Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-22, 10:34 AM  
pharma_gal

Short weight workouts with progressive overload

Is there any workout set or youtube program that has short weight workouts that you can progressively overload week to week preferably 6-8 weeks? Somewhere in the 20-30 min range with either 3 day body part split or upper-lower splits? I want to work on my strength for the remainder of the year and just try to get my daily steps in for cardio. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 11:07 AM  
alisoncooks

You could easily do this with Kaleigh Cohen strength. She has a ton of upper/lower 20 to 30-minute workouts. You could choose a few and make a program. She goes heavy. She does have a few rotations, but I never follow them. (I pick and choose.)

Also, do any of Lift With Cee’s programs fit the request?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 03:06 PM  
nschultz

What about Lauren Gleisberg? She releases a new workout program 4x/year and just released a new one. She follows progressive overload principles, it may have a bit more cardio work, you could skip though.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 03:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you could adapt almost any weights workout to be progressive by adding more poundage when you are ready.

CLX is like this and you only need a few of the DVDs from that series to work out with. all workouts are <30 min.

Cathe's Gym Styles - although it has 10 DVDs in the series, you only need the 3 weights DVDs to work out with. Each disc is well-chaptered and you can do a split workout, complete with w/u and c/d in <30 min. she won't tell you to increase your poundage - just add more when you're ready. in that respect, it is progressive-adaptable.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 04:42 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

When I restarted earlier this year, I used KCM's Muscle Up Lift to be Fit. She only does 8 reps of all the exercises with heavy weights. I used light weights or body weight only for the lower body portion, and worked my way up. It consists of two 30 minute workouts that emphasize various muscle groups, but there's lots of premixes so you can pick and choose how to structure your workout. There's a total body workout option if you want to do that.
Old 09-29-22, 09:22 PM  
edensmom

Lift with Cee 6 week body part split.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL..._9cFPyFGVay8Ab
Edit: nvm. It's 4 days but otherwise it works
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
progressive overload, short weight workouts