Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-22, 06:12 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Alison - I really like Annie's channel for my PT needs - that piriformis one I mentioned is one I do frequently to keep my glutes/hips happy. Ugh - I remember those orthodontist days!

Today was not a You Tube day - I did a Classical Stretch episode from Season 20 and a Jessica Valent arm workout from her Unlimited Streaming services - although it may be on You Tube - she does frequently post there as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
I am working on fitting in more mobility and stretching. I've subscribed to so many, I can't remember which is Annie's channel.
Old 01-20-22, 08:38 PM  
jetlitis

Juice & Toya:
30 Minute Full Body Dumbbell Strength Workout

BurpeeGirl:
40 Minute Knee Friendly Walking Workout (steady state)

Both were good workouts -- no talking, and nice music in the background. I plan to do more workouts by these instructors.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 04:15 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I'm in awe of your workout capability. I used to be in such great shape. I used to deadlift a 1 rep max of 270lb. and I bench pressed 140. I *think* I used to squat up to 175 but I always wanted a spotter. After my divorce, I went to the gym and started out in their metabolic classes. Then, after I lost weight and got stronger, I moved to Beast, then to Barbell club. I LOVED Barbell Club. We lifted and did metabolic workouts. That gym had the best programming but the atmosphere became very toxic.

Anyhoo, I started with home workouts and I'm doing them again. I will never get the results that I want if I don't focus on fueling my body properly.
That’s more impressive than anything I do Gigi! I’ve never been a gym goer and have no idea what my one rep max on anything is. I cannot and have never been able to do a pull-up so I’m working slowly toward that (not obsessively or anything). I can now control myself slowly on the down just can’t pull up. Lol. I think just doing whatever movement we can do for where we are in life is more important than max weight or pull-up count or anything like that. Although clearly if you want to go for that again you know you can do it. I’m in awe if that! I agree on proper fueling and sleep and rest too. Rest is a weak spot for me. I fear getting out of my routine and then resting too much.

I’m in the best shape strength wise I’ve ever been in right now and I attribute it all to Caroline’s Epics (Heather Roberts program is totally solid too and probably others on YouTube too. I’m not really a CG snob! She’s just who I ended up focusing on myself) Really showed me how important strength training in an orderly fashion not haphazardly is to just moving through life and gaining strength. I had always done strength and cardio but having a program that a skilled trainer sets up is so much more beneficial for me than random Cathe’s (STS being the exception I think that’s what Cathe was going for with that program) or KCMs etc. They have their place, of course, for maintenance and variety. I could never afford a personal trainer though so I love the freebies on YouTube although not everyone on YouTube is a real personal trainer.

Being in my best shape doesn’t mean I’m in the body shape I want to be either. Haha. Why are we women so hard on ourselves?

Alisoncooks I’d gladly trade you my squash and glute raises for your cardio. Lol. If only it worked that way. I can handle the RDLs and Bulgarian squats. I actually love those. It’s those infernal glute bridges and raises. Yuck!! Haha

Today I paired KayKay’s Rise & Shine 16 Upper Body with 18 Lower Body for a full body workout. This may have not been smart on my part since tomorrow is Epic full body but I can’t undo it. I was behind on doing those two workouts and I think that is a downfall of mine feeling compelled to get them done when I’m doing a rotation. Sigh.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:24 PM  
gigi

cjayd - I'm the same way when I find something or an instructor/program I love. I hope to give CG a try after I finish HR. She has some one week programs, so I would most likely start with that.

I am NOT IMPRESSED with HR's workout for today. Glutes and abs - no cardio, no weights. I will be subbing another workout today, maybe a CG glute & abs workout! WHAT?????
Old 01-21-22, 04:19 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I wouldn't be impressed with HR today's workout either. However, I'm nursing my knee so all in all it's not bad for me. I'll be on vacation next week so it will get extra rest. I had an appointment with a dr today but cancelled it. Maybe after the vacation!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 08:24 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I wouldn't be impressed with HR today's workout either. However, I'm nursing my knee so all in all it's not bad for me. I'll be on vacation next week so it will get extra rest. I had an appointment with a dr today but cancelled it. Maybe after the vacation!
Enjoy your vacation! I am trying to talk myself into working out. I have a CG workout picked out to do instead. Today may end up being another rest day. I'll do the planned HR workout tomorrow and sub the CG workout on Sunday. Monday is Back so I think I should be safe to do that.

I'm going to need a kick in the pants next week after a week of no school due to weather. I had a virtual IEP meeting today, set up another one for next week, planned for most of next week, and was very productive today with paperwork, etc. My work week is busy...I get up around 5 to commute to school and to get some work done early. The typical day has me in constant motion with paperwork and meetings in between teaching classes. I commute home (around 49 to 55 minutes depending on when I leave and traffic), workout, and then have a short time to "do things" or relax before bed. I love my work though and I'm in an excellent school district.

