Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-22, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Last night was a frost threat night - all my plants outside can go to sleep for the season as far as I'm concerned - everything else is safely inside. It's pretty chilly inside this morning, but I'm holding off on turning on the furnace. Today I'll be meeting my friends for a walk. Otherwise lots of putzing...

Laura, I got the Pfizer shot for Covid yesterday, which doesn't affect me as much as the Moderna one. I got a shot in each arm - leaves me a bit balanced if soreness develops. I am happy that Adelija still messages me and keeps me in her world - she's a good kid!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 11:05 AM  
Vantreesta

I finally worked out yesterday. First time since the 6th! I did an episode of Happy Yoga that was all core focused and not modified with a chair. Then I did Julia Reppel's shoulder and thoracic mobility and PT. I'm supposed to do 2-3 rounds of my PT exercises but could only manage one yesterday. I woke up with major DOMS in my hams, quads and glutes as well as in my shoulders. I'm not sure if the shoulders was all the downward dogs in the yoga practice or this kind of weird exercise in PT. Loving it though!

Temp was 37 when we walked this morning but there was no wind and it was sunny so I actually got too warm in my light layers. It's hard to know how to dress at this time of year during the day. At night I know I need a light jacket since it's dark. Amazing how much difference the sun makes.

Anita, that's great that Adalija stays in touch with you. You must have provided a good experience for her or she likely wouldn't keep it up. We play the stubborn game every year and don't turn the heat on till one of us cries uncle. Sometimes we can tough it out till the house says uncle. Hubby got the new furnace filter but we haven't put it in yet.

Laura, glad you have a schedule now for your MIL's appts. I always struggle when i don't know how to plan! Thanks for letting us know Paula doesn't have covid.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 06:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today went by quickly. I spent a fair amount of time decluttering this morning. The cleaners come tomorrow and now they can get to more surfaces in the house. This afternoon, we went for haircuts. She cut and thinned and then cut some more. I'm glad to get it all cut back before next week's trip.

Yeah, yeah. You Minnesotans are T-O-U-G-H! You break through the ice in toilet so you can flush it. You breathe on the mirrors to make ice sculptures. You guys are tougher than I am. I've been wussified living in the south.

Anita - It's great that Adelija keeps in touch. As Vantreesta said, she must have had a good experience. Congrats on getting the plants where they need to be. It seemed early, but I forget how far ahead of us you are.

Vantreesta - It sounds like you are back to good exercise. Good job! Figuring out what to wear is the same here, just in a warmer way.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 08:16 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

My Carcassonne game got cancelled this morning, but I'm still up. I'll plan on taking a walk again today and enjoying this cooler weather! I did set up my space heater to help keep the living room a bit warm and that's working just fine when I'm watching TV in the evening. Otherwise today is a putzing day!

Vantreesta, yay on getting back to workouts! I haven't done anything formally for years other than walking now - what a change from my circus days . Today is the first day of a chair yoga class at the church for our elderly neighborhood - I might join them. I change furnace filters each season change - even though my furnace isn't on in the summer, I still use the house fan with my AC that ends up going through the filter. Not as much dog hair now though...

Laura, yay on decluttering! And yay to a good haircut! Yeah, I got my indoor plants in a week before frost warning here, but I'd rather take my time and do it on a good day before the frost warning came. I'm enjoying cuddling in sweatshirts and jeans now!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-29-22, 12:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm glad you are able to feel cuddly, Anita. That's a nice feeling. We knew a family in Maryland that always threw the biggest and best Christmas party. The husband was in charge of all the outside lights. He said that the key was to get out during the nice days in November to get them up before it turned so very cold. Sounds like the same sound principle.

Today has been an odd day. First thing this morning, we got a text asking if the cleaners could come early instead of late morning. We got the last few things put away. This afternoon, I'm going out to run some errands - chiropractor drop-in, pick up prescriptions, and go to the grocery store for the last things we need pre-trip. We are also in the midst of doing multiple loads of laundry today.

