Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-22, 09:22 AM  
firmiewannabe

Firm BSS1 is 20 years old??!!

This week I've been enjoying an assortment of Firm workouts. One that I really enjoyed was the Firm BSS1 Cardio Sculpt with Allie! After the workout, I thought it has really held up well and was curious about the date it was released...I looked and saw 2002??? How is that possible??!! 20 years old!

I recall when I first began using Firm dvds was when they had informercials promoting this brand new series the Body Sculpting System with fanny lifter! Those were the days when I thought the "Classics" were old and now I realize these Firms are 2 decades old! Oldies but goodies!!!

Anyone else enjoying their FIRM dvds? Remember the informercials? All the excitement that they caused when a new BSS set was released?
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 09:48 AM  
kat999

Still do the FIRM on the regular, including BSS1 and things both older and newer. I think I'm a little unusual in liking the very old classic FIRMs from the '80s and '90s just as much as the Good Times "gadget" eras and the Gaiam "pink" eras, plus the Wave and the ZIP Trainer and FIRM Express. I even subscribed to Fit Fusion just to get the BeMax workouts (which are not technically the FIRM but include many of the Gaiam-era instructors together).

Anytime I'm on a plateau or need to get back into better shape, almost nothing does it for me like a combination of the FIRM, FIRM instructors' other projects (like Tracie Long), and things that are very similar to the FIRM like Jari Love. AWT helps me avoid boredom like nothing else, longer workouts at a more moderate intensity are also my jam, and I feel like they're much easier to modify up or down depending on where you are in your fitness level.
Old 09-28-22, 09:52 AM  
alisoncooks

That set was one of my first big fitness purchases. I still have my original Fanny Lifter. I saw one for sale on FB Marketplace recently, and almost bought it to have a spare. Lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 01:53 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I still use Body Sculpt, especially the lower body section on a regular basis. It gets a lot done in a short amount of time.
Old 09-28-22, 03:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Good milestone thread! it looks like BSS1's birthday was around Feb 2002.
They are still relevant and timeless imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
That set was one of my first big fitness purchases. I still have my original Fanny Lifter. I saw one for sale on FB Marketplace recently, and almost bought it to have a spare. Lol.
BSS1 was also one of my first big purchases, and I bought it from QVC I think (or was it HSN?).

coincidence: i saw a Firm TF on FB marketplace and stared at the rubber feet! all the feet were present in that listing photo! i also had a fleeting thought of getting it as a "rescue" (as in pets) but i have difficulty storing the one I already own.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 03:59 PM  
moonbeam31

I loved the infomercials, bought all the systems from BSS1 thru The Wave. Best shape of my life.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-22, 05:59 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I foolishly gave my FL away thinking I didn't need it. Big mistake. I keep looking at 2nd hand places, but so far, no luck.
Old 09-29-22, 05:20 AM  
Carol K

I still do all the FIRMs, beginning with the first one from 1986. I did Super Cardio Sculpt (an add-on to the BSS1) on Tuesday.
Old 09-29-22, 07:44 AM  
DawnMarie

I remember writing a check and sendng away for a pre order of the classics. Then waiting patiently for them to arrive. No idea on when they shipped, etc.. Oh, the glory days. I have recently been revisiting my Firms and doing a rotation called Falling Out Of Fat, started on the first day of fall. I do appreciate knowing how long my workouts will be in the morning, a moderate pace, and a day full of energy. Honestly, I enjoy the older workouts, they bring about a sense of nostalgia, maybe some goofiness, and I have no doubt thay would still produce results.....results that you can see....
Old 09-30-22, 12:32 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarie View Post
doing a rotation called Falling Out Of Fat, started on the first day of fall.
THAT IS SO CUTE!

Tags
bss1, firm, the firm