Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-21, 05:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm starting a list so I can keep track of 20 different yoga instructors/workouts!

Day 1 Patricia Walden AM and PM Yoga (PM Yoga.) Lilias Folan AM and PM Yoga for Seniors (PM Yoga.)
Day 2 Trudie Styler Yoga for Weight Loss (Bonus AM workout, Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss, Chair Yoga.)
Day 3 Mandy Ingber Yogalosophy (Express Yogalosophy.) Jennifer Aniston’s yoga instructor.
Day 4 Alanna Zabel Element Beginner Level Yoga (for Toning, Flexibility and Stress Release.)
Day 5 Ashley Turner Element Yoga for Weight Loss
Day 6 Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga (Yoga Fit and Yoga Sculpt.) Yoga Sculpt uses light weights.
Day 7 Shiva Rea Core Yoga (Water Core, Creative Core Lower, Creative Core Upper.) Angie Stewart 10 Minute Solutions Yoga for Beginners (Yoga Core.)
Day 8 Patty YogaWorks for Everybody (Beginner Basics) as well as the PM Practice (Relax and Restore.)
Day 9 Matt Giordano Hot Body Yoga!
Day 10 Billy YogaWorks AM Wake-Up, Kate Potter Namaste: The 5 Elements of Yoga (Pitta Practice 2x.)
Day 11 Mia Togo Element Daily Yoga (Morning) and Suzanne Deason's AM & PM Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss (AM Practice.)
Day 12 Janice Lennard Yoga (60 minutes.) Dean Pohlman Yoga Charge (Recharge PM Practice.)
Day 13 Kassandra Reinhardt Bedtime Yoga (YouTube.)
Day 14 Kent Katich Yoga for Flexibility with Kevin Love (Progressive Warm-up) and (Deep Stretch and Restore.)
Day 15 Kathi Ross-Nash Prevention Easy Healing Stretches (Feet and Calves.) Kimberly Fowler Prevention Flat Belly Yoga (Express workout.)
Day 16 Barbara Benagh Yoga for Back Care (General Back Care) 40 minutes.
Day 17 Molly Fox Skinny Jeans (Deep Flow Yoga) 40 minute workout.
Day 18 Nadia Narain Chair Yoga (Session one) and Sara Ivanhoe On the Ball Yoga.
Day 19 Shelly McDonald Caribbean Workout (Stretch into Yoga) Basic Yoga.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 10:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thanks for joining in! I feel like I'm being enable though. Some of those workouts look tempting :-)
I just went through my spreadsheet pasting workouts that looked like they'd work and it turns out I haven't done most if them so that worked out well! Thanks for starting this challenge!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 12:58 PM  
Kitten

Day 9 (Wow already??) 10MS fitness ball Dustbunny

I bought this waaaaay back when Collage was going out of business. I think I did it once. Maybe.

I tried the core and flexibility sections today.

Pros: Kimberly. I love her. There is back work included in the core work. The flexibility work isn't the same old same old.

Cons: if I had to nitpick, the flexibility is mostly lower body.

I don't know how often I'll reach for this, but it's staying.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:06 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 9 (July 19, 2021) not virgin DVD, but virgin workout

20__ * (Billy Blanks)
Billy's Boot Camp Platinum Collection (contains 4 full workouts, and I've done 3 of them in the past year).
Boot Camp Cardio Sculpt (w/ 3lb dumbbells)

Some of the moves with weights were way too fast for me, so I did the moves at half-speed. I have several Tae Bo workouts, but this is the first time I've done a Tae Bo workout using lightweight dumbbells. I look forward to doing this workout again, now that I know how to modify.

* year unknown
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Just getting started!

Day 1 - Lucy Wyndham-Read 10,000 Steps Walking Workout.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 06:34 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Day 9 (Wow already??) 10MS fitness ball Dustbunny

I bought this waaaaay back when Collage was going out of business. I think I did it once. Maybe.

I tried the core and flexibility sections today.

Pros: Kimberly. I love her. There is back work included in the core work. The flexibility work isn't the same old same old.

Cons: if I had to nitpick, the flexibility is mostly lower body.

I don't know how often I'll reach for this, but it's staying.
I almost did this one today! Will definitely do it before the challenge is over.

Day 8

Liz Hilliard: Hilliard Studio Method Total Body Sculpt

I enjoyed this workout (received in a VF trade) very much even though I had to take little breaks and used lighter weights. It’s one I can grow into. Definitely a keeper.
Old 07-19-21, 07:39 PM  
bubbles76

Day 8 - Jeanette Jenkins Ultra Bootcamp (the one with Team Fonda). I only did about half, because today is a cardio day. About 34 minutes is cardio, and then another 22 minutes is toning with weights and abs. I did the cardio and ab work, plus stretch. I liked what I did. It seemed like a mix of Jeanette's favorite moves. Lots of kickbox stuff and basketball drills, plus some pushups, side planks, skiers, and burpees (not in that order). I viewed the toning while fast forwarding and it looked like she hit all the bases. I know it was low weight, high rep.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 09:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 8

I did YogaWorks for Everybody (Beginner Basics) as well as the PM Practice (Relax and Restore.) The instructor introduces herself as Patty, but I'm not familiar with her. She was okay. She may have been a bit nervous in front of the camera, at first.
The longer 45 minute Beginner Basics class was new to me, but I might have done the PM class before...and never again....until tonight! Another instructor who talks too much, when you're trying to unwind.

I "googled" YogaWorks and they had a number of yoga studios pre-Covid 19, but in Sept. 2020 they closed their doors, after filing for Chapter 11. Under new ownership, some of the studios are opening up again and they have a Facebook presence. I still can't locate the elusive "Patty."

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Day 2, Lee Holden Qigong for Healthy Digestion

This is fun! Good idea to get out of the rut.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 01:48 PM  
Kitten

Day 10 dustbunny

Ballet Boot Camp 2

I had this on the share the wealth thread last month, no takers. So, I decided to give the ab section a try - I remember liking it back in the day.
It's really nothing special. Not worth holding on to the dvd. There is a short core segment, I'll try that before deciding whether or not to put it in the donation pile.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins