Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-22, 01:10 PM  
sugar rose

Very worried about Florida!

I'm praying for Florida - I hope and pray everyone stays safe and survives the hurricane!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 01:18 PM  
fatkat555

We stayed for Ida last year. Praying for them. Until you’ve gone through it, you have no idea how scary and devastating it can be.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 05:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

It's sounding very scary. My husband just showed me a crazy picture of the many utility trucks parked and waiting to fix things. I hope it's not as bad as predicted. Stay safe, everyone.
Old 09-28-22, 05:44 PM  
star117

Yes, I hope our FL vidiots stay safe!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 06:02 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Weather worries are the absolute worst, especially when storms come at night. I'll be thinking of all of you.
Old 09-28-22, 06:46 PM  
Gams

I talked to a friend in Ft. Myers this morning and she didn’t seem to think it was going to get that bad, but I checked wind speeds there throughout the day and I saw it as high as 124 mph. She promised to call
me when she could but I’m feeling anxious.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 11:48 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Here in Southeast Florida we had minor impacts from Ian. Fort Lauderdale had wind and rain, but it was not too bad.

The pictures from the West Coast of Florida do not look good. I hope that residents of Fort Myers, Naples and Port Charlotte stayed safe, and that Sanibel and Captiva totally evacuated.

Best wishes to all-

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 12:44 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Yes, I hope our FL vidiots stay safe!
The weather is beautiful here in NW Florida today, albeit a bit windy. We haven’t had rain in over a week. I’d hoped we would have gotten a little last night.

It’s heartbreaking to think of what’s going on down the road. So many lives lost. Can’t imagine how terrifying it was for pets and other innocent creatures. Probably many drowned. I don’t know what types of diseases (if any) will surface.
Old 09-29-22, 02:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Karla, thanks for checking in.

my sister lives in Daytona Beach and the storm caused a small leak on their roof. they have no power or internet right now, but they're otherwise OK.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 02:16 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

We vacation in Fort Myers Beach for a month every winter. Pictures and videos show much of it is wiped out. The entire food/shopping/entertainment area is totally leveled.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricanes