Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-21, 09:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: resting today. Listening to a great True Spies podcast and I should be able to finish and share some cool details tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 06:19 AM  
Cher

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 08:09 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Lower Body + core + extended stretch. Today's workout was a 35-minute yoga practice + RwH Low Impact Hiit.

Cher - Glad you dropped in. We're all thinking about you and your family.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 09:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher thank you for your post. You know we are all thinking of you.

I ran 3.6 miles after work. I was going to do some UB but it was a tough day and I’m beat. I will do UB tomorrow of this weekend.

You guys will hardly believe this but one of our Medical Assistants is out with COvID. She is fully vaccinated but I am not sure about the booster. Luckily she is not very ill, but our office just will NOT make everyone wear masks. More patients wear masks than our staff does!
I just have to shake my head and continue to mask and double mask. And sigh.

TGIF it is Friday tomorrow.
Old 12-10-21, 09:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was RwH Low Impact Hiit + 35 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- Breakthrough infections seem to occur but they don't seem to be as bad, thank goodness. Like you, I am still very careful when I'm around other people.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 12-10-21, 09:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran 5 miles after work and then did some upper body with Cathe band. It was super warm for December—75degrees and humid. Yuck.

Jbliff I have the Peloton ap to stream with my Firestick. They are now offering some boxing workouts and they look pretty good! I may give one a try. Looks like they are fairly beginner but we’ll see.

Waves to all.
Old 12-11-21, 01:00 AM  
Vantreesta

It's been snowing nearly all day. The storm warning is now saying the total in some areas could be 18-21"! I shoveled the first few inches away and took twice as long as Wednesday did. Hubby will snowblow in the morning before he goes to work. I think it's gonna take quite a while! I have been loving this so much though! This is how winter in MN is supposed to be!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 07:59 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + Boss Bands Total Body in the afternoon.

Karjoy - That's cool that there are boxing workouts for Peloton. I do love boxing and kickboxing the best of all the cardio workouts.

Vannie - My goodness, that's an awful lot of snow. MN must be really good about clearing the roads. You are living in the right place if you are enjoying all that snow . Have you always lived in MN?

Can you believe we are going to be in the mid 70s today? But we'll be back to the 50s tomorrow.

Hi to Gibbee and Cher. Have a good day, all.
Old 12-11-21, 07:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Gosh it got to 79 degrees here today. Very unusual, even for us, and fairly miserable but a front is coming in tonight with some cooler weather.

Vannie 12-18 inches of snow!! Very cool, no pun intended. I know that gives a Christmasy feel to things. Do you guys ever get snowed in in Minnesota? Or do you just dig yourselves out and keep going? I admire that “flinty midwestern spirit” that President Obama talked about from living in Chicago.

I did run about 4.2 miles today. Should have gone earlier. Maybe it would have been less humid. Had to walk a bit. Fortunately a runner from our big group wants to do 0630 tomorrow and it will be in the 50s.

Jbliff I previewed a couple of those Peloton boxing workouts and they look pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thinking of you Cher and Gibbee.
Old 12-12-21, 10:48 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical and about 10 minutes of yoga on my own.

Karjoy - Sounds like your weather is a little bit like ours, just warmer. Do you actually have a Peloton bike/threadmill or just the app?

Waves to all. Have a good day.