Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-22, 11:07 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Rhonda, did you see they're offering a two week free trial? I don't know if it's still available now or not.
I did see that. Almost signed up, but I'm not quite ready for it. Besides, I have the e-book I can do, and the official Crossfit site posts workouts every day. You can go back years and do older workouts.
Old 01-01-22, 12:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I did see that. Almost signed up, but I'm not quite ready for it. Besides, I have the e-book I can do, and the official Crossfit site posts workouts every day. You can go back years and do older workouts.
Yeah, I considered it for about a minute and decided not to do the trial. I have so much to keep me busy already and not even sure how well I'll do with the ebook.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 07:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
For realsies! I even dropped a full pant size. And bear in mind that I've gained 35 lbs in 3 years since starting perimenopause and numerous injuries and a surgery. And I *NEVER* thought losing weight for me was even possible. With the holidays I haven't been able to keep within the calories (sorry, Pahla) but I know now that I actually can and look forward to getting back to my routine next week.

So my plan for 2022 is pretty simple: stay in a consistent calorie deficit but meet my macros with nutrient-rich foods, do weights a few times a week when I can, and keep NOT doing cardio! (and keep up with water!)
Lori your post made me smile to see and hear how you're progressing! That turning the corner never quite seems like it may happen and then when it does ...

I pray that moment for all of you struggling for whatever reason and for those of you rehabbing! Don't give up!!

My plan is to find ways to address the muscle imbalances and mobility differences in my body. My ultimate goal is to work towards two mini sessions (pilates or mobility training) and one strength or cardio session on my workout days. Going to start off with one mini session and strength or cardio and hoping to build that solidly by the end of the year. When I add the mini sessions and have two rest days within a week is when I feel and operate at my best. So gonna keep doing more of that.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:04 AM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Martha, please check back and let us know how you like it. Is it really ad free?
No ads so far other than the ones embedded by, e.g., CBS in clips from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to promote the show itself.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:26 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lori your post made me smile to see and hear how you're progressing! That turning the corner never quite seems like it may happen and then when it does.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. For me, I had to really figure out what wasn't working and forget about what used to work. My injuries piling up weren't going to heal like they used to. Calorie deficit, weight training, CS, rest. Repeat! No cardio seems to be key for me right now. Too exhausting and made my peri symptoms worse.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 10:28 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks! I really appreciate it. For me, I had to really figure out what wasn't working and forget about what used to work. My injuries piling up weren't going to heal like they used to. Calorie deficit, weight training, CS, rest. Repeat! No cardio seems to be key for me right now. Too exhausting and made my peri symptoms worse.
I did Day 1 of PB's challenge - the 20-minute walk. Do all of her workouts have a similar format? No cueing, just inspirational talk? There's not much need for cueing in a walking workout, but there was no variety, either. She mentioned doing your own thing and I did end up mixing up the steps myself. And the lack of music made me realize I need that to keep a consistent pace. I like her, and what she had to say, so I'm curious about how she leads the weight workouts (yes, I know I can just try them out - just need a heads up).
Old 01-02-22, 02:05 PM  
donnamp

Mopsy -which challenge are you doing? She did 2 Weight loss challenges, I think the better one is the one she did in January 2021.

For her weight workouts she does give form pointers.

Lori - that is great that you have seen some changes!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 04:11 PM  
lingo10

I bought myself a new spin bike months ago, started strong then stuff got stored on top of it, plans are to clear the stuff and use it more often. Probably 3-4 a week.

Incorporate my pilates bar/ Easy Shaper Pro Bar into my workouts more. More stretching of course.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 04:34 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Mopsy -which challenge are you doing? She did 2 Weight loss challenges, I think the better one is the one she did in January 2021.

Donna
The Menopause one and I think it is from last January. I didn't pay attention that there were others.

Right now, my main goal isn't weight loss. I just want to gently get get back into a regular-ish routine. I've been slacking
Old 01-02-22, 07:25 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I did Day 1 of PB's challenge - the 20-minute walk. Do all of her workouts have a similar format? No cueing, just inspirational talk? There's not much need for cueing in a walking workout, but there was no variety, either. She mentioned doing your own thing and I did end up mixing up the steps myself. And the lack of music made me realize I need that to keep a consistent pace. I like her, and what she had to say, so I'm curious about how she leads the weight workouts (yes, I know I can just try them out - just need a heads up).
Pahla's weight workouts are a little more challenging than the walking workouts, in my opinion. I also think they're well put together and thought out with good form. But I realized right away with Pahla's workouts that I needed music, kind of a deal breaker for me, and I also really needed heavier weights than her offerings. Once my knee healed up enough, I went back to Cathe Live for weight work. I now do three a week, and the other days I do CS/Essentrics. Too much walking bothers my knee.

For me, I follow her advice on calorie deficit, less/lower intense workouts, and water intake.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022, goals, motivation, new year, new year goals