Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-22, 10:26 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

Dana - You don't sound like an anti-social grouch, you sound like me!

Carol
Thank you!

The concert had just ended. They've actually started at 11:30am instead of 2pm and continued until 10pm non-stop. We live just across from the park and it's been really loud. Thankfully it's over now. Ugh.

I rented PBL Ulitmate Stretch for 30 days today and did her quads workout tonight. So tough!
Old 09-04-22, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sadly, most people would probably consider me as a borderline anti-social grouch...

I sent out a memo on Friday telling employees to review their paystubs monthly, paying specific attention to their PTO hours and any reductions for the month in their hours; that failure to do so and to then have 500 questions 6 months later would make me "cranky".

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 08:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sigh - it turns out my chest xray was abnormal, so now I understand why they are doing a second one in 2 weeks ...

I don't know in what way it was abnormal, but I'm assuming they saw something that explains what's going on.

Carol
Old 09-04-22, 09:37 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Sigh - it turns out my chest xray was abnormal, so now I understand why they are doing a second one in 2 weeks ...

I don't know in what way it was abnormal, but I'm assuming they saw something that explains what's going on.

Carol
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing serious. Sending good vibes your way.
Old 09-04-22, 03:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates Basics Workout - 25 minutes

Other than a grocery run, it's been a quiet day.

As for the chest X-ray abnormality, I had one done back in February when I first had this breathing problem and it came back normal, so whatever is going on, it hasn't been going on very long.

Carol
Old 09-05-22, 09:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Dynamic Cardio - 45min.

Not a favorite. The moves were almost exclusively lateral which didn't make my hips happy and frankly, I was bored with this class. I wanted to quit every 5 minutes but made myself finish to be able to take this class off my list.

I have to run some errands this morning but later I'll do PBL Hip Stretch because I know I'm going to need it after all these lateral moves. Lisa's Hip Stretch is fantastic and I'm looking forward to it.

Waves to all!
Old 09-05-22, 02:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Labor Day Workouts:

Jessica Valant Pilates - Lower Body Beginner Weights - Part One - 15 minutes & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

As expected, this was pretty basic weight work - squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups. Nothing tricky, but I still found it challenging since my fitness level has tanked in the last year or so.

The 5 Minute Full Body Stretch was a nice one, with some of my favorite stretches.

Dana - Lisa has some of my all time favorite stretch routines. That Just 5 Minutes More Stretch with the Band is absolute gold. I would love to be able to buy that one!

Carol
Old 09-06-22, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We were away for the long weekend - so no workouts...and, wow, is it hard to be back to reality today!

Anyway I couldn't face a 50 min strength session this morning on the L&S/S&C rotation, so I picked something else to get me moving and motivated:

Lucy Wyndham Read - Back on Track Challenge (her new challenge for Sept) Day # 1- which was a 20 min full body/cardio type workout. I also added on one of her 7 min cardio ab toning workouts.

Yoga w/ Kassandra -Gentle Yoga stretches

I will try to get some additional workouts/activity in throughout the day.

Carol - I hope there is nothing serious re: the chest xray - keep us posted.

Waves, Dana

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 05:45 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Outside Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Pilates Basics

I waited until late to walk because we had had a hot day (in the 90s). It wasn't too bad though at 7:30.

Donna I do not blame you - a 45 to 50 minute strength session would feel overwhelming after being off for the weekend.

Dana - I can get bored with some of Ellen's longer classes. Sometimes it seems like she repeats too many times.

Carol
Old 09-07-22, 07:42 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Michelle Biehler Low Impact Core Cardio w/Pilates floorwork - 40min. Terrific workout! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKojZRuO3c4

I started to do PBL Hamstrings stretch and could not stream it at all. I've been having issues again with Comcast and it appears that the trip to the Xfinity store for new equipment will be inevitable. I dread it. This company is not customer friendly and every interaction I've ever had with them was a problem from the beginning to the end.

Nice day here today and dh and I may go for a walk by the river. Well, I will walk and he'll sit on the bench. I don't have to work today so I can play all day.

Waves to all!