Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-22, 04:35 PM  
carly

Thanks for all the posts. Sounds like a wake-up light might help me a lot. I still need a traditional alarm which is adequate when I have a scheduled appointment but it doesn’t “motivate” me otherwise. Sleeping in has become an unwanted hobby. Love it when I am snuggled under the covers but hate myself later when I have lost half the day.

In researching wake-up alarms I also discovered the option to change out my two bedside lamps with smart bulbs that I could control with a phone app to simulate sunrise. Having both lamps would eliminate me rolling away from the light. If they don’t work to my liking I will move them to lamps I could use for away from home scheduled lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095KQVCCN...008ab9103&th=1
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 12:25 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Hahaha what??? I have to know what this brand is. Tiny Bubble would go bananas for an alarm clock of baaing sheep. Heck, I would too
I'm out of the country, but when I get home, I'll check to see the brand.

My father gave it to me to get rid of it because every time he heard it, he got angry all over again at his wife (who had been dead for five years) for buying it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 09:23 AM  
warriorprincess

The smart bulb idea is brilliant!

I use an Alexa glow light to know what time it is. I haven't had to wake up to an alarm for a couple of years, so I didn't think of it when you asked, but it's perfect for that. DH sleeps on the couch, and when he wakes up, he tells Alexa 'good morning,' which does a bunch of things including turning my glow light blue. At 6:30, it turns red. So when I wake up, I know whether it's at least 6:30 or if DH is awake, either of which I like to get out of bed for. Because the dog needs to be walked early in S. Florida, and I like to have coffee first!

I don't think the glow light is bright enough for an alarm, but other smart lamps certainly are.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 06:43 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
...the dog needs to be walked early in S. Florida, and I like to have coffee first!
I think the bright morning S. Florida sun and a dog to walk would solve my problem!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 09:48 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I have to get up at 330 am on work mornings, so I NEED my sunrise alarm clock! It has both light and sound, I think most of them do. . . It's a gentle sound (there are choices; I chose birdsong), but the light plus the sound gets me up consistently (obviously, since I haven't lost my job yet!)

I got one when I got my first nursing job and can't imagine getting up any other way.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm clock, wake up light