Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-22, 03:32 PM  
MARIKA

Lift More!

I just finished week 1 and I LOVE it. Did I notice that Ingrid Romano was one of the exercisers?
Old 09-30-22, 06:03 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Yes! I had to look her up after the first workout she was a backgrounder in because she seemed familiar! It’s Ingrid Romero that did Edge Booty and Edge Booty Extreme. I wonder if she’ll ever do a Beachbody program of her own?

I’m starting Week 8 of LIIFT More next week. I’ve really enjoyed it but I like the workouts with burnouts instead of the HIIT. But if you’ve done Cathe HIIT, Joel’s isn’t as hard, lol.

If you signed up for BODi (Beachbody Interactive that’s another add-on to BOD), Joel did a LIIFT More Week that just ended today. I’m going to do that after I finish up.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 11:39 AM  
pharma_gal

Where is the link to get this program?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 02:49 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Where is the link to get this program?
You’d need to subscribe to Beachbody On Demand and then pay the extra early-access fee for this program. Here’s a link: https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/pr...me=JoelFreeman

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 03:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Yes! I had to look her up after the first workout she was a backgrounder in because she seemed familiar! It’s Ingrid Romero that did Edge Booty and Edge Booty Extreme. I wonder if she’ll ever do a Beachbody program of her own?

I’m starting Week 8 of LIIFT More next week. I’ve really enjoyed it but I like the workouts with burnouts instead of the HIIT. But if you’ve done Cathe HIIT, Joel’s isn’t as hard, lol.

If you signed up for BODi (Beachbody Interactive that’s another add-on to BOD), Joel did a LIIFT More Week that just ended today. I’m going to do that after I finish up.
I keep going back and forth on signing up for bodi. Is it worth it?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 06:21 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I keep going back and forth on signing up for bodi. Is it worth it?
They reduced the price to $60 per year if you sign up for it with BOD. It was $19.95 per month before and not worth that much, IMO. I signed up for it last month and my cost was prorated since I had renewed my subscription to BOD in February. So it cost $119 more but my renewal isn’t for a year.

There’s more workouts to choose from now since they film every week. I like the variety and they did a LlIFT More Week and Autumn is planning on three weeks of additional Obsession workouts.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 10-02-22, 12:56 PM  
pharma_gal

Are there breakdowns if the workouts anywhere?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 03:02 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I found this link that does a good job of describing the program and shows the calendar:

https://thefitnessfocus.com/workouts/liift-more-review

Phase 1:
Quad sets (4 exercises/3 sets/12 reps) - there are two quad sets (total of 8 exercises for the workout) + either two HIIT exercises or two burnout exercises + two ab exercises.

Super sets (2 exercises/3 sets/12 reps) there are four supersets (total of 8 exercises for the workout) + either two HIIT exercises or two burnout exercises + two ab exercises.

Phase 2:
Tri-sets (3 exercises/3 sets/12 reps) - there are three tri-sets (total of 9 exercises for the workout) + either two HIIT exercises or three burnout exercises + two ab exercises.

Super sets (2 exercises/3 sets/12 reps) there are four supersets (total of 8 exercises for the workout) + either two HIIT exercises or three burnout exercises + two ab exercises.

Every workout has a short warm up and cool down stretch. They all run 38-45 minutes long. Every set of weight exercises are 12 reps for 3 sets but all the burnouts/HIIT/ab exercises are 45 seconds long.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
bbod, bodi, liift more