Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-19-20, 10:31 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 8/12 - 4223 steps/1.79 miles
Thursday, 8/13 - 5789 steps/2.45 miles
Friday, 8/14 - 5666 steps/2.4 miles
Saturday, 8/15 - 5701 steps/2.41 miles
Sunday, 8/16 - 3453 steps/1.46 miles
Monday, 8/17 - 6715 steps/2.86 miles
Tuesday, 8/18 - 4229 steps/1.79 miles

DD started classes on Monday. Today she got stung by a bee at work so she had to take some Benadryl and go ahead and come home. She called me to talk to her while she was driving home in case the Benadryl kicked in and made her sleepy - luckily it didn't while she was driving - but she FaceTimed me once she got home and I could tell when it kicked in. Luckily she doesn't have any classes today.

Deb- She didn't purge all the threads prior to last year, just the ones from Challenges and Check-Ins and Bargain Watch as far as I can tell.

Leslie - DD wants her life back too. She has told me that it has been hard and she may want me to come back up in a couple of weeks. Of course, that may change as she gets back into the routine of school and classes. She's thrilled that at least some of her classes are in person on campus.

Chrys - I know you have a lot of extra details to deal with right now but I hope the school year is starting off good for you.

I have got to get my butt in gear. But, as you can see, I'm still struggling.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 10:55 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 8/19 - 7975 steps/3.37 miles
Old 08-21-20, 04:23 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 8/20 - 5486 steps/2.32 miles

There are two tropical systems that are expected to be hurricanes/tropical storms in the gulf next week.

I spent the morning running errands. I went to Target to get some more cases of bottled water and a few other things. We're on a well so if we lose power, we also lose water. The track from TS Laura has moved to the west and we're currently in the projected cone, which is not good news for us. Right now, the other storm looks like it's going to hit Texas. I also picked up a couple of bags of dog food and some groceries while I was out. We'll be keeping an eye on the storm and prepping over the weekend but it looks like the dogs and I will be going up to the condo on Monday morning at the latest unless something changes.
Old 08-23-20, 05:15 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I have done diddly squat this week. I am having a huge allergic reaction to the wildfire smoke, to the point where my skin and muscles itch I am exhausted. School starts tomorrow. There is supposed to be a cool front next weekend, so maybe some of this smoke will blow out of here.
Sissy, I hope you don't get hit too bad by the storms.
Hi, Deb! I hope you are doing well.
Hi, Leslie! How are you?

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 09:34 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 8/21 - 8695 steps/3.68 miles
Saturday, 8/22 - 3940 steps/1.67 miles
Sunday, 8/23 - 3573 steps/1.51 miles

DH and I spent the weekend alternating between monitoring Marco & Laura and watching The Crown on Netflix.

I went ahead and drove up to the condo with the dogs yesterday. It may end up that they don't really affect us at all (although we are still under a Tropical Storm Warning for Marco) and I could have stayed home, but there has been so much uncertainty about these storms (and Laura hasn't even made it into the gulf yet - it could all change again when that happens) that we just figured it was better to be safe than sorry. And it lets me spend some time with DD. Even though classes have started she's struggling because things are still not normal.

Chrys - Sorry the smoke is still bothering you. That has got to be miserable. I hope you can get some relief soon. I hope the first day of school goes well for you and everyone involved.
Old 08-26-20, 11:54 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 8/24 - 3295 steps/1.39 miles
Tuesday, 8/25 - 1410 steps/0.6 miles

Hurricane Laura looks like it's going to be a massive storm and may come in as a Cat. 4 when it makes landfall in LA/TX, which is NOT a good thing. DH is still working and will be unless they go to a ride out crew. I had been questioning whether or not I had really needed to come up here as the track kept shifting west, but after seeing the latest update, I definitely feel like I made the right decision. Hopefully any impacts at home will be minimal, but as I said in an earlier post, I'd rather be safe than sorry. And even then, we'll probably get some bad weather here too, but Laura should be downgraded to a Tropical Storm by then and we won't be in the center of the storm.

DD is glad I'm here, but this is not a relaxing visit like it was in July though. I'm on edge because of the storm (and can't help worrying because DH is still there) and she's irritated by how they're handling (or not handling) some of the online classes she's taking. One professor in particular is not posting the weekly assignments in a timely manner.
Old 08-27-20, 12:12 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 8/26 - 4088 steps/1.73 miles

I have talked to DH this morning and it looks like we were far enough to the east so the storm didn't really affect us at home. We may get effects from the storm here starting tonight and going through tomorrow. It should just be heavy rain fall but there may be some occasional wind gusts.

When we went to take the dogs out last night there was a cat outside and Thief tried to go after it. He was pulling on the leash so hard that I fell and then he dragged me a little bit across the pavement. I couldn't let go of him because I couldn't take a chance that he would run off and get lost. Thankfully, DD finally helped me get hold of him. I'm fine, just a little sore and I skinned my right knee and scraped my left forearm and my right big toe. Definitely a wake up call that I need to start strength training again.
Old 08-29-20, 09:14 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. The first week of school went pretty well. We are all adjusting to the kids being there only 2 days a week, with 3 days of online learning. I have found that my counseling is in person, by text and by email. Sometimes all 3 are going on at once. I finally gave up and went to the allergy dr on Wed - he put me on 3 times the normal amount of antihistamine. I finally feel normal, and walked on the treadmill last night. I'm planning to work outside today, because I missed last Saturday.
Sissy, I'm glad the storm missed your home. I'm so sorry about the fall! Silly Thief!
Hi, Deb and Leslie!

Chrys Dayley
Old 08-30-20, 05:04 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sissy, I'm glad you weren't hurt worse in your fall. The older I get, the more scared I am of falling!

Chrys, hope the allergies let up.

I have to say the weather here has been good. We could turn off the air conditioning yesterday.

I'm continuing to like my Fitbit Inspire HR. I find the sleep tracking very informative. However, I'm not one who pays attention to HR and I'm contemplating switching to a bra clip to more accurately track steps. I think placing the Fitbit on the wrist or on the ankle both overstate steps, because random movements will track as a step. I'm trying to get in more treadmill time (especially when I'm reading or typing on the computer, because why not?) and think it understates my steps on the treadmill if I'm wearing the Fitbit on my wrist.

Since I mostly care about accurate step and sleep tracking (and not heart rate), I'm considering wearing the Inspire in a bra clip during the day and on the wrist or ankle at night.
Old 08-31-20, 10:07 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile treadmill walk for me tonight. School is settling into a routine, which is great. The online classes that we have 150 students doing (they chose that option) is creating tons more work, but we will survive. We watched Black Panther last night. I was thinking it was filmed before Chadwick Boseman's cancer, but it was released 2 years ago. He did that film while undergoing treatment, without anyone knowing. He was tough.
Leslie, do they make bra clips for the Inspire? Will you post a link?
Hi, Sissy and Deb!

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers