Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-21, 02:42 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
In Jessica's original announcement: https://www.liftandshift.us/
Thank you!

This does look really good. I like how slow and controlled everything is. I've been doing Cathe almost exclusively for months now and she just flies through. I make liberal use of my pause button, lol.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 03:53 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post

Overall I loved it and am very glad I purchased! Can't wait to try the rest of them.
Please keep us posted after you try more!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 03:55 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
These sound really good and I liked the clip she provided. I think Jessica is very knowledgeable and it seems like she moves at a controlled pace in these. I'm still trying to see if I can make the $$ happen before the 14th, but all of the reviews so far are definitely pushing me towards buying, despite any reservations I have about these not being DVDs.
Likewise!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
Old 03-06-21, 09:02 PM  
IceQueen07

Thank you for posting reviews and impressions. How do you think these compare to Cathe weight work. Easier than Cathe strength or about the same? Do you think you can lift heavy with these?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 09:52 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thank you for posting reviews and impressions. How do you think these compare to Cathe weight work. Easier than Cathe strength or about the same? Do you think you can lift heavy with these?
I usually use Cathe for strength. I’ve done 3 of the workouts so far. Two of them use a slow and deliberate pace...you can definitely go heavy. The pace isn’t quite as slow as Slow&Heavy, but is conducive to lifting quite heavy if you can. The third was focused more on stabilizing muscles (postural muscles, rotator cuff, etc), so you use much lighter weights. I love that Jessica includes these workouts...they’re very focused on injury prevention imho.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 06:28 AM  
Cher

Quote:
It is really hard to say since I haven’t tried them all yet. Possibly a step down from some of Cathe’s faster million rep ones but could be similar to some of her slower paced workouts. So far the couple I’ve watched you can go pretty heavy if you want (except Fine Toning she suggests no higher than 5 lbs). Jessica calls heavy weights 10 - 35+ lbs. dumbbells so whatever is right for you. If you have any specific questions, let us know. Maybe one of us here would be able to answer for you.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 06:44 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I usually use Cathe for strength. I’ve done 3 of the workouts so far. Two of them use a slow and deliberate pace...you can definitely go heavy. The pace isn’t quite as slow as Slow&Heavy, but is conducive to lifting quite heavy if you can. The third was focused more on stabilizing muscles (postural muscles, rotator cuff, etc), so you use much lighter weights. I love that Jessica includes these workouts...they’re very focused on injury prevention imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
It is really hard to say since I haven’t tried them all yet. Possibly a step down from some of Cathe’s faster million rep ones but could be similar to some of her slower paced workouts. So far the couple I’ve watched you can go pretty heavy if you want (except Fine Toning she suggests no higher than 5 lbs). Jessica calls heavy weights 10 - 35+ lbs. dumbbells so whatever is right for you. If you have any specific questions, let us know. Maybe one of us here would be able to answer for you.
Thank you. That's what I was needing to know. I like Cathe's strength work, but I hate a lot of reps. I am looking for some variety with strength work (doing Caroline Girvan Epic I right now) and do better following a rotation than trying to do paper workouts. Now I need to decide if I want to get now or what and hope the price goes down during the next round.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 08:21 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Now I need to decide if I want to get now or what and hope the price goes down during the next round.
That's where I am too ... As well as wondering if, once DVDs are available (if), then would there be a special deal for those of us who have already paid .... decisions ...

Current Rotations:
Old 03-07-21, 01:26 PM  
Leonana

I did the Fine Toning Workout yesterday. I'm not too knowledgeable about describing workouts, but the vibe to me was a combination of one of her light weight fusion workouts and the Walk Strong 1 Prehab routine. However, the moves were new to me, and she moved slower than her fusion workouts, which I liked. I also liked that it had wrist and ankle strengthening moves and balance moves. I read one comment that said the ankle strengthening moves were similar to the ones her PT had given her.

I also did the five minute stretch. It was fine, but I prefer the five minute stretch in the Stretch dvd. Just personal preference. Although I would guess the L&S stretch is geared to the workouts.
Old 03-07-21, 02:46 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Thank you, that sounds very promising. I'm still kind of bummed from getting an Osteoperosis diagnosis last year after thinking I was doing all the right things to avoid that. I like that these workouts could be slower and heavier. This may be an enabler for me, Lol. The group check-in and rotation could be encouraging.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation