Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-11, 08:43 PM  
pharma_gal

Couple of Jumpsport rebounder questions

I see that there is sale currently on the jumpsport website. But there are 4 fitness rebounders - which one to get? And is there a difference in the one available on the costco website and the jumpsport website?

http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-Fitness-Trampoline.htm

Aslo I have a general question - is the rebounder big enough to do jump lunges and side to side hops? Im just worried there is not enough lateral and front to back space for these moves.

Thanks!
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 11:06 PM  
TerryMia

I have the model #350, but with a petal mat instead of the skirt...you'll definitely have to modify any side to side and front to back type movements from what you'd do on the floor. I believe the mat itself (with the petal skirt) is 37"...check out the website at www.jumpsport.com...all the specs are there. I'll tell you, though, that I absolutely LOVE mine...the bounce is just wonderful...I had a cheapie rebounder before (w/springs) and there's just no comparison. I'm not sure of what the difference is between the Costco model and any of the models on the website since I bought mine off the website. You can't go wrong getting one, though, imo...one of the best fitness purchases I've made (along with my Kangoo Jumps)!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 06:28 AM  
horsemom2

I love the product and previous customer service but what I do not like is this phony sale! The *sale* prices are similar to the original prices one year ago. For this alone I would suggest the Costco offer in the VF bargain section.

If you wear shoes, you can probably do the front and side movements with minimal adjustments. Barefoot bouncing would need more adjustments, no matter a petal or skirt mat.

Barb S
who hates when supposedly original prices are raised with a phony sale

ETA: the Costco deal is over
If I were to buy one today, I would just get the $199 220 model for bungee comfort, finding the skirt mat quieter than the petal mat and not needing as many cord tension adjustments. Cord warranty is still as good as the much more expensive Bellicon bungees.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 07:56 AM  
pharma_gal

When you buy from the jumpsport website can you choose if you want a skirt mat or a petal mat with any given model? If so which one is better? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 09:45 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
When you buy from the jumpsport website can you choose if you want a skirt mat or a petal mat with any given model? If so which one is better? Thanks!
220 and 350 have a skirt mat.
250 and 370 have a petal mat so cost more than the 220 and 350, respectively.
Actually I prefer the cheaper skirt mat. The petal mat is more comfortable for standing barefooted and lying but it is noisier and the petals can get in the way of the movement.

I asked their customer service about replacement cords for the 220 since its cords have a shorter warranty and was told they are $89 for replacement cords. The only difference between the 220 and 350 are the cords. Otherwise, same frame and same mat.

For more information just check
http://www.fitnesstrampoline.com/products/

Barb S

ETA: Bellicon cords may have to be replaced each year of use!
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 05:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Aslo I have a general question - is the rebounder big enough to do jump lunges and side to side hops? Im just worried there is not enough lateral and front to back space for these moves.

Thanks!
R.
I have the 350 (skirt model) and I like it a lot....but it is MUCH smaller than I was expecting. I would say that there is NOT enough room for jump lunges. You can side-to-side hop, but not far.

I mainly use mine for walking/jogging/health bouncing.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 10:05 AM  
ckfromca

I recently purchased the 350 model and I agree, it is too small for jump lunges. But, I love it. I had a cheaper spring model and there is no comparison. It is so quiet, I am thrilled with it.
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport