I added the pics to "Manage Attachments" but don't know how to get them into the message. Sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walkstrong.jpg (37.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg walkstrongexpress.jpg (37.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 10-26-08, 06:54 PM  
cfgcanada

Okay - seems the pics went in - it just didn't show up in the preview. Yay for me (ha, ha).
Old 10-26-08, 07:37 PM  
CosmicCritter

Fiona, thank you so much!!! The matter is now clear to me!!! The problem with Netflix is that they have the cover of the Walk Strong express workout (bluie) shown for the Walk Strong (with weights) workout. The same cover is shown for both DVDs. The cover is wrong for the Walk Strong Weight Loss Series. If anybody wants to order it, be sure to click on the title to make sure it says Express or not, as the case may be.

Thanks again Fiona!!!

The Firm Workouts Forever
CosmicCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-08, 06:20 AM  
Valancy

I like those two Walk Strongs, as well as the Fat-Burner 2 mile.

Best of all is the stretchie Walk Strong at the end where Leslie is yattering away and doing triceps kickbacks and you can see Mary Kay and Wendy and the gang just dying because she's going on and on and on....
Old 10-27-08, 09:56 AM  
glowacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
I am two weeks into a rotation of undetermined length (aka 'until I get bored')
LOL That's usually how long my rotations last too! Nice to know I'm not the only one.

ETA: I've used the Walk Strong w/ weights and love it. Your comments have made me want to try to get it again.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walk and firm, walk strong leslie