The good news is, my posts will be much shorter and not so lengthy next week...LOL!
Old 01-21-22, 08:38 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Enjoy your vacation! I am trying to talk myself into working out. I have a CG workout picked out to do instead. Today may end up being another rest day. I'll do the planned HR workout tomorrow and sub the CG workout on Sunday. Monday is Back so I think I should be safe to do that.
If it’s any consolation and if you pick the right CG glute workout, you’ll be seated or partially seated yet your glutes will be on fire while the rest of you is relaxing. Lol.

I know that doesn’t make it one ounce better. Haha.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 09:56 PM  
jetlitis

Juice & Toya:
30 Minute Full Body Cardio HIIT Workout (using Bodyweight) [NO REPEAT]
8 Minute Abs [For All Fitness Levels]

(Juice does the advanced version, and Toya does the modifications -- I almost always follow Toya for the mods.)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 10:19 AM  
alisoncooks

Snow day! Yay! In central NC, this amount of snow (just a few, fluffy inches) is a big deal, lol.

Today’s workout:
Rowing
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ykhggcbJrY&t=235s

Stretching
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJsrEkhq-U
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 05:43 PM  
manleym

Cjayd and Gigi - I read your about the weights you lift (or have lifted at one point in your life) and am just in awe! Ya'll are amazing! The heaviest I have are 20's. And I mostly use 12 & 15's. Ya'll are just so impressive! Caroline program is the first strength rotation that I have been interested in doing and stuck with. I have (or have had) most of them all - STS, XTrain (if that counts), RWH, Chalene Extreme, P90X, H&C....the usuals. I would do a workout here and there, but never a full rotation. XTrain and RWH would be the closest/most I've done. There's just something that I really like about Caroline's workouts. I think they are just so well done and would pay for the programs or subscribe to her streaming site (if she ever goes that route.) I'll be curious to see what she does after Endgame since it's the last EPIC.

Gigi, I hear ya on the busy work situation. Our district hasn't shut down yet but one of the campuses where I teach has had 100+ kids out a day because of covid. And teachers are out too. District admin is having to sub in classrooms. They told the dyslexia therapists to cancel classes 1-2 days a week so they can sub. Thankfully they haven't told us we have to sub yet. It has been crazy but I really don't want to go back to virtual learning. It's just so hard for these kids to learn virtually. And it's hard on the teachers. You have quite the commute! I thought my 30-40 minute one way commute was enough. But I understand being in a good school district and having a good team/school. That's why I commute 30-40 minutes each way. It's totally worth it! Hope all of your ARD's, etc. go well. I know they can be L-O-N-G.....

Jetlitis, I've never tried J&T workout, just their stretches. I may have to think about trying one of theirs. I've added a couple of workouts you've posted to my "try" list.

Sorry to hear so many of ya'll are dealing with horrible weather. I'm in the south too but must be farther west. We've had frigid cold (for us) but no snow, ice, etc. Yet. But February hasn't hit and that's when we had Snowmageddon last year. Power was out for 3+ days in sub zero temps (unheard of around here). The power grid failed. Major disaster. And one of the worst pile ups this area has ever experienced. Sure hope that doesn't happen again. Hope all of you stay safe.

Wednesday: Essentrics Aging Backwards No.3 Soothe Your Joints + Aging Backwards No.7 Improve Your Mobility + Aging Backwards No.5 Relieve Your Pain (about 10 min each) + Caroline Girvan 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Uplifted Upper Body Dumbbell Workout EPIC Endgame Day 12 + 20 Min Jumping Jack Cardio Workout at Home + Studio Jibby 5 Min Full Body Cool Down Stretches Post- Workout For Flexibility

Thursday: The Active Workplace 5 min Lower Body Dynamic Warm Up (REALLY LIKED) + Hello Hamstrings & Glutes Dumbbell Workout EPIC Endgame Day 13 (WOW! Used Cathe’s blue band; I really liked the variety and different moves) + 15 Minute Hard-Working Hamstrings RDL Dumbbell Workout (tough after H&G - my buns were burning!) + Juice & Toya 15 Minute Lower Back Stretch For Pain + Tension Relief

Thursday: Tana Yoga Strong + Flexible Intermediate Vinyasa Flow 40 Min Yoga (really liked) +KCM CardioFIT All Cardio Premix (both workouts - no DB’s; wore weighted gloves - liked workout) + RAW Bonus Stepboxing (ok; held 1-2 lb soft weights)

Friday: Caroline EPIC 5 Minute Warm Up - Full Body (like this one!) + Full-On Full Body Dumbbell Workout EPIC Endgame Day 14 (GREAT!) + guided by angie 10 Min Cool Down + Stretch- end your workout right! (FAV!)

Today: Amy Dixon BB2 The Edge (GREAT; doable HIIT; kinda repetitive with 3 rounds of each drill; 2nd ½ goes faster than 1st ½; Finisher-TOUGH!) + Aging Backwards Fast Track 30 Day Challenge disc/week 2 - day 8 - Posture & Spine
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad