Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-22, 06:08 PM  
lynnf

yoga class on zoom and barre 3 30 minutes (start week 3)

Cheryl, thanks for the recipe -- looks good. May try it.

Cynthia, glad you are feeling better and hoping for a negative result. DH just learned a student in his class tested positive and he was in class for 4 hours with him, so he is worried about his test results (not back yet either). He feels fine so far.

Linda, hope you are ok in the snow there.

Diana, nice you could keep your DH away from the game and watching a show with you. There are always plenty more games to see!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 10:47 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I took one of our Church Deacon's and his wife to their Dr's apt. He just had shoulder surgery on Friday and can't drive, she is legally blind and can't drive. She is my walking buddy and I help her in the office at church. What started off as a simple Dr. appt. ended up with a trip to the Urgent Care. He has been having shortness of breath and pain since his surgery. Originally Urgent Care thought he had a blood clot. EKG, CT scan and a battery of tests later they decided it was inflammation. I picked them up at 12:30 and got home at 7:30. Crazy day!

Check-In: CS Calorie Burning Workout, Essentrics Unlock feet, ankles, and Calves

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:14 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 4,163

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-18-22, 11:16 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 cardio circuits. Still don't like them. Maybe they are good for me. They messed up this week's challenge and only put up 6 workouts instead of 7, leaving out the weight workout, so I may add one. DH's test came out negative! But he took another one today, just in case. No results for a few days.

Diana, sounds like a long day at urgent care. Very nice of you to help out.
Old 01-18-22, 04:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'm still iced in. The guys who plow the driveway and shovel the deck are behind schedule because there's too much ice to clear. UPS delivered a package to the driveway and another package to other. I can see the package on the driveway. I'm sure it'll be stolen before I get it. As for the second package, I have no idea where "other" is.

Yesterday I rode the stationary recumbent bike. I might use Cubii Jr today and do some shoulder work.

Another storm is coming in a few days. It might be worse than this one. It's been quite a few years since we had a snowy winter. Snow can be cleared but this ice is scary.

Diana - you're such a good person to help your church friends. It would be a cold day before my husband would give up a football game. Your guy is pretty special.

Lynn - prayers for another negative test for your husband.

Cynthia - prayers for a negative test for you too.

Cheryl - did your shoulders feel ok after that overhead exercise? Anytime I do overheads I set off a spasm in a muscle by the shoulder blade. Since the shoulder surgery, doing chest presses are much too painful. From what I've read, a lot of people can't do presses after a shoulder repair. Flys work tho.

I guess I'll watch the news and see how much snow is going to snow me in this week. Darn it it's the same week as the last storm!!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 04:22 PM  
seabliss

Today I did (this sounds terrible but it wasn't bad) Killer HIIT Legs Workout. Maybe those titles draw some people but I avoid them. But it was just alternating strength moves with cardio moves, like goblet squat followed by jump squats. It was ok. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Linda, I hope your package is not stolen! Wish I could go grab it for you. I didn't hold the weight over my head on that move, so my shoulders are ok. I can do shoulder presses, but I don't like holding weights straight up in a press while I do lunges or whatever. That just feels like a slip away from injury.

Lynn, what don't you like about the cardio circuits? Glad to hear your DH's results were negative. I have a stack of 2.49 home tests here because they are cheap and (my sister says) much better than those in the U.S. I use them whenever we are not feeling well. But we're taking all the vitamin D, zinc, C, etc. every day that is recommended, so that should be helpful.

Diana, glad the drama had a good ending. And glad you were there to help!

Cynthia, speaking of what you spoke of last week, my father is now talking about his end-time arrangements--a burial plot and such. He's feeling fine but he's getting up there--a generation past you and my mom. It's so hard to talk of such things. But I'm glad he's doing it as it would be even harder if he didn't make decisions in advance. I want to go and visit them sometime this year also. That will be my priority if I can get to the U.S. at some point.
Old 01-18-22, 09:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Still haven't felt hardy enough to work out, but the foam roller came today and I might start with that tomorrow. DD had the day off, with a dentist appt and some other errands. The instant results test line was around the block. Still no results from last Thursday. I complained to the customer service email, & they replied that they're overloaded with tests and they hope to get the results in 5 to 7 days.

In case you haven't heard, every household can get 4 free test kits. Go to special.usps.com
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 10:21 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Linda I hope no one steals your package. There is a possibility we are going to get winter weather at the end of the week. I hope we don't get snow or ice.

Cynthia I hope you start feeling better soon.

Cheryl
We are also taking the recommended supplements. Is easy to find supplements there? Are supplements popular there or frowned upon?

Lynn I'm glad your DH's test was negative. I am hearing that people are testing too soon so they are getting false negatives.

Check-In: KCM's Your Best Body workout 1 w/extra cardio

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-19-22, 08:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 6,044

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-19-22, 12:41 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 weights. They put up the missing weight workout today and it was super hard. They had these "commando lunges" where you had to get up from your knees and back down with weights and I found this really hard. I went ahead and got the MELT on demand for $20 for 3 months. I've been doing the Knee ones today and yesterday since my knees are acting up and today they have a live class. One irritating thing is that, while I thought I had all their props, they now have a half-roller, which I don't have, and they used that for one class. I used the regular roller and it seemed to work fine. DH tested negative again, so he seems to be fine.

Diana, definitely hoping for no ice for you! Ice is the worst.

Linda, hoping you hold up ok with your weather. Sounds rough. Our snow melted, but now it is going to get really cold again.

Cynthia, hoping you feel better soon. Sorry your tests are taking so long to get back.

Cheryl, I just find circuits boring (these repeat 3X) and I'm not such a fan of high impact, though I know that some of it is probably good for me. I don't know, I just dread this kind of workout.