Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-21, 07:40 PM  
bfit

Skin problem related to exercise

I have had a strange itchy skin problem for about a year that is related to exercise. My back where my exercise bra is gets itchy where the straps are. It's especially itchy after I take the bra off and air gets on the skin. I do not see any rash or flaky skin or anything visible, but it itches for quite a while after I take the bra off. Taking a shower and using the back brush does not really help. It's definitely related to how long I keep the exercise bra on, and it's only my back that itches, nowhere else. I never had this before, and I've exercised for years. Does anyone have any ideas?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 08:02 PM  
aspidistra

I have had this before - it was an allergy to the latex in the bra straps. I went looking for all-cotton bras but there were none. I tried different brands and found some without so much latex. It does matter how long you wear it and also how tight it is.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 09:35 AM  
Izzy

My son has this problem. His is that his whole body breaks out in a rash. This started happening in his mid-20's. He has always played sports and been active and he started noticing this rash after going to the gym or going for a run. He finally went to a dermatologist who prescribed this cream he has to put on before he exercises. I am sorry there is a name for this condition and the cream and I don't have it. But I remember the doctor saying he thinks it's related to hormones. It's been about 8 years and it doesn't happen as often as it used to so he only uses the cream when he feels the rash is coming on. But I remember him coming back from the gym and his whole back and torso was covered in a rash. He said his upper leg and groin area as well.

Tags
latex, rash, skin irritation