Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-21, 09:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
After my back injury, I got rid of all my kettlebell workouts except for one. It made me too sad to look at them.
I'm sorry to hear that too, VVfer.

But I'm curious as to the one you decided to keep...what was it? was it as a keepsake?
or did it contain moves you could still do?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 10:06 AM  
sherry7899

I have the whole "Sweatin to the Oldies" set on dvd, but I only use them once or twice a year. I hang onto them for the music, since Richard's cuing is awful.

I saved my first Leslie Sansone dvd with "Two Mile Walkaerobics." I am sentimental about it. There may be a few others I keep for the same reason, but they do not take up much space.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 10:38 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I keep them. They are not worth much. However, I do peruse the trade list and reqeust the wealth. If there's anything on my to go DVD list, I just ask for SASE.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 10:45 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I keep them. They are not worth much. However, I do peruse the trade list and reqeust the wealth. If there's anything on my to go DVD list, I just ask for SASE.
I do the same thing.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 12:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm so sorry VVFer That's how I feel about a lot of my high impact workouts, but I can't seem to let them go yet.
Ah, Bubbles! It's hard to let go, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm sorry to hear that too, VVfer.
But I'm curious as to the one you decided to keep...what was it? was it as a keepsake?
or did it contain moves you could still do?
FoLV - I kept Andrea DuCane's Kettlebell Boomer workout. It is specifically geared to older exercisers. The participants have assorted limitations and she gives modifications (dirty word!!!) for them all.

Kettlebell Boomer (2011)

I don't do the cardio workout, only the strength one. I particularly like the weighted carries.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 05:15 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I have a lot that I bought and *thought* I'd like but at *the time* they didn't click with me. Fast forward to injuries/perimenopause, and now they fit my interests.

I also have a lot that I've kept despite injuries/perimenopause tiredness/inability to recover or heal etc. that are either high impact or too heavy, etc. But I have found that the high impact/too heavy ones are easily modifiable to my current level. If I liked them then, I can learn how to make them work now. I won't give up, I just modify!

And since my interests and fitness level are so variable (and time of year too; I tend to do mild stuff in the winter and harder stuff in the summer), this is kind of my MO!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 10:31 AM  
red1013

Unless I absolutely hate it, I keep most because I never know when things will change and I'll want something easier/harder. I have plenty of room in my unfinished basement, and until that changes I don't need to worry about having too many workouts.
Old 12-23-21, 10:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I keep them for a while, maybe a LONG while, but eventually get rid of ones I just don't do. But, I'm also trying to declutter and that's just one category of stuff I'm trying to cut down on. Recently, I got rid of a couple of cardio workouts with complex choreography that I LOVED doing back in the day. It felt good to send them to someone who would use them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, tamilee webb