Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-22, 08:37 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Impatiently awaiting a response from Trifecta to get information on her upcoming teacher training.
I submitted my query another way and got some information. I have a time to speak with Beth Tuesday and hope to get even more.
Old 09-03-22, 02:50 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm sidelined today. Woke up dizzy and still am. I was awake a couple hours then took a 2-hour nap. Trying to hydrate but it's not easy to drink lying down!

Buff, glad your request has been acknowledged. Hope you get the info you're looking for!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 07:36 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
I submitted my query another way and got some information. I have a time to speak with Beth Tuesday and hope to get even more.
Are you looking to improve your technique for you or also to teach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm sidelined today. Woke up dizzy and still am. I was awake a couple hours then took a 2-hour nap. Trying to hydrate but it's not easy to drink lying down!
I hope today is better. The temps surely are to your liking.

All about me:
I tried a new to me yoga lady at youtube's suggestion: Livinleggings. The audio production of the ones I did was off (super quiet then loud mic crackles), but these were from a while ago, so I'm assuming she's improved. The class flows were excellent with little variations on poses to make it interesting. She gives great instruction.

I see she has a 10 minute 10 day challenge and a 20 minute 21 day challenge, so I am thinking of pairing these 31 classes with the 30 days of IRON. I am planning Wed and Sat as off days when I want to head over to Northwest or Lowes Creek to walk/run.

My next 6 weeks are planned.
Old 09-04-22, 10:03 PM  
Vantreesta

The dizziness is finally almost completely gone tonight, thanks. It's been a real bummer of a wknd stuck on the couch when the weather finally cooled off a little for a couple days. Back to 80s next week, I think. Anyway. I have had vertigo in the past, usually with nausea, but thankfully no nausea this time and it felt different somehow. I don't know. I get migraines sometimes and they suck but I'd rather one of those than lasting dizziness! I hope I will be able to do everything I want this week without a recurrence.

Sandy, I found that channel a few weeks ago but I don't remember if I've tried any workouts yet. I was searching for smthg. Thanks for your thoughts on them.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-05-22, 07:54 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Glad the dizziness has resolved. Hope you get to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sandy - I am joining you on the 10 day yoga challenge. She also popped up on my feed and I've listened to more than one of her shorts on YouTube. Looks like MrandMrsMuscle's guided series is progressive and I did the long workouts which come at the end of the program first. Oh well. I did push ups today instead of chest presses and increased some of the reps.

I want to be pilates certified to teach. Beth's program is 6 months so the pace is more realistic than most, cost is comparable, and I think it will work great with the course I took from Pam as I will be able to provide different services to people regardless of what brought them to me. Hopefully between the 2 programs I will get some downtime in nature.
Old 09-06-22, 08:32 AM  
buffmama

Looks like I'll be doing pilates workouts for a while. I jammed my toe while barefoot on concrete yesterday and it's not pretty. Makes me want to cry but I'm trying not too. So all those long practices I've been saving will get done with upper body work mixed in. Not the worst time to be doing more pilates. But augh. Caroline Jordan are you back in my life?
Old 09-06-22, 10:07 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Looks like I'll be doing pilates workouts for a while. I jammed my toe while barefoot on concrete yesterday and it's not pretty. Makes me want to cry but I'm trying not too. So all those long practices I've been saving will get done with upper body work mixed in. Not the worst time to be doing more pilates. But augh. Caroline Jordan are you back in my life?
Caroline J has a lot of "hurt foot" workouts that are really effective. Heal quickly.

I guess you won't be doing the yoga challenge with me. 2 days down, 2 classes loved.
Old 09-08-22, 07:59 AM  
SandyO

I am really loving Livinleggings. Some instructors force "creative" moves that really don't work (Barlates), but Liv's flows are creative elegance. I am even doing her longer classes on my rest days from IRON instead of doing Kassandra or Sarah Beth. How dare I?
Old 09-08-22, 10:17 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I am really loving Livinleggings. Some instructors force "creative" moves that really don't work (Barlates), but Liv's flows are creative elegance. I am even doing her longer classes on my rest days from IRON instead of doing Kassandra or Sarah Beth. How dare I?
Some of livinleggings shorts about form are really good. I am sad to not be doing the challenge with you Sandy - like when the big kids finally let you play with them and then you get sick.

Sarah Beth I gave up on when she stopped posting for a while to get her paid site up. Kassandra is great but being a vidiot sometimes a new approach is good. I find myself knowing more of what my body needs and doing that rather than getting frustrated someone doesn't know.

If you have a dansique fitness 60 min workout that I should try, let me know. I feel like she's probably too dancy for me, but if I don't try her now... I'm using this injury as a time to do the things I don't normally do. And the timing for longer classes seems appropriate. Beth's training will start later in Oct and I'm really excited about it.
Old 09-08-22, 11:43 AM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the long wknd so Monday was just driving home. I decided to take it a little easy on the workouts this week just in deference to the dizziness over the wknd, so I haven't run or lifted weights so far this week and yesterday I didn't do anything but toe yoga and walks. I slept so much and so good over the wknd and then came home to barely sleep at all Monday night and only a little better each night since so yesterday I was feeling it and ended up taking a nap shortly after breakfast. When I woke up I ran the errands I had put off the day before and when I got home the baseball game had started so I didn't do much of anything yesterday. 12 innings in the first game, half hour break and then game 2 of the doubleheader. Hubby had had enough by the time the first game was over and went to the basement to watch Babylon 5. Amazingly he didn't make any comments about the mess and overabundance of craft/Halloween stuff all over down there!

Buff, sorry about your jammed toe! Good for you for working around it and trying out different workouts to accommodate. I hope it heals quickly!