Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-21, 05:07 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post

JMW Junkies calendar: Not a heavy Facebook user, but I joined the JMW Junkies group late last year.
I am re-ordering for 2022. The investment is reasonable for me ($29.99 for US) and I have the physical calendar to show for my purchase.
I'd like too try this. I wish they have the pdf version. I'm spoiled by YouTube that $30 is too high 😂
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:00 AM  
SherBear

I haven’t bought fitness stuff for a long time, so I made up for it this year.

Hits
Cathe’s Boss Bands. I use them all the time in other workouts and on the rebounder
Dynamax medicine ball. I used to participate in Crossfit. Not that I liked Wallballs but I missed working with the med ball. Got one off Amazon during a sale. At the end of a WO, I do wallball situps against a wall, cleans, and squats holding the Med ball.
Cathe’s mat for the step. Perfect size for when using the step as a weight bench. Where have you been all my life?
Cathe LIVE. I miss group workouts sometimes. Her live workouts fill the void. I see what everyone is wearing, modifying, kicking butt, etc. I also like not knowing what's ahead in a workout. I love ‘em and hope she continues them for years to come.
Crossropes – I love jumping rope and these ropes are hard (the heavy ones)! They push me, so they are a hit. I’m looking forward to warmer weather to use them again.
I bought 3 KCM DVDs this year. Cardio Sculpt overload one on one is my favorite of all of hers. She uses a weighted vest and the format is fantastic. Wish she would do more of this type.

Misses
Cathe Boss band workouts. Nothing wrong with them in particular but I don’t reach for them
KCM Strong and Lean
KCM Sculpting RX
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I didn't purchase much in 2021 but my resubscribing to Get Healthy U TV is a definite hit. Love the variety, the energy and fun. I got the GOLD annual membership for $9 and I've been using the heck out of it. Love it!

Misses:

Suzanne Bowen subscription - very lower body intensive and these pulses were killing my knees. Many workouts felt the same to me.

Jessica Valant Pilates. Solid workouts but I'm not clicking with Jessica as an instructor or her style.
Old 01-01-22, 12:32 PM  
alisoncooks

Hits:
This year I did several months of Moving Mangoes, but I eventually stopped because I felt her branding and presentation style changed (for the worse) once she moved to the US. (So also a “miss”?)

Kaleigh Cohen - her strength workouts really got me back in the groove! I was consistent and motivated.

Misses:
Well, I only bought Jari Love’s Get Ripped in 6 (name?) but I haven’t even opened it. I bought it right before I discovered Kaleigh Cohen, lol. Poor timing.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 01:07 PM  
gigi

I have not had a lot of hits lately. Misses for me:
645 - I thought this was a hitt until it quickly became a miss for me, though I kept going with it for quite a while.

Hit and Miss:
Cathe Live (I've subscribed and unubscribed so many times this year)

Hit:
CDorner Fitness

Last week of 2021 and into 2022 Hits that I hope remain Hits for me:
Heather Robertson
Old 01-01-22, 02:16 PM  
Messe

Biggest hit: All the VFers who have shared links to their favorite YouTube instructors

Biggest miss: Jessica Smith's Lift & Shift

Burned out on: Cathe, Jessica Smith, and Lauren Brooks

Looking forward to: YouTubers Heather Robertson, Lift With Cee, and a few others I haven't tried yet

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 03:24 PM  
warriorprincess

Biggest Hit:
Sleek Technique. I especially love their eight 40ish-minute classes. I've been doing those over and over.

Biggest Miss:
Apple Fitness+. I mean, it's not bad, I did 30 of the workouts after all. But I really wanted to love it. The music's modern. Your heartrate and stats show on the screen, which is cool. But there are other things so much better. As an Apple Fan girl, my expectations were very high.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 05:31 PM  
danac99

I look forward to this thread every year!

Hits
Apple Watch - I love the monthly challenges and badges
Jenny Ford Walk Across America
Rediscovering the Firm Ultimate Compendium and all of the rotation ideas. I picked one of the 4-week rotations to do this month.
Jessica Smith
Leslie Sansone - Walk Strong. This is an old workout that I didn't realize I had until I saw it on a compilation DVD . This is a great, quick workout to get in some steps and strength training. I used it quite a bit this past summer when I had trouble being motivated to work out.

Maybe a Hit - too soon to tell
Metabolic Renewal. I've tried the first three workouts and liked them. They are short and tough but doable and I feel like I got a good workout afterward.

Hit & Miss
Goodwill. I like it because it can be a cheap way to try a workout that I've never tried before, but it's been about 50/50 whether I like the workout enough to keep it. It's kind of fun to look, though.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 07:54 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I'd like too try this. I wish they have the pdf version. I'm spoiled by YouTube that $30 is too high 😂
Yup, I get it. If I didn’t get the physical calendar, I would not spend the money.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:09 PM  
bubbles76

For just the dvds I've bought or traded for or finally got around to completing in 2021:

Hits:
Plyometric Pump w/Curvy Fitness Pro with Anowa Adjah
Powerhouse Physiques Volume 1 Presents: Full Body Curve Down with Curvy Fitness with Anowa Adjah
Body By Banks Your Personal Trainer Transformation Series
Dr. Levi: The Art of Fitness Cardio Core
X-trainfit at Home with Stephanie Oram
Yoga Burn Monthly - I really love this set!
Group RX Power Step

Meh:
Amenzone Volume 1 - this dude just howls too much. I might try it again though lol! It's a great workout for working with the bosu
Crosby Tailor 30 Day Transformation - damn shame cuz he's gorgeous, but I didn't feel like I got enough of anything done. However I may reacquire this one, as it could be good for a recovery workout
Dove Bodies 2,3, and 4 - these were okay workouts, but I just couldn't get into them. Seemed like they went on forever.
Xtreme Hip Hop Step with Phil - the workout itself was pretty good but it was so difficult to navigate the dvd and the chaptering was so wonky it took away some of the enjoyment for me.

Misses:
Jillian Michaels Body Revoution
Madeline Dolente Strong Lean and Defined
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, kcm super sculpt, worst of