Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-04-22, 06:17 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Falling down on the check in

So glad that you ladies have kept it going.

Vantreesta: I don't know how or why I adjusted to Helen's opposite seasons so quickly, but I did. (and I thought myself very "cool" for knowing someone in Australia - just be careful if you pocket dial her ... the time difference is about 12-15 hours ... depending on the time of year. . . Don't ask me how I know!!!! And, I must add, I was not so good with time difference till Helen said: Just think of it as 12 hours - close enough. ) I'm sorry I can't join you and Lili in your love for Halloween. I'm not a fan. . . . Never have been. Probably because I'm not creative, don't like horror films/movies, or the macabre-ness of it all. I know it's not real. I dunno! It's me. Oh and this year? I've been CALLED FOR JURY DUTY on Halloween. How appropriate (for me!) I sure hope your dizzyness goes away. I suffer from Vertigo, so I can definitely relate.

Helen: Poor dh. But it sounds like he's sort of improving? Thanks for getting us started. Small steps! so true. I should remember that.

Lili: I think from the Aug. thread? But I missed that you're doing a race. When is it? I alwasy admire runners like you and Daphne who just decide and train and do those runs. I am a wanna be runner when I feel like it (and hasn't been the case in a couple of years.) !!!!!

Waves to anyone reading. On to my favorite subject:

ME, ME, ME:

9/1/2022: Power zone endurance ride (60 mins.) with CDE, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

9/2/2022: 3 hours Pickleball (delightful weather! great company - almost marked this as a rest day - but then remembered I played Pickleball. And YES! it counts. I just didn't do any bike ride!!!!)

9/3/2022: Power Zone ride 45 mins. Hip Hop with Denis, 30 minutes PZ ride with Matt, 5 mins. PR stretch

I'm back into a power zone challenge. I have to plan my weeks because this upcoming weekend is my Maine Lighthouse tour. I have to be sure to get all my rides done first and have enough energy next week to complete the week so as not to let my team down.

Then on Sept. 12th, a rowing challenge begins. Keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I'm not keen on hip hop, but I didn't really notice the music listening to denis's instructions and form pointers. Oh and his stories. He does manage to pick songs with a pretty decent driving beat too.

The new Power zone Pack website (where we check off the rides we have done) has revamped and changed. We used to be able to uncheck our rides (if we marked the wrong one), but they changed that feature. I had checked off CDE's ride (although there was the choice to do Matt's 60 mins. ride as well), but hadn't done it yet. Tried to UNcheck it and I couldn't. I checked with the admins and could do either and they would count but I decided to do CDE's since I had already checked it off. I'll get plenty of Matt during the challenge. Of that? I'm fairly certain!!!!

Ok, babbling on a Sunday morning. I am thoroughly enjoying the Holiday weekend (here in the USA). Make it a great day!

Here's to September and a good month.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 06:00 PM  
Helen

At work - only 3 weeks until the end of term - YAY!

Saturday = 2 hour walk with Alice, went to jump but feet too sore as did the walk in my docs, rather than joggers, and with thin socks. The front pads of my feet were very tender, so much so that after the warmup, I stopped.

Sunday = Cathe CTX Power Circuit on my own (what I'd started the day before, done in afternoon) + Cathe Shock Cardio Step Moves with Kathryn, in the evening.

CLEDA
I've realised I missed running, when I did a bit of loop-the-group with school walkers; so have since done a couple of couch runs. Both were done along the harbour path, and when walking with Alice on Saturday, when we hit that path, she was obviously looking to run.

Hip-Hop - there's a C25k set that's all Hip-Hop, and is my second to last choice - mostly due to the constant swearing

LILI
I had forgotten the race as well - keep us informed of your training and when it's imminent!!

VANNIE
Hope the vertigo has passed - it's SUCH a bad feeling!

DH bought steel shelves at the weekend for my empty pots to go onto in a corner of the yard, and braced himself for the pain when he picked up the flat-pack, and was delighted that it did NOT hurt! First MAJOR signs of getting better. The incident was a month ago now.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 08:21 PM  
Helen

At work - only 3 weeks until the end of term - YAY!

Saturday = 2 hour walk with Alice, went to jump but feet too sore as did the walk in my docs, rather than joggers, and with thin socks. The front pads of my feet were very tender, so much so that after the warmup, I stopped.

Sunday = Cathe CTX Power Circuit on my own (what I'd started the day before, done in afternoon) + Cathe Shock Cardio Step Moves with Kathryn, in the evening.

CLEDA
I've realised I missed running, when I did a bit of loop-the-group with school walkers; so have since done a couple of couch runs. Both were done along the harbour path, and when walking with Alice on Saturday, when we hit that path, she was obviously looking to run.

Hip-Hop - there's a C25k set that's all Hip-Hop, and is my second to last choice - mostly due to the constant swearing

LILI
I had forgotten the race as well - keep us informed of your training and when it's imminent!!

VANNIE
Hope the vertigo has passed - it's SUCH a bad feeling!

DH bought steel shelves at the weekend for my empty pots to go onto in a corner of the yard, and braced himself for the pain when he picked up the flat-pack, and was delighted that it did NOT hurt! First MAJOR signs of getting better. The incident was a month ago now.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-04-22, 09:29 PM  
Vantreesta

The dizziness is finally almost completely gone tonight, thanks. It's been a real bummer of a wknd stuck on the couch when the weather finally cooled off a little for a couple days. Back to 80s next week, I think. Anyway. I have had vertigo in the past, usually with nausea, but thankfully no nausea this time and it felt different somehow. I don't know. I get migraines sometimes and they suck but I'd rather one of those than lasting dizziness! I hope I will be able to do everything I want this week without a recurrence.

Cleda, the last boss I had was from Australia so the time difference clicked with me but not the opposite seasons. Neither of my grandmas liked Halloween either. But my mom, mother-in-law and I all loved it. They are both gone now and I have their Halloween decorations to include with what I had and it is comforting to me. Thankfully my family is tolerant with my obsessiveness over all things spooky, creepy and Halloween! I love horror movies too.

Helen, that's great that your DH could lift without pain! Hope he's still careful not to overdo it. I love hip hop but I buy the edited versions. I desperately want Kid Rock's newest CD but haven't been able to find it edited. I've listened to and my ears rang with the F word for hours after. I don't consider that enjoyable.

Lili, I had trail races picked out to do this year that I was so excited about but now I'm not doing them. I suppose maybe the one in November but probably not. I haven't been consistent with my running to be as prepared as I want. Also in PT we are working on my running form along with muscle imbalances and I was concerned that I would fatigue too much by the end of a hard hilly 10k trail race and fall back into bad habits. Hopefully I will be all shaped up to do them next year.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 06:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/4 - dog walk
Jessica's Wake Up and Walk, 2 Miles
10 Min. Beginners Yoga, Yoga w/ Adrienne
9/5 - 3.26 mile run, back on my old trail
dog walk

My race is in 3 weeks, but I haven't been training like I should. It's hard when I am only supposed to run 1 day/week (recommended by orthopedist because of the ever increasing arthritis in my knees). I should be doing some spinning and other endurance work, but I haven't. I signed up after turning 70 because I'm now in the last age group for most races.

Cleda - Don't put me in Daphne's category! That woman is a Runner! I do train for these things, but not like when I did half marathons. Good to see you back on the Power Zone challenge.

Helen - Good news about DH and lifting the shelving. Sounds like you have been very active!

Vantreesta - I do most of my running on trails in our state parks, but I think I've only done 1 trail race. It is frustrating to have your plans thwarted by your foot issues, but at least you are working on improving your form as a result. There will always be races, you will get to them when you are ready. I am always afraid of embarrassing myself by a poor performance at a race. I am getting more relaxed about them, but then again, I'm happy just to be running!
I don't like scary movies, but I like everything else about Halloween. The decorations are fun, there is no shopping or cooking (like Christmas) and you get to hand out candy! It's almost the perfect holiday. I do get judgey when kids don't put any effort into their costumes, especially the older ones.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-22, 06:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

As I have much to do before heading into work.

Helen: You hit the nail on the head. One of the reasons I hate hip hop is the language. And the moves they use on stage when doing it? But Now I just plain sound old! Maybe after my ride this weekend, I'll dabble again in running. Who knows? Autumn is on the way, so might be a good time to switch things up.

Waves to Vantreesta and Lili! and all those reading.

On to my favorite subject:

9/4/2022: 45 mins. Power Zone Ride w/Denis, 10 mins. Cool Down Ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. PRS with Denis, 5 mins. Core with Emma, 5 mins. Core (Deadbugs) with CDE

9/5/2022: 3 hours of pickleball
, 60 mins. Power Zone Endurance ride with Matt, 30 mins. Feel good Ride with Ally, 5 mins. PRS, 20 mins. total body stretch with Matty

I'm right on schedule with getting the necessary rides done for the challenge. Today will be a rest day (but might do a row) and tomorrow-Friday, I'll get a jump on next week's ride, still leaving me energy for my ride on Sat. Life is good.

Pickleball was excellent! a new group arrived and we asked them to mix in and we had a great time. Life is good.

My core is actually sorer today than it was yesterday, from the core workouts I did on Sunday. Go figure!

Make it a great day, gotta run.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-22, 05:44 PM  
Helen

quickie as morning at work
Monday = Cathe - ICE - Lower Body Blast
Tuesday - nothing. at. all. (and didn't the scales tell me about it this morning!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-07-22, 11:35 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/6 - Mindful Yoga w/ GHU
no dog walk due to rain

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-22, 05:44 PM  
Helen

Wednesday = 5km walk with school, set pace at 131 bpm with a PodRunner

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-08-22, 11:39 AM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the long wknd so Monday was just driving home. I decided to take it a little easy on the workouts this week just in deference to the dizziness over the wknd, so I haven't run or lifted weights so far this week and yesterday I didn't do anything but toe yoga and walks. I slept so much and so good over the wknd and then came home to barely sleep at all Monday night and only a little better each night since so yesterday I was feeling it and ended up taking a nap shortly after breakfast. When I woke up I ran the errands I had put off the day before and when I got home the baseball game had started so I didn't do much of anything yesterday. 12 innings in the first game, half hour break and then game 2 of the doubleheader. Hubby had had enough by the time the first game was over and went to the basement to watch Babylon 5. Amazingly he didn't make any comments about the mess and overabundance of craft/Halloween stuff all over down there!

Tue 9/6 124 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S7E6 Sunflower Meadow, TV) 1st time
15 minutes (from Sharona's Hill -DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN / VILLAINS WALKING WEIGHTLOSS WORKOUT || Hocus Pocus, Villains, Parade Songs, NBC, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from J. Reppel 10 Min. Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility | Follow Along, No Equipment | Back Pain Relief, YT)
21 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)

Lili, I really enjoy races but I run them, I don't race them. I'm actually glad I didn't start running till after my injury bc I tend to be competitive and it would have been hard to let that go after the injury if I had been a runner beforehand. So I set goals for myself for each race, trying to be realistic but also enough of a challenge. I won't place but I'm okay with that. I hope your race is fun!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote