Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-09, 12:29 AM  
muddjeansgal

I totally agree with Buzzer.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 07:36 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Speaking as a boomer, I appreciate everyone's efforts to make my life less impactful .

I need all the help I can get.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 08:04 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
maybe cathe's workout will be called 'shock cardio eggstreme'

LOL!

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 10:33 AM  
KathAL79

So far my votes for most likely to happen exactly as written is Moira. To her list add in that Gaiam will continue to bill itself as environmentally friendly while packaging one time use gadgets in big boxes...

The idea of Cathe putting out Eggstreme Shock Cardio Max workouts cracks me up; can't you just see the coupon to download it attached to the egg cartons? Hmm, wonder if that means we'll see Denise Austin workouts in sacks of Idaho potatoes, Rodney Yee DVDs attached to yogurt or whatever he's hawking, and so on...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 11:34 AM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
I predict that we'll see an increased focus on customization and personalization. I'd love to see every DVD come with a mix and match or matrix option of some sort.
Also would like to see more dvds with a music only option too. And to include 3 or 4 different soundtracks so we can have a choice of different music too !
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 11:48 AM  
Janga

I think the direction will be led by the Baby Boomers who will embrace a return to basics and extreme intensity that will (IMO) increase their longevity and make them feel younger and more vital. Plus there is a greater need in the future for Baby Boomers to age while remaining productive in wage earning and an active life beyond just having fun with exercise, so they will seek to get and stay strong physically.

I think the wimpier (my opinion, not disparaging anything, just a generic word) types of workouts that tend to be popular because they are more fun than traditional weight work will fall by the wayside as new generations become more mature and seek the real deal in physical fitness.

Leslie will retire rich.
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 12:05 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Speakin of Gaiam, here's a prediction I'd really, really like to see come true:

They'll produce Rodney Yee's PM Yoga for Your Week. Wish, wish, wish for this.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 02:30 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldillocks View Post
Also would like to see more dvds with a music only option too. And to include 3 or 4 different soundtracks so we can have a choice of different music too !
I second this!

And I second Rodney Yee's PM Yoga for Your Week. A whole series would be nice, really. As I've mentioned, I'm surprised Gaiam hasn't capitalized on this idea already. (I'll pass on AM Gadget for Your Week, though. )

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 05:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

AM Gadget for Your Week, LOL I'm surprised Gaiam hasn't thought of that!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 07:11 PM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp44 View Post
tony's horton's 'extreme walking workout' which involves walking on your hands for miles.
:d
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness predictions, fitness trends, old thread alert