Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-22, 09:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I taught reclined crow in class tonight! Rodney Yee sometimes includes it in his videos. I can get into crow (although I don't do it much), but side crow has always alluded me.

I just got Barre3 Studio Shape from VFer Karyn, and tonight I did the 10-minute Yoga Flow & Core, which was surprisingly tough (and also about 13 mins, LOL).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:24 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I did preview Kate's practice - I liked how she got into grasshopper from standing, which I've never tried. But sometimes I think poses like that look accessible, and then when I try them, there's no way, haha.
That happens to me as well. I'll watch an instructor do the pose and think I can do it only to find my body has totally different thoughts than my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Grasshopper is definitely not in my repertoire as I have cranky wrists. I can get into crow very briefly, but I usually have a block under my forehead.
Quote:
I taught reclined crow in class tonight! Rodney Yee sometimes includes it in his videos. I can get into crow (although I don't do it much), but side crow has always alluded me.
I can do crow, side crow, flying crow, scissor side crow, fallen angel, side plank with big toe hold, etc. but grasshopper seems to be out of my bailiwick for some reason.
SpiritYogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Dena, sounds like your body definitely can move in some ways mine can't! Maybe finding a different way to approach grasshopper would help you get into it?

Kate has a new practice called "Just Like a Fluffy Scarf" - that sounds like about my speed, LOL!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-12-22, 04:19 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Dena, sounds like your body definitely can move in some ways mine can't! Maybe finding a different way to approach grasshopper would help you get into it?

Kate has a new practice called "Just Like a Fluffy Scarf" - that sounds like about my speed, LOL!
I'm going to play around this weekend and see if there is a way to finagle my body into grasshopper.

'Just Like a Fluffy Scarf' is certainly appropriate for the weather I'm dealing with! LOL

I did Kate's Feel Good Flow today. While I enjoyed the poses, the flow was much too slow for me and she talked about each pose way too much before actually getting into it. On the plus side, she did do crow a few times.
Old 01-12-22, 05:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 23:
~Standing Yoga Poses for Hips (DoYouYoga YT)

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 05:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I'm going to play around this weekend and see if there is a way to finagle my body into grasshopper.

'Just Like a Fluffy Scarf' is certainly appropriate for the weather I'm dealing with! LOL

I did Kate's Feel Good Flow today. While I enjoyed the poses, the flow was much too slow for me and she talked about each pose way too much before actually getting into it. On the plus side, she did do crow a few times.
Good luck with working on grasshopper Dena!

I’m looking forward to Kate’s Fluffy Scarf, it sounds right up my alley. I get my strength work from other methods so my yoga practice is definitely more recovery & stretch focused. I’ve focused on standing practices for this Sadhana as I most often gravitate to yin and I want to add some variety. I away from home this month so trying to keep my practices short & consistent.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I was going to do Kate's scarf practice, but then after I did my yin pose of the day, this twisty practice from Kassandra came up, so I did it instead:
https://youtu.be/q57JIsSlYZA

I might try to do her mediation too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-13-22, 09:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I've been in a bit of a funk but catching up now.

01/10 - Day 20 - 15 minute timed meditation

01/11 - Day 21 - 20 minute timed meditation

01/12 - Day 22 - started Kassandra's seven day gentle yoga and meditation series - Monday Morning Gentle Stretch plus meditation. I made a nice supported supta baddha konasana nest for the meditation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 05:11 PM  
SpiritYogi

Today I did Eoin's Magically Hips followed by a ten minute pranayama meditation.
Old 01-14-22, 11:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

01/13/2022 - Day 23:

~ Sarah Beth Full Body Stretch Standing Yoga
~ Kassandra Morning Yin Yoga for Hips plus daily meditation
~ Continued with my own yin for psoas and worked on my square pose/double pigeon

Very happy I noticed this new offering from Sarah Beth Yoga, I loved it! The Kassandra is day 2 from the seven day yoga/meditation and it was sweet. For the meditation I chose supported fish pose with the mini ball.

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and warm if you're in the storm zones.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote