Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-29-22, 08:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen Yoga Pump - 20min.
Ellen Quick Core Fusion - 15min.
Fitbymik Upper Body with Dumbbells - 20min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHVyXstQVo

This was the first time I did Yoga Pump and I liked it a lot. I agree with you Donna, I wish it was longer. Quick Core Fusion is another one of my favorites and the combo of the two, worked well together. Then I added UB work by Mikala, who is my new favorite instructor. She's got a calm demeanor and is very pleasant to work out with.

Donna, I will be thinking of you on Monday. This is so heartbreaking but it's what we pet parents sometimes have to do. Hugs to you!

Carol, good to hear you got somewhat better news from your pulmonologist. I hope your final diagnosis will be better than the "working" one you got from your RA doctor.

I am planning to get the flu shot sometime mid-to-late October, and yes, it will be the "senior" shot for me too, Carol. My dh got his bivalent covid booster shot on Monday and he felt fine afterwards. My SiL got hers yesterday at the same time as the flu shot and she also feels fine. No side effects. I'm still undecided if I'll get the new bivalent omicron shot. I'm kinda tired of all this. I may change my mind but right now I'm leaning towards not getting it.

Our temps went down to 39F last night and I am loving it! Sunny and low 60s here today. I'm thinking of going for a nice walk outside sometime today.

Waves to all!
Old 09-29-22, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I finally did Ellen's new workout - Full Body Blast - it was 45 min - 15 min cardio, 15 min weights, 15 min stretch. She did jump right into the cardio - I could have used a few extra minutes of a warm-up, but I think it may not be a problem the 2nd time doing this as I'll be prepared.

Dana - those two - Yoga Pump and Quick Core Fusion would make a good combo! I was also thinking of mixing Yoga Pump w/ Barre Cardio. Fitbymik is now on my radar!

Carol - good job! I'll be interested in seeing Jessica's new calendars.

I am also a bit weary of these COVID vaccines - I will probably get it - but definitely dreading it b/c I'm almost positive I'm going to be sick the next day based on my experience with Shot # 2 and Booster # 1 (I never did get Booster # 2).

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 06:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was supposed to be a Hiit type workout on Jessica's calendar, but I am still avoiding those types of workouts. I had intended to do a walk, but got home late and then had a class last night. So I ended up doing

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Everyday Pilates

right before bed. This was a nice "everyday" workout and I was pleased to see that I could almost do a rollup, which would be real progress for me. I am going to stick with Jessica's stuff and lots of walking again in October - I honestly can't think of anything that would be better for my lungs than pilates, with its focus on breathing, and walking.

I will definitely get the CoVid booster - at my age, and with whatever I have going on with my lungs, plus all the immune system suppressing meds that I am on, I'd be crazy not to. Just not looking forward to it. So far, 2 of the 4 have knocked me on my butt.

Dana - I haven't done any of Mikala's workouts, but am subscribed to her channel. Her stuff looks good.

Donna - I guess Ellen thought she had to get with it because she could only spend 15 minutes on each segment.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a random one -

FitPrime Lower Body Burn - random observations - Once again, Anna proved herself to be ahead of her time - using the block between the legs for squats, etc. does help stabilize the hips and engage the inner thighs better! And, she ends her workouts w/ back extensions! Back in 2005 (!!) when these came out, I don't think these were common practices. The workout was also much harder than I remembered, back in 2005 I viewed these as "too easy" or "for a light day" and I probably used heavier weights and used weights when they didn't. Today I followed along - and in fact, modified some things that I know are bad for me (any type of pelvic tuck and crunch). I went w/ 3's for my weights. I did enjoy this one. We will see if I do the next one in the rotation, Lean, tomorrow...

Carol - good job getting something in. I'm eager to see what JV has posted for October! And yes, you are smart to get a booster - I feel like I'm at relatively low risk - particularly w/ working from home - but I will probably still get it - better to be miserable for a day then sick for a week.

Caroline Jordan's October calendar is focused on Hips. You have to join her Patreon to get it - it is $10. I may buy it - I definitely need to work on my hip strength and mobility. I think it is a huge contributor to any back pain I have. Plus my hips are so stiff from sitting so much all day.

Waves, Dana!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-30-22, 04:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Caroline Jordan's October calendar is focused on Hips. You have to join her Patreon to get it - it is $10. I may buy it - I definitely need to work on my hip strength and mobility. I think it is a huge contributor to any back pain I have. Plus my hips are so stiff from sitting so much all day.

Donna
Oh, I hope you do. I've been wondering what her monthly calendars look like.

Carol
Old 09-30-22, 07:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts:

Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout with a Step - 27 minutes & Open Your Heart Routine - 13 minutes

The indoor walking workout wasn't bad; I definitely was glistening when I finished. I used my 4 inch step topper and I think the next time I will use the 6 inch portion of the Fanny Lifter.

I didn't miss a single day this month exercising - not a one. Pretty good for me.

I have jury duty on Monday - sigh! I hope I am not one of the chosen few. I have work I need to be doing (and no one else can do it). The last time I got called I had to serve on the jury for the stupid dog bite case, which was really a family fight between the stepfather and step-kids after the mom had passed away. I suspect she cut the kids out and the dog bite lawsuit was their attempt to recoup some of the property. It was one that definitely should have been settled before trial.

Carol
Old 10-01-22, 09:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen Cardio Barre - 30min
Fitbymik Upper Body - 15min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC6nUOFOokk
Fitbymik 10min Booty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMr-xp7OXhg

Terrific combo today! I woke up early and was feeling tired for some reason, but I managed to do the workouts anyway. Can't say that I feel energetic now, but I'm so glad I got my workouts in. Love Mikala as an instructor!
Old 10-01-22, 01:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did another FitPrime - Lean....

Not much else to report, a rainy Saturday here.

Carol - I see that Jessica updated the "beginner" calendar and that her October calendar offers some beginner/advanced options for some of the days. I think this is a great change! I did join Caroline's patreon for this month - for $10 - not a bad deal. Her calendars are basically links to her You Tube workouts but they do include some Patreon specific videos as well. The calendar does look well balanced though. And you get access to previous calendars, so that is a perk too so you can go back and follow her other programs.

Still sort of on the fence about my workout plans for October. Jessica? Caroline? FitPrime? Other? I'll probably do some combo of all. LOL!

Dana - that is great that you got so much in.

I'm feeling a little tired today - probably the weather.

Donna
Old 10-01-22, 06:18 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Women Over Sixty - 30 minutes

Still warm and summery here - upper 80s and sunny today. It's been quite a while since we had any rain.

Carol
Old 10-02-22, 10:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm three for three - today was FitPrime Lean -this is probably the toughest of the FitPrime series. it is almost an hour long. Heidi Tanner leads it - she is/was such a great lead. I wonder what she went on to do fitness-wise after the FIRM/FitPrime/Kickbutt era?

Carol - good job, I want to try that workout from Jessica...soon! We are the opposite here, rainy, dreary, chilly....I think we are going to be overcast and cloudy/rainy for a few more days here.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Will probably just read and putter today.

Donna