Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-22, 12:19 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Go to Urgent Care or better yet, the Emergency Room. I think you need a head scan. Remember the case of the Redgrave woman who died after hitting her head, and not seeking medical attention.
Erica, I agree with Jane. Please go get checked. I know it is really difficult with your mobility and covid, but a head injury is serious.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 12:47 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Go to Urgent Care or better yet, the Emergency Room. I think you need a head scan. Remember the case of the Redgrave woman who died after hitting her head, and not seeking medical attention.
Yes, but she died fairly soon after her injury. It's been four days for me and today I'm actually feeling improvement. But thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Erica, I agree with Jane. Please go get checked. I know it is really difficult with your mobility and covid, but a head injury is serious.
Thanks, Sherry. I would if symptoms were getting worse but I'm actually feeling a bit better today. I just can't see spending thousands of dollars and exposing us to Covid just to be told to go home and rest, which I'm already doing. I was pretty miserable yesterday with the nausea and DH wanted to take me in but I wanted to see how I'd feel after sleeping. Seems like I just need to nap for 30 minutes every 1-2 hours and that helps a lot. And not focusing on anything - that's the worst as far as making me feel nauseated (like on the computer).
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 01:50 PM  
hypnomoon

Do you have telehealth? Or a call a nurse as part of our health insurance? Maybe reach out to them and see what they want you to do.

As with all the rest of your friends here, I agree you need to see a doctor. And sooner much more than later.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 02:31 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Do you have telehealth? Or a call a nurse as part of our health insurance? Maybe reach out to them and see what they want you to do.

As with all the rest of your friends here, I agree you need to see a doctor. And sooner much more than later.
No telehealth but I imagine we'd have one of those nurse lines. But I expect that any medical professional I contact over the phone would tell me to be seen - if for no other reason than to cover themselves in case something happened at home.

If I thought I was in danger or if there was some kind of treatment I needed, I would definitely go. But I just can't spend thousands of dollars on imaging and expose us to Covid to be told to go home and rest, which is exactly what I'm doing anyway. I feel like my symptoms are stable or even slightly better - if they were getting worse, we'd go to ER. I just can't waste that much money or take the risk of us getting sick. Especially now since I can't walk and am dependent on DH - we both need to stay healthy.

Please tell me if there's something I'm missing here. I'm getting kind of paranoid that everyone is telling me to go in when I feel like I'm fine as long as things don't get worse.

Erica
Old 01-08-22, 03:20 PM  
Venus

Erica, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I don't have experience with concussions, so no advice to offer. I am a little worried that you're following your doctor's advice but said she's an awful doctor. I hope you're right and feeling better soon.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 03:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Erica, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I don't have experience with concussions, so no advice to offer. I am a little worried that you're following your doctor's advice but said she's an awful doctor. I hope you're right and feeling better soon.
Thank you! She truly is an awful doctor and I don't trust anything she says, but her response matches what I've read online. I obviously need to find a new family doctor.

Erica
Old 01-08-22, 06:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Erica, I just wanted to send healing vibes your way, take care!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 06:33 PM  
Karla25

{{Hugs}} Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-08-22, 06:40 PM  
jusca

I hit my head twice in one night on a metal frame and had a headache in one spot for several days. I had a ct scan the next day and everything came back normal. I was given some prescription tylenol. I had no money for the er deductible but I knew I was worth more than a few hundred dollars. This was the week when the mysterious new illness now called covid was being announced. The hospital even offered me a discount after processing my claims. I always think of Natasha Richardson when it comes to head injuries. Some head injuries can cause pain for days or weeks or seem to improve while at the same time are still very serious like subdural hematomas.

I hope you whatever you decide to do, that your recovery is quick.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 06:55 PM  
sherry7899

Erica, if this were one of your kids you would make sure they were seen. I hope you.will consider getting checked .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote