Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-22, 04:01 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Some of livinleggings shorts about form are really good. I am sad to not be doing the challenge with you Sandy - like when the big kids finally let you play with them and then you get sick.

Sarah Beth I gave up on when she stopped posting for a while to get her paid site up. Kassandra is great but being a vidiot sometimes a new approach is good. I find myself knowing more of what my body needs and doing that rather than getting frustrated someone doesn't know.

If you have a dansique fitness 60 min workout that I should try, let me know. I feel like she's probably too dancy for me, but if I don't try her now... I'm using this injury as a time to do the things I don't normally do. And the timing for longer classes seems appropriate. Beth's training will start later in Oct and I'm really excited about it.
Kassandra is consistently good, but I guess I am ready for some fresh blood.

Sarah Beth posts infrequently, but I still like her classes.

I mainly do the 30 minute Dansique. The 45 minute ones I've done have the comment starts to drag, stick with 30 minute classes. I did like the relaxing 40 minute one I did in June: GENTLE PILATES | Full Body Workout For Lazy/Rest Days | Relax & Rejuvenate!
Old 09-10-22, 04:13 PM  
Vantreesta

The week was a bust for workouts. I got my orthotics yesterday and did a little shopping in them after. They felt totally fine but I did notice after I got home and took them off the big toe joints were a little achy. I'm not worried though since they're actually being made to work like they're supposed to so it seems normal to me that there would be some soreness. The pedorthist seemed surprised and impressed at my twice a day toe yoga.

I've painted some wood cutouts of haunted houses, a ghost, a jack-o'-lantern, and block type signs that say Boo and Eek in the last couple days. I just partially painted a Styrofoam skull, waiting for it to dry enough to do the rest of it. I have two more to do in different colors. Last night I finally started my Beetlejuice wreath but this morning it was obvious I didn't use enough tape to secure the pool noodle together so today I unwrapped all 65 yds of black chenille yarn and had hubby help me do a better tape job. This time I'm waiting till at least tonight to make sure it's gonna hold before I wrap it again.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-22, 10:17 PM  
Vantreesta

We went to the Ren Fest again today, met our friends there. Up at 5:50 to walk Cyric and get ready then over 12k steps from about 8:30-3:15ish. It was a lot of fun. Always good to see our friends but hubby and I also really enjoy visiting with the vendor friends we've made over the years as well.

Hoping I can be diligent and manage my time better this week as I need to clean and want to workout and decorate and keep working on crafts. Tall order for a girl who sees shiny things at every turn!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-14-22, 07:16 AM  
buffmama

Picked a feel good class of Dansique to start with. Pros: I like her sequencing, lots of back work, controlled pace, different from most of my other classes. I will try another but find her a bit annoying. She calls me friend. Kait Coats calls me friend and I think being her friend would be good. She seems to have a good sense of humor as she tells me to smile while she's killing me and wearing lipstick. I will not be calling people friend.
Old 09-14-22, 03:37 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Picked a feel good class of Dansique to start with. Pros: I like her sequencing, lots of back work, controlled pace, different from most of my other classes. I will try another but find her a bit annoying. She calls me friend. Kait Coats calls me friend and I think being her friend would be good. She seems to have a good sense of humor as she tells me to smile while she's killing me and wearing lipstick. I will not be calling people friend.
I can see how Desirée could be annoying. She is a bit over the top, but she honestly doesn't bother me. I agree with your pros. Maybe try a half hour class. Those are the ones I do.
Old 09-16-22, 01:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a quick pop in while I take a break from Halloween-ing to eat lunch. It's kind of been a slow start and much delayed bc I was doing the crafts (which I had procrastinated on for fear of messing it up) but I am finally building a village! And much more!

Had PT on Wednesday. She is ramping up my exercises so it will feel more like a workout. Yay! She wants to burn out my glutes and have me sore the next day. Well, I haven't had glute DOMS from that session but my quads and hamstrings are still sore & we didn't even do all the sets and reps!

Busy wknd so I don't know if I'll post again till next week.

Old 09-19-22, 07:04 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Are you adding to your decorations or starting over?

Sandy - I have 2 of Caroline's upper body workouts from Iron on my playlist. I'm working up to them. .

I can stand without pain so a few 2 legged BW moves are OK. At least that can get me a little bit off my mat. I should use my ball for planks and pike but haven't been.
Old 09-19-22, 09:06 AM  
SandyO

Good progress on the rehab, Vannie.

I hope your foot is better soon, buff. I loved every one of the 10 day 10 minute challenge. On to Liv's 21 day 20 minute challenge.
Old 09-20-22, 10:35 AM  
Vantreesta

Saturday we drove 2 1/2 hours away to meet my FIL for a flea market and tractor show. Had a nice day even though we forgot to sunscreen and got a little burned. Sunday I went with my friend and her kids to the Ren Fest again. I finally found just the right brown skirt that I have been wanting. Plus, you know, more pretty things I had to buy. Yesterday was all village building, which I think I have done. Today will be all the other things I can put up. The cemetery has to wait a llittle bc hubby will need to mow still. He took half of his comp day yesterday so he was home being amused by my obsession and shaking his head at me. At least I made him smile!

Supposed to be near 90 today then mid-60s tmrw. I am ready for those 60s for sure!

I feel like I have not answered some questions but I don't remember for sure what check in they were in. I think someone asked if I read horror as well. If so, the answer is yes. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are my favorite authors, but I also read murder mysteries. I also listen to horror podcasts. I know someone also asked in one of my check ins if I am adding decorations or starting over. Definitely adding to what I already have! I have to now get creative with storage space.

Okay, I told myself I had 10 min to drink my coffee and it has now been almost 15 so I better run!

Old 09-21-22, 08:33 AM  
buffmama

My paper is done!!! My paper is done!!! My last paper for my class is done!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up at 4:30 and finished it up. Worked out, eating chocolate cake and brewing coffee. Time to plan fun stuff! Read trashy books. The list is endless.

And danielpt fitness got hacked and his workouts are no longer on YouTube.