Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-20, 05:38 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
I just finished Season 1 of Keeping Faith earlier in the week. I thought it was very good. It's a Welsh thriller with Welsh accents (I always use subtitles). I read that the cast just wrapped up Season 3.

(Amazon Prime Video is streaming Keeping Faith Season 1 until September 30, 2020.)
I also just watched Season 1 and really enjoyed it!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 05:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I don't suppose it's Emmy quality, but I've been binge watching The Good Witch on Netflix. Small town, everyone helping each other, always a happy ending, the main character always fixes everything for everyone - I guess it's what I need right now. It makes me feel calm and happy.
A couple of months ago, I saw an interview with James Denton, the male lead on the show, and they were talking about the fact that this show is really popular in the streaming world. I've always enjoyed that show. It's good that you found it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 06:38 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
I don't suppose it's Emmy quality, but I've been binge watching The Good Witch on Netflix. Small town, everyone helping each other, always a happy ending, the main character always fixes everything for everyone - I guess it's what I need right now. It makes me feel calm and happy.
Sounds right up my alley! Thanks for posting about it!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 11:42 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
A couple of months ago, I saw an interview with James Denton, the male lead on the show, and they were talking about the fact that this show is really popular in the streaming world. I've always enjoyed that show. It's good that you found it.
The interview sounds interesting, thanks for mentioning it. I looked the show up the other day on Wiki. Apparently, it's the Hallmark Channel's most viewed show. It gives it an edge over other channels on the day it airs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Sounds right up my alley! Thanks for posting about it!
You're welcome! There were quite a few movies during the 90's on the Hallmark Channel. The series continues the storyline. I did read a synopsis of the plots of the movies on Wiki, just to get caught up.
Old 09-18-20, 12:20 PM  
alisoncooks

I finished the Call the Midwife (again, haha).

Now I'm just bingeing with my kids: Avatar the Last Airbender. We watched it when they were younger and we're rewatching it.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:20 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Love this show. My mom and I have been watching since the earlier movies and it's just so nice. Even when there's a "bad" character, they're usually treated with kindness.

I've rediscovered Friday Night Lights and am halfway through S4 which is about where I left off a few years ago, though I went back to the beginning of the season to recall all the details. It's so good and nearly every episode has something that makes me cry.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We've started on "Outlander."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:50 AM  
sherry7899

Kate, I loved Friday Night Lights, and I do not even like football!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:56 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm rewatching the first three seasons of the Crown. Season 4 drops in November! Despite the extraordinary crappiness of 2020, we have something to look forward to!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 11:27 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I'm rewatching the first three seasons of the Crown. Season 4 drops in November! Despite the extraordinary crappiness of 2020, we have something to look forward to!
Indeed!!!

Thanks to whomever it was here who recommended Keeping Faith. I'm almost through season 1 -- it's so good!!

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic