Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-22, 10:52 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes plus yoga zoom class. You folks wouldn't believe how complex DS's Sound of Music gift was. There was a copper kettle, sleigh bells, door bells, schnitzel restaurant coupon, woolen mittens, and some things I might have missed.

Cynthia, I'm thinking of doing your staycation. I need one. The foam roller is great, isn't it.

Diana, after all the hemming and hawing, now DS is planning to watch the second half of AR in advance of Wednesday's second leg. Very cute how he is reverting to being a little kid.

Linda, your man is such a sweetheart taking care of you. Sorry no more Cheerios, but I am a big Cream of Wheat fan myself. Hoping you are feeling more energetic soon.

Cheryl, the new place sounds great. Hope it works out. You guys are so enterprising finding all these cool opportunities. I saw a program on French TV and the person highlighted had a vacation farm in Portugal and boy was it lovely. Looked like paradise there.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 11:00 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting late, need to get to bed. Tomorrow I'm getting my Covid booster. Hopefully no negative side effects.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 07:19 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yesterday I worked in the church office. It was cold here (for us) so my walking buddy didn't want to walk. Then I got involved with my "office" work at the house and never got a workout in.

Today I'm taking my friend to her eye appointment, donating blood and getting my covid booster. My friend's eye doctor is at the mall. I am hoping to get a walk in while I'm there.

Steps from yesterday: 3188

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-22, 09:41 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

My SO is probably halfway home. He did 5 loads of laundry. I hadn't done laundry since November. December was a bad month. He cooked and washed dishes. He did it all so I could rest. Meow Meow couldn't decide if she should rest with me or stay near him. She picked him. Lol

The Dr says I'm doing great. Well, the PA, not the doc. I was trying to decide between staying with the practice or going with my pcp when she opens an office on her own. Going in I was going to stay with the practice. They were supposed to fax 2 prescriptions to the drugstore. The man went to a few stores before we went to the drugstore. Nothing was faxed yet. I called the dr's office and told them I can only be in town yesterday and I need to get the meds. We went to Costco 20 miles away, came back and the dr's office had faxed one prescription. The pharmacist came out and said if I'm smart I'll go with my Dr when she opens the office. I already decided that when they hadn't faxed the scripts after 30 minutes.

Lynn, I like Cream of Wheat, too. Better than oatmeal. He brought 2 boxes to cook and an instant in maple flavor. I can't have that yet. Also 3 boxes of Corn Flakes, bread and No Yolk Noodles for my soup. He also brought cinnamon flavored Corn Flakes. They'll be a snack out of the box.

Cheryl, I hope you find a house sooner rather than later.

Diana, giving blood and getting boosted in the same day sounds rough. I hope you don't get side effects.

Cynthia, did you remove your cuticle? The skin that grows up the nail. What most Americans call the cuticle is really the proximal nail fold. Do you oil your nails? I use Bliss Kiss, Solar Oil, or Cuccio many times a day or my nails break or tear. I have the worst nails ever but can fake nice nails with oil.

If I do anything today it will be the bike. After 4 hours out yesterday I just want to rest and cuddle with Meow.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:24 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minute new cardio. Still hate it.

Linda, your guy sounds like an angel -- all that laundry!!! And you sound like a manicure expert. Can oiling your cuticles really help your nails so much? I must start doing that.

Diana, hope all goes well with the booster. I didn't have much more trouble with the booster than with the other shots, just pain at the site.
Old 01-11-22, 04:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, my regular density foam roller hurt a lot. I never got the Melt Method roller b/c of the price. Do you think it's worth it?

Diana, best wishes for your booster. Aside from soreness at the injection site, I haven't heard of, or experienced side effects.

Linda, by remove do you mean cut? I do not, b/c for me it would cause hangnails. The warm lotion soak really moisturizes and shrinks what I call the cuticle. I use cuticle cream at night.

DD's day off & we're going to go on errands.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 04:42 PM  
lynnf

Cynthia, since I do MELT, I wanted to have the correct density for their method. But I don't know how your roller compares to softer rollers you could find on the market for a cheaper price for regular rolling so I can't say. I can only tell you that my MELT roller did come apart after a few year and I had to replace it, so it won't hold up forever even at its expensive price. And I did complain and they told me that's just the way it goes.
Old 01-11-22, 05:37 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cynthia, no cutting. It might be possible to scrape it off but it would be hard to cut the cuticle. I meant with a cuticle remover or an AHA hand cream.

Lynn, jojoba oil penetrates the nail. It's great mixed with Vitamin E to a consistency you like. Olive oil isn't great because it doesn't penetrate well. I think avocado oil also penetrates. During a conversation with the pharmacist my sweetie told her he likes to do all he can to help me because he loves me so much. I wasn't expecting him to say that!

I'm resting today. Tired and sleepy like the cat.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 08:07 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I feel exhausted this evening. While making dinner I felt a little light headed. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm going to take benadryl and tylenol tonight. The pharmacist who gave the shot did a great job, didn't even feel it. I really like her. She took some time explaining the new flu vaccine, tetanus and pneumonia vaccine. I plan to get the flu and tetanus vaccine at the end of the month and then pneumonia next month.

Check-In: 1+ walk earlier in the day. I was going to do more this evening but I just don't feel like it.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-22, 10:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No workout today. Lynn, yes I remember now your post about the Melt roller falling apart. I checked online and got an OTPT soft roller for $18.75 on their website. Amazon has it for $45.95.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote