Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-20, 01:43 PM  
dbclark44

Tue 9/1 - 3709 steps/1.52 miles
Wed 9/2 - TM 20 min/1 miles; 45 min pool workout; 7523 steps/3.08 miles
Thu 9/3 - 3680 steps/1.51 miles
Fri 9/4 - TM 40 min/2 miles; 45 min pool workout
Sat 9/5 - 2604 steps/1.06 miles
Sun 9/6 - GYF Knee Session #1; TM 22 min/1 mile; Deep Stretch with Mimi Back; 5741 steps/2.35 miles
Mon 9/7 - Cathe STS M2 W1D1 Chest Shoulders Triceps; Cathe Chair Stretch; 3269 steps/1.34 miles
Tue 9/8 - 45 min pool workout; TM 43 min/2 miles; 8565 steps/3.51 miles

I started to go to the pool today. Had a 1 PM reservation but cancelled it because I just didn't feel like going today. They make the system so easy to make and cancel reservations. I love this system. I'll try and make a reservation for Friday.

Chrys, those winds you mentioned are what they were fearing for the CA fires. Can't believe the number of people they had to rescue who were in the area camping. Fires were already raging and even if they were no where near your campsite, it only takes a little wind for them to spread. I wouldn't have gone nowhere camping in CA or any other state that has fires raging.

Have a great hump day ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 04:41 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Deb, I agree---you wouldn't catch me camping any place close to a wild fire!

I've been on the treadmill today. Changing all those stupid passwords---something that should have been done long ago, but won't have to be repeated at this level again because I am using Google's password generator to create unique ones! If Google gets hacked we'll all be in trouble!

I'm going to make vegan Red Lentil Dahl and naan for dinner tonight.

https://www.noracooks.com/red-lentil-dahl/
Old 09-10-20, 04:18 PM  
dbclark44

Wed 9/9 - Cathe Lite Body Weight & Bands standing only premix; 3129 steps/1.28 miles
Today - GYF Knee Session #2; GYF Morning Stretch

The stretch on GYF is really good. Only lacks upper body as he really concentrates on stretching out the back. I don't mind. I have so many other stretch options that offer what he doesn't.

Was going to go to the pool yesterday but ended up canceling. Just wasn't feeling it.

Everything is going well. Nothing to complain about. Have a great Thursday evening ladies.

Old 09-12-20, 10:57 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I was super sick yesterday - went in for covid and strep tests; both negative. Feeling better today, but still coughing. Hoping to walk later.
Deb, I wouldn't camp anywhere near a fire either.
Leslie, I love naan.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 02:46 PM  
Sissy B

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while, not much has been going on. DD was home for Labor Day weekend and she went back to school Monday afternoon. She didn't really want to go. Even though she had an in person class on Tuesday, things are still not normal and she's having a hard time with it. DH had the day off on Tuesday but worked yesterday and this morning. They pulled his project crew this morning to do hurricane prep so he went ahead and came home. I'm not thrilled that there's another storm in the Gulf. Right now I don't have any plans to go to the condo, but we're keeping an eye on it. We've been watching college football on TV and it almost seems like a normal fall Saturday in the South. It's not the SEC, but the Arkansas State/Kansas State game has been a pretty good game.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:07 PM  
dbclark44

Thu 9/10 - 3340 steps/1.37 miles
Fri 9/11 - YMCA 45 min pool workout; 4208 steps/1.72 miles
Today - Cathe STS M2W1D15 Back & Biceps; Cathe Lite Extended Stretch #1

Glad I made myself get off my but and do something today before it got so late and I say the heck with it. Once I get going I can get it done. The hardest part for me some days is getting started. This completes week one of M2 for me as I skip the legs some weeks. Although she does have some challenging barre type bonus leg workouts at the end of each of the leg workouts in Meso 1. I need to get into the workout blender and put them together. I haven't spent much time in the blender.

I've been making it to the pool about 3X a week. I try and go every other day. My home workouts are a nice supplement to the pool work I'm doing. I love doing a lunge or squat in the pool. Man I can go deep deep! My back leg touches the pool floor behind me. Funny how the buoyancy on the joints takes away the pain when doing it in the water. It still hurts when I try and do them at home, so I just don't do them. My lower body work with GYF is challenging enough for my legs. He works them good in a short time. Cathe likes to spend 45 minutes on legs which I just think is overkill and not necessary. I just don't need to do 100 squats and lunges in differing varieties.

Chrys, hope you feel better soon.

Sissy, I'm sorry to hear your DD is struggling.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Old 09-13-20, 04:40 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I finished up the last 2/3 of Firm Volume 5, cleaned off the patio and arranged my new mums (band fundraiser purchase).

Don't really have much news the last few days.

Chrys, the naan was really good and surprisingly easy to make. I got the recipe from the NoraCooks website.
Old 09-14-20, 09:42 AM  
Sissy B

According to the current advisory, it looks like Sally will hit the MS Gulf Coast as a hurricane tomorrow afternoon. I just turned on the Weather Channel and Mike Seidel is in Bay St. Louis. I don't know where Jim Cantore is yet. DH and I put all our patio furniture in the shed yesterday, we pulled his grill into the house this morning before he left for work (he used it to cook last night, it's charcoal so we didn't want to take a chance that there were any embers still burning), so all we need to do is bring the garbage cans into the garage, shut the hurricane shutters and wait.

Thank you, Deb.

Leslie - I love Naan bread. I've never tried to make it though. I'm a great cook, but making bread is not my strong suit.

Chrys - I hope you're feeling better.
Old 09-14-20, 07:10 PM  
Sissy B

I made a last minute decision late this morning to go ahead and come up to the condo with the dogs. DD said I might as well just live here now.
Old 09-15-20, 11:20 AM  
Sissy B

Catching up on my steps

Wednesday, 9/2 - 5410 steps/2.29 miles
Thursday, 9/3 - 3885 steps/1.64 miles
Friday, 9/4 - 6744 steps/2.85 miles
Saturday, 9/5 - 5757 steps/2.44 miles
Sunday, 9/6 - 4129 steps/1.75 miles
Monday, 9/7 - 4023 steps/1.7 miles
Tuesday, 9/8 - 4287 steps/1.81 miles
Wednesday, 9/9 - 4521 steps/1.91 miles