Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-22, 06:56 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was in a weird mood today so I just did an old Jessica kickboxing workout I found on youtube, lol. Yesterday was a rest day, but I did some decluttering.

Regarding shoveling, a friend sent me this article that says there's an age limit when you should stop shoveling snow. I'm well past the age in the article, so I'm happy to be fully retired from that! Having someone do it is not cheap though, but I've been living here 10 years and always did it myself or had relatives help so I saved money all those years so it's ok if I spend on it now. I don't plan to live here more than another 18 months or so.

Donna, I still don't understand the push to force people back to an office either. You're lucky your job isn't making you do that. I'm hoping my request to only go in one day a week will be approved, but I won't know that until April, most likely.

Pam, I was shoveling snow one time a few years ago and actually tore one of the muscles in the rotator cuff and was lucky I was able to avoid surgery. I was being very careful after that, but I'm 55 now and don't want to push my luck anymore.

Sherry, I know what you mean about scheduling. I feel like whenever I get on a good workout schedule, something messes it up, lol.

Waves to Liz!
Old 01-10-22, 07:05 PM  
Leonana

Today was Silver and Fit Advanced Strength with Penny 12.31.21. I liked it, it had three sets of 2 or 3 exercises, each set done twice. In between the sets, she had some low impact cardio, which I liked for variety.

I planned on a longer workout on Mondays, but didn’t fit it in before doing my volunteer filing. Unfortunately, the person I help was out sick, so I didn’t have much to do. She was tested, and was negative, so that’s good. I’ll go in again on my regular day on Thursday to help her. No workout tomorrow, I’m going to Payson for the day to spend with my friends for their granddaughter’s birthday. Dh has to work, so just me, but I’ll be coming back late afternoon. It’s a two hour trip.

Donna, best laid plans is right ha ha. I guess I’ll do my push workout on Wednesday, and wait two days and so a lighter strength on Saturday.

Pam, I hadn’t done too many of Jessica’s 30 minute yogas, so it was nice to try them again. I’ll have to try Cee’s workouts soon. I wish she included the warmup in the video, but I guess it’s not a big inconvenience.

wishiwasinhawaii, kickboxing sounds good, I haven’t done that in awhile. Yikes, I’m glad your rotator cuff healed well.
Old 01-11-22, 01:01 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I finally made it back to San Diego over the weekend. I left on Friday when there was a snow storm so my flight out of Boston got delayed 4 hours. I didn't really mind, since I was so happy to finally be going home. I had lots to read plus my computer and my phone, so I had plenty of ways to entertain myself!

So back to work today (working from home) and I wanted to ease back into workouts so I did a strength workout from Pahla B. It felt good to lift some light weights. I walked almost every day while I was away, but it didn't feel too challenging. I am reviewing different YouTube channels and some of Jessica's rotations but I haven't decided on a rotation or instructor to focus on yet. I think I'll just do whatever I feel like for a while.

Glad to be back!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I added on Jessica Valent's 15 min beginner workout for lower body. It was a very basic routine - squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups - 10-12 reps, repeated 2X.

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Fun Walk w/ Light Weights (1/7/22 upload) & Daily Stretch

I hope to fit in something else today.

Liz - Welcome home!! I hear you on just going with the flow, I just don't feel like I want to follow a strict rotation right now. I have a general idea about what I want to do - but I don't want to have a pre-programmed plan for each day - maybe once I get this home improvement stuff out of the way!

Sherry - enjoy your day trip!

wishiwasinhawaii - I think it is wise to throw in the shovel! I hope you don't have to go in more than 1X per week.

Waves, everyone!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:40 PM  
Leonana

Well, best laid plans! I canceled my day trip. I came down with a cold in the middle of the night. Very scratchy throat, congested nose, but also runny. Some light sneezing. Had to take Nyquil to sleep. I'm better today, but slightly congested with a light headache. I thought maybe it was allergies, but it felt more severe than allergies. Dh had a headache yesterday and some congestion, and it seems like he had a cold. He rarely gets headaches. But his colds last only a day and he's fine. He has the strongest immune system I've ever seen. OTH, my allergies have been worse this year. Better safe than sorry though, I don't want to get worse.

Of course, I don't know if it's Covid, so I'm staying home. I've heard another cold is going around. I don't have an in home test, and am wondering about getting one. I don't want to go to the store. I guess I should order some to have them on hand.

So no workouts either. I shouldn't have made a tentative schedule, lol.

And my darn tooth is still a little sore when I chew on it. I'm pretty sure the crown is too high and needs adjusting. Another thing to take care of!

Liz, I'm glad you made it home safely. It's always good to be back home. I guess the weather feels pretty mild. Our cold weather has eased up, high is 71 today.

Donna, the Lively Ladies workout does sound fun. Too many good workouts lately, I'm spoiled for choice!
Old 01-11-22, 03:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello Ladies,

Today was my cardio (treadmill) day! That's all so far! My arms are still sore from yesterdays strength workout.

Sherry, I miss the day trips that DH and I used to take around Arizona. It was nice to get out of the city when we could, but most of the time we were both working (and I worked weekends and nights) plus we both went to school, too! Sorry you caught another cold. I remember last year we were both sick around the same time.

Liz, welcome back to San Diego (and your own bed!) I bet you were exhausted when you returned, as I always am. Especially a long flight like you had. I know very well how that is.

Donna, I will have to check out lively ladies at some point. I've seen them on YT but still haven't tried a workout of theirs yet. They seem like fun ladies!

wishiwasinhawaii, I am so stubborn when it comes to shoveling and like the walks to look meticulous. I'm way past the age the article recommended, but I think it also depends on whether someone is physically able to do the work. My DH who sits at a PC all day, shouldn't be shoveling.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 11:30 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I did another Pahla B today after work. This one was cardio/strength. I like to plug her in since I know what to expect and what's not to like about 20 minutes?

In other news, I counted up all my workouts from last year (I put a sticker on my calendar for each day I workout) and I came up with 180. This is the first year I have counted, so I have no idea if that is good or bad. I had a couple of months when I went way off track and did almost no workouts. I also didn't count my long dog walks on the weekends. I'm calling it a win. I'm sure if you guys counted your workouts you would all be well over 300! But I want to say that I appreciate all the motivation and inspiration you all provide in addition to all the workout suggestions! Thank you! (apologies for getting corny!)

Sherry, I hope you feel better. You are smart to lay low and rest up!

Donna, having home improvement projects ongoing is very disruptive! For me, half the battle is finding someone I feel good about to do the work.

wishiwasinhawaii, you are smart to give up the shoveling. I read that article and I am waaay over the age limit! Thank goodness!

Pam, enjoy the treadmill! Do you watch videos while you walk? I always thought that would be a good way to have the time pass.

Waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 04:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee 40-4-40 (workout four!)

Hi Ladies,

Another great workout with "Cee" or Cheryl today! I like that she always makes sure to work the triceps (a much needed area) for women.

Liz, now you've got me wondering what my workout log looked like for last year! I know there were a couple months in there where I did nothing, also. Yep, I'm currently watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix while on the treadmill which is about 40 minutes once all commercials are cut.

Have good day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This week is turning out to be stressful - we have the on-going home repairs and a busy time at work - ugh.

I think I forgot to check in yesterday, so let's see if I can remember what I did:

- Jessica Smith - 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit Walk
- Jessica Valent - Beginners Weight Workout - Upper Body
- Yoga w/ Kassandra - Wed Morning Yoga - Twists (this is part of her 7 day Morning Yoga and Meditation Series - I admit that I skip the meditation - too fidgety in the morning - I should try to do it in the evening - it is only 5 minutes....)

Today has been:

- Jessica Valent - All Level HIIT - she recommended doing this 2X today but I don't like repeating workouts like that and I also felt it would be overkill on the lunges and squats

- Caroline Jordan - Good Digestion Cardio Workout - I thought this would be a good sub and HIIT-ish and it was - with different exercises.

- Yoga w/ Kassandra - Thursday Morning Yoga for Balance

Whew.

My DD is probably going to switch to Community College for next semester - she ultimately wants to transfer to U of Maryland and study Animal Science and she is worried that the classes she is taking at her small liberal arts college will not transfer well. Whereas the community college classes will transfer, in fact, they have a cheat sheet that shows you what each class is equivalent too in a state university....but, upheaval - and drama - mostly mine, LOL! Sorry to go on - I hope things settle. I am really enjoying Kassandra and am thinking about re-subscribing.

Pam - I think I may start using my TM and Bike more in the coming weeks as cardio options. I also have to try Cee!

Liz - that is a great # of workouts!! I miss Pahla but there was something in her workouts that tweaked my back - of course I want to try her again at some point....I swapped office chairs and I think this one is better, so maybe it was my chair and not Pahla..but I just like her short workouts and personality.

Sherry - how are you feeling?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 01:31 PM  
Leonana

Still battling the cold. I felt almost normal yesterday but am more congested today. I probably over did it yesterday with housework and laundry. But fortunately, it’s milder than what I had last fall. No cough thankfully, and crossing my fingers it stays that way! I’m low energy with a scratchy throat.

Pam, I enjoy day trips too. But I hear you on lack of time. Dh usually is working or tired from work, so we don’t go often.

Liz, that’s a good amount of workouts. I’d have to count in last year’s thread!

wishiwasinhawaii, I see the snow shovel age is 45. I’m long past that!

Donna, still have the cold but thanks for asking. I think that sounds like a good plan for your dd, but I can see how the change can throw you for a loop.

Tags
tablet