Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-14, 11:45 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thank you LoveVa! Can I bug you guys for one more question? Just trying to determine which rotation to follow. I'm going back and forth between " too big" and " classic" I'm a pear so I have saddlebags, but also a long droopy butt I also hold most of my fat in the back of my legs/thighs/butt area. Which should I go for?Thanks again!
I think the materials for the specialized rotations have the specialized rotation for four weeks than it switches to "classic" for four weeks (I only followed for 4 weeks). I did the "too big" (looked like the slim and shape on the posted link) and found it good for fat loss though I didn't lose anything off my bum or hips. I lost from my waist, belly and thighs--though I was happy with this. I mainly picked that rotation because Sculpt was in it fairly frequent (though subbing I wanted it at least 2 times a week) and it had a lot of cardio. Classic looks good too.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 11:49 AM  
slysam

Quote:
O.k what do you guys think about using HIIT as the cardio sub. Too much?
I think it depends on your fitness and preference. The Cardio Axe workout was, in my opinion, low intensity and low impact. It may be intended as a recovery workout. I generally think with cardio people should follow their bliss/preferences as long as it is the rigt intensity for their goals. I felt Cardio Axe had similar intensity to a walking workout or to a lot of lower impact dance workouts. It does use the hips/waist a lot so there may be some added benefit there, but I thnk it is mainly a mild cardio recovery workout. I guess see how you feel--some feel bbl doesn't offer enough cardio. Bum Bum is more vigorous than Cardio Axe though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 04:10 PM  
flamingoo

So I have to tell you guys... I kept going back and forth between starting a rotation or not. I've really been loving my other workout, but after 9 months am really stuck in a bad plateau. I decided to go with the combination rotation hoping this will help me shed some lower body fat. Well apparently I haven't been working my butt muscles enough because I'm still having a hard time sitting after Bum Bum on Monday. I doubled up with High and Tight yesterday and 42 minutes of cardio and today really sore. I think I may have to take an unplanned rest day tomorrow and start back up Thursday. If this doesn't do anything for my lower body, then nothing will
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 11:58 AM  
flamingoo

O.k so I'm starting week number 4 and have to say my saddlebags are slowly starting to diminish and already seeing a little lift so I'm excited for that, but no improvement in my legs/thighs yet. Am I being too impatient? Should I stick it out? The other thing I was thinking of doing was subbing barre for the strength workouts. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 07-22-14, 12:21 PM  
PrairieGem

I did a nice, long rotation of Bum Bum + barre a couple of years ago, and I loved it. I had excellent bum shaping/lifting results that lasted *for years.* I never saw any noticeable changes to my legs, which was also my goal. (shrug) The only thing that slims out my legs is steady state cardio. It worked in college/my 20s with a ski machine, and it's working again with running. Unfortunately, the running (and accompanying weight loss) has cost me my BBL butt! So clearly I need to figure out how to add that back into my rotation.

I should mention that my #1 criterion with a workout is not "How will this make me look?" but "Will I enjoy this and stick with it?" I am typically very slow to see any kind of results, and if I do, it's always just a bonus. But my BBL butt and my steady-state cardio legs are two of the rare "visible results" I've gotten in my ~25 years of workouts. (I think the other one would be my Tae-Bo abs. Alas, Tae-Bo didn't pass the "stick with it" test!)
Old 07-22-14, 12:31 PM  
hotncmom

For me, long walks slim my legs and BBL and barre (specifially the foldover work) keep the butt intact. My butt will disappear as I lose weight so I have to work hard to keep a nice curvy butt and have slim thighs at the same time.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 12:35 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
O.k so I'm starting week number 4 and have to say my saddlebags are slowly starting to diminish and already seeing a little lift so I'm excited for that, but no improvement in my legs/thighs yet. Am I being too impatient? Should I stick it out? The other thing I was thinking of doing was subbing barre for the strength workouts. Thoughts? Thanks!
For some reason, most of the aesthetic results after one month came in my upper body with some slimming effect in my lower body. However, the real changes to my leg and thighs came in the second month, so keep going.

I will note, however, that from Day One, I changed my eating habits, too. I stuck mainly to the suggested calorie restriction; Also, 90% of the time, I used the meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the snacks in the BBL booklet. In fact, I still use a lot of them, because the book had some really good ideas for lunch that are easy for me to take to work.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 12:52 PM  
flamingoo

O.k I'll be a little more patient LoveVa- how heavy of weights did you use? My diet is very clean. I eat mostly paleo, but with a lot of veggies. The only real fats I eat are avocado's and I do love my bulletproof coffee! But I cut the dose in half. I'll give it another month and see where I'm at.
Old 07-22-14, 12:55 PM  
flamingoo

Oh and I forgot to mention I have been doing a lot of walking, but slow walking. My 4 year old still likes to sit in a stroller( I love!!!), but half way into the walk he wants to get out and walk and from there it's kind of back and forth I also do one hiit per week, but may up that to 2
Old 07-22-14, 12:56 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
O.k I'll be a little more patient LoveVa- how heavy of weights did you use? My diet is very clean. I eat mostly paleo, but with a lot of veggies. The only real fats I eat are avocado's and I do love my bulletproof coffee! But I cut the dose in half. I'll give it another month and see where I'm at.
I used 8s and 10s for Sculpt.

For High & Tight, I used 2.5lb on each ankle and was using a medium resistance band by the end of the 1st month, using a heavy one by the end of month 2.

Can't remember where I read it, but there was a BBL thread (I think it was on the Beachbody site) where a woman had the same concern as you (not seeing too much in the way of results for her legs and thighs). Then a few weeks later, she posted again and said that all of the sudden she started slimming down in the second month of the rotation.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, high and tight