It has been a cloudy and blustery day with winds whipping up, dying down, and coming back. It has been tough on Polly who wants to be outside. Right now, she's outside and must have found a place to hunker down because it has been a while since we've seen her. Tomorrow, we're supposed to get rain most of the day with the possibility of up to 5 inches. I'm glad we do not live in a flood prone area AND that we get the remanants of hurricanes rather than direct hits. I feel for the people in Florida!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-30-22, 07:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC and going for a nice walk afterwards. It should be a nice warm weekend! More putzing - I may wash the outside windows today, but it will definitely be done sometime this weekend. I do the outside windows with a bottle attached to my hose.

I did contact Lexy and she's fine after Hurricane Ian - rain, but no major damage where she is. Yay! I'm hating seeing the destruction on the news...

Laura, I miss my Gus - he was the best heater on my couch and bed . I'm not doing Christmas lights outside from my roof - I did icicle lights in the past, but am down to about one 8' string of those lights, need about 4 of those... I feel safer not dealing with them. I use the remaining string on my back porch. Glad you were able to fit your cleaners in. I'm hoping Polly comes in when Ian hits you - that will be lots of rain whether he is a hurricane or just a tropical storm by the time he gets to your area.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-30-22, 04:24 PM  
sciencelady

I checked on Terri (another former Cronie) also and she's fine a bit out of the range of Ian's damage in Florida.
Old 09-30-22, 08:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. I'm back safe and sound without too much in the way of flight delays. I didn't get to see one of my nieces or her family because she and her son had COVID. Even though she was vaccinated and boosted and her son was too they were both feeling pretty sick. Her husband and daughter didn't get it.

I feel bad I didn't get to see you this trip, Laura.

Finally feel (mostly) on Pacific Time again. It always takes me a while to adjust to the change in time zones. When I finish this, I'm going to bed, even if it is only 7pm here.

I did workout this morning - Pahla B Body Shaping Day 4 Moderate Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Tried to read most of the posts I missed.

Thanks for getting in touch with Terri, Beth, and Lexy. I'd been thinking about them with Ian. Wish they'd join us again. Where Lexy is on Amelia Island was hard hit. I'm not clear about where Terri is in Florida.

Anita, good job getting your plants inside and preparing for winter. It's so nice Adelija keeps in touch, you gave her a good experience. Sorry you're missing Gus - I understand. Are you thinking of taking in a college student? You have more ambition than I to wash the outside of windows.

Vantreestra, well done getting back into exercise. Also, looking forward to hearing about all your Halloween decorations. That Ren Fest sounds like a crowded mess, but glad you were able to get some lotions and soaps.

Laura, hope you've battened down the hatches and are ready for heavy rain. It must be hard with whats going on with your MIL. I hope your DH is up to the long drive to WV.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk and putzing around. I did do the windows yesterday and noticed some window trim was getting twisted and warped (metal strip on top of the window) - I'll contact the window people (same as doing my skylight) Monday to have them take a look at it. Otherwise, just a nice gorgeous day - I'll be pulling my potted plants and putting the pots away for the winter - freezing temps due next week.

Paula, glad you're back! Sorry you didn't get to see Laura - I'm guessing she's traveling - hopefully not Ian effects where she is. Terri lives in Delray Beach, FL - sorry but no idea where that is relative to Ian's path. I won't be taking in a college student, but hope to host friends needing a place to stay in the Twin Cities this coming year - no idea how easy that will be when I move - they do have a guest room, but no idea how busy that will be. I think this weekend will be madness going to the Ren Fest - last weekend of the year!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-01-22, 02:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We are supposed to leave on Monday. We had the remnants of Ian yesterday. Thought we were going to make it through unscathed, but lost power around 8 pm. It has been fine but kinda tough. We’re currently at Mom and Dad’s (who have power, thank goodness) for lunch and to charge our devices.

Laura's Workout Mantras: