Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-11, 11:47 PM  
Aquajock

Any Rushfit reviews?

Greetings, sportsfans, just checking in to see if anyone has done and / all of the new Rushfit workouts by Georges St. Pierre? I believe Lapis had previewed one or two a few days ago but haven't heard anything more afterward.

Anyone? Anything?

TIA!

A-Jock
Old 01-13-11, 03:23 AM  
anik

You may want to take a look at this thread (page 3, scroll a little bit down):

cardiomama's review of a few RushFit workouts

HTH
anik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 04:30 AM  
RedPanda

I was gagging to get this one until I read lapis' first impressions, posted here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...hlight=Rushfit

I was put off by the repeat footage and the fact that the cardio component appears to be only 30 minutes:

Quote:
It appears from the dvds that I have viewed, that there is an over 10 minute warm-up, 30 minute actual workout and 6 minute cool-down which does make the dvds 45 minutes.

Last edited by RedPanda; 01-13-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: edited to fix link
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 08:36 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

I was able to review four of the workouts which I posted in a previous thread which included Strength & Endurance, The Fight Conditioning Workout, Full Body Strength and Explosive Power (which I referred to as Plyo.) Additionally, I also did the Abdominal Strength workout, which I did enjoy, however, did not update and include in my previous review.

My goal last week was to do a trial and complete all the workouts and then officially start my rotation this week. I was able to do five of the workouts, but then I fell outside my home and twisted my ankle (I am finally off crutches.) I have still to review two more workouts which include the Stretch for Flexibility and Balance and Agility dvds. (I plan to start my official rotation on Monday.)

So far out of the five workouts I completed, I liked four ....... was disappointed in the Fight Conditioning Workout.

I was also disappointed in the warm-up and cool-down which is the same on each workout and plan on doing my own warm-up/cool-down a few times a week, so I won't get bored doing the same old thing. I do like the fact that the workouts are shorter (minus the warm-up and cool-down, the actual workouts are 30 minutes,) but this appeals to me, as lately I have been short on time as well as I do like the exercises and get a good sweat going.

The workouts are well made and I enjoy GSP's trainer (Eric) who offers good information (I also like the participants who are there to workout --- there is no real chit-chat that distracts you from the workout as the majority of the talking is from Eric who offers suggestions/advice or GSP who mostly only talks during the breaks) ...... I also like the fact that you only need dumbbells, so this eliminates excess clutter ........ the workouts are straightforward and get the job done (there is room to grow as you can advance by using heavier weights as you become stronger) ........ I am happy with my purchase.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 11:05 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Lapis, why were you disappointed in the Fight Conditioning Workout?
Old 01-13-11, 01:40 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

As I stated in my initial review in another thread, I felt that a good portion of the actual workout time was basically wasted ........ (there was alot of stance work or else light combos, which bored me to tears, and instead could have been omitted or else used in a high intensity format,) HOWEVER, the remainder of the workout is excellent in that actual moves that you would find in MMA classes were utilized and worked in a way to actually make this dvd somewhat of a workout.
Old 01-13-11, 02:18 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Here is more info to give you a taste of the Fighting Workout:

Round 1 is 5 minutes ...... the majority of the Round 1 is stance work (forward, backwards and side to side.) You basically repeat the stance work which is not done at a high speed, for a certain amount of time and then change it up by adding a jump switch, start the next exercise by repeating the stance work and instead of jump switch you add a squat, start the next exercise by again repeating the stance work, and add a pivot, start the next exercise by repeating the stance work and adding a sprawl and then the last exercise is basically circling your stance. (I at this point felt like a little girl doing Ring-Around the Rosey, LOL)

Between Round 1 and Round 2, you do squat/kick and knuckle pushups

Round 2 is 5 minutes with light exercises such as jab, cross, hook, or uppercut hook and a knee up.

During Round 3 is when the intensity is kicked up a little ....... the moves in the remainder of the Rounds 3 - 5 are grappling moves and you work your core. I have grappled for years, and can appreciate Rounds 3 - 5.

Rounds 1, 2 and part of Round 3 are not high intensity, slow-moving and instead I would use as a warm-up. (but this is my opinion)

I would have loved if Rounds 1 and 2 instead consisted of advanced combinations, which is what I was craving.
Old 01-13-11, 07:30 PM  
Aquajock

Thanks for your feedback! The more I'm reading your reviews the less inclined I am to invest in it at this point. I think I'll wait for Shaun T's ASYLUM to come out, see how much that tortures me and then decide if I need anything more.

Thanks again!

A-Jock
Old 01-13-11, 08:02 PM  
Alan

These sound interesting but I don't know if I want the whole set, maybe just the Strength & Endurance and Explosive Power Training. I noticed Amazon has the Strength & Endurance workout for $11 presale which seems like a good deal. Does anyone know if they will eventually carry the the rest of the titles?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 08:13 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Hi Aquajock (I can understand your reasoning and I too am looking forward to Shaun T's Asylum ....... I want to be tortured too .)

To others who are still on the fence: The remainder of the workouts are well-done and I am happy with my purchase. Hopefully others who have received Rushfit will chime in as well to offer more reviews. If you are interested in shorter workouts, which require only dumbbells and give you a good workout, definitely consider Rushfit as an option.

Tags
georges st pierre, mma, rushfit, rushfit fitness program, sprawl