Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-23, 12:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Getting ready to head out today for another Poe event this evening....and we've got big snow flakes coming down!

Finished up Lee's 5 Day Online Challenge with Days 4 & 5. Yesterday I was back on the treadmill with visits to Costa Rica, and then Turks & Caicos. The Costa Rica one was neat, in the jungle with a number of suspended bridges. The Turks & Caicos was a steady state walk along a beautiful white, sandy beach!

After completing Lee's 5 Day Challenge, I have until the 27th to see if I want to do a 30 Day Online Challenge, but I'll probably move on to something else in February. I'd like to add more yoga in the next month, as I feel that's lacking in my workouts. I'm thinking of either doing the Namaste series of workouts...or some of Jessica's. We'll see.....

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-23, 08:09 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was what I call my Work Cardio workout, lol. Three hours of walking and standing. In the evening, Jessica's YT Mobility:Full Body Dynamic Stretch. This one was harder than expected, she had some difficult moves, like split squats all the way to the floor and then back up. I did feel stretched out afterwards, but had some DOMS in my glutes, hips and shoulders.

Today was Work Cardio workout, then in the evening an older YT Workout, Back Friendly Total Body Strength. I used to do this one frequently, but I had a hard time keeping up this time! I used 7 pounds like Jessica, but it's a faster, high rep workout. It doesn't have any bent over moves or crunches, and I like that. For my abs, I added in some weighted carries with my 15 pound kettlebell, then did a few kettlebell swings.

I follow Justina Ercole, even though I don't do her workouts. She did a video on fast twitch and slow twitch. Fast twitch is heavy weights, less reps. Cardio is HIIT. Slow twitch is more endurance, light weights and more reps. Cardio is something like walking. She said we need to do both, that both are important. I'm thinking that in the past Jessica's workouts were slow twitch, but she's added in some fast twitch with things like Lift & Shift. I'm now trying to figure out how to fit both in! I guess my slow twitch cardio is my job. I guess I will mix it up with my strength workouts.

Donna, thanks for the suggestion. That's what I'm trying to focus on, strength and stretching. I also need to do some mobility for those smaller muscles. I am feeling more motivated to work out today.

Pam, I'm glad you liked the movie. I'd like to see it. Have fun at the Poe events.
Old 01-21-23, 04:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We got in late last night and I had trouble sleeping, but the Poe event was great. It was a guided tour (inside a mansion) and re-telling of some of Poe's stories with atmospheric lights and staging.

Today I did a recovery walk in Frankfurt, Germany through the winter holiday market. I used my new egg weights to bring up my HR and liked using them very much. It made the walk more than "recovery" and was a decent speed. I will get a lot of use out of these weights and they're comfortable to hold in hands. Very good to ramp up any walk. I was also going to try them with some of Kelly's boxing workouts but I'm now thinking 1.5lbs in each hand might be too much. We'll see....

Sherry, I couldn't do all of the standing that you do at work. If I was moving, I'd be okay but with PF that type of job wouldn't work for me until my foot is healed up. Good job on keeping up with the mobility stretches afterwards. We have to do that at our age, don't we.

Enjoy the weekend all!

April Focus:
Old 01-21-23, 11:32 PM  
Leonana

No workout, today was house cleaning. I need to do some stretching before bed.

Pam, I don’t stand for long, I usually walk around some. I do sit the last 20 minute session, as my feet start hurting. There are benches on the big kids playground. Although, I can’t sit in the summer, as the benches are on concrete with no shade. It’s pretty nice now. I’m glad the egg weights are working for you.
Old 01-22-23, 03:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up on my workout report....

Saturday:

- Essentrics - Day # 3 workout for the 50's challenge (this was leg activation with Amanda). I actually split this into two sessions. I did the standing portion as a warm-up to my weight workout and then later in the day I did the floor work.

- KV - Strength Section from Half & Half - I have this on two separate DVDs - I never did get the Half & Half DVD - but the two parts of the workout were sold separately, I think, at Ross back in the day when Ross was a goldmine for DVDs. Anyway, it was an enjoyable weight routine, but one that is hard for me to figure out the best weight to use - 5's were a bit too light but I think 8's would have been too much. I don't have anything in between.

I didn't get a walk in yesterday, just a damp day.

Sunday -

Not in a workout mood but I did manage:

Ellen - Yoga Pump

I'm not sure what the week ahead holds..I think I will figure it out tomorrow. I have enjoyed re-visiting KV and the DVD collection, but then I'm thinking about my streaming subscriptions and using them! Decisions, decisions.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 08:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The weekend flew by as usual....

Today, so far:

CS 1305 (I think anyway - it was Day # 4 of the 50's challenge) Standing only

Jessica Valent - 40 Min Barre Pilates Workout

I hope everyone is off to a good start today!

Donna
Old 01-23-23, 04:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did another Holiday Market walk, but this time in Nuremberg, Germany. Today, I was in Cairo, Egypt amongst the noisy and crowded bazar market stalls. Glad today's was virtual, but it was interesting to know what to expect if DH and I ever travel to Egypt. We both would like to go to Germany also, but neither of us feel like we'd be ready for that kind of travel and planning. So much to explore in the US.

It's been snowing today, so expect my hike will be canceled tomorrow. Will have to check the weather updates.

Went for our yearly physicals today, so up next is my yearly mammogram soon. Fun stuff.

April Focus:
Old 01-24-23, 12:20 AM  
Leonana

No workouts yesterday, I was tired. Today was walking at work, but no formal workout. Dd came over for dinner today, instead of yesterday, so I didn’t have time.
Old 01-24-23, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my dog. It was very damp and chilly.

I did a stretch last night after work, too.

Today, was a blast from the past -

Jane Fonda - Step Aerobics & Abs (I didn't do the abs section). What a hoot. I had this on VHS tape at one point in my vidiot career. Laurel, Jeannie and Mark lead the step aerobics section and Jane leads the abs. The outfits, OMG! But it was fairly decent workout - not too hard to follow, no high impact or drills or anything else like that.

One of my goals is to improve my cardio capacity and I think adding one step workout a week will help. Even using the step a little bit increases the intensity and makes me work harder.

I finished up with a Yoga from Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga stretch I think she released this one last week.

Pam - nice job working around your winter weather. Do you guys ever come to Baltimore for Poe events?

Sherry -nice that DD came over for dinner. How is she doing with school and working?

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 01-24-23, 04:40 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today's indoor walk was in Bolivia. I ended up not going on the regular Tues/Thurs outdoor hike, as wasn't feeling well this morning. Might have caught a little something from all the sickies in the doctors office yesterday.

Donna, yes have been to Baltimore for a Tall Ships event about ten years ago and to the Poe house (and museum) as well as gravesite and monument. A few years earlier we'd gone to Philadelphia for a Poe conference (writers/student) weekend event, as well as visiting all the Poe sights there. We'd visited the cottage in NY, to a couple sights in Boston (Poe statue) and walking tours there and in Providence. Baltimore is a great city, and we enjoyed our visit to Philadelphia, though can be a bit scary walking around at night. ;-)

April Focus: