Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-23, 10:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe the weekend is over - I say that every Monday......

Yesterday was a lazy day for me exercise-wise. I did:

Jessica Smith - Cozy Sweater Weather Mobility routine - this was a nice routine and was perfect for yesterday when I really didn't feel like doing much exercise-wise.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Bend & Extend - I needed something gentler today - just not up for a whole lot. I previewed Jessica's workout that is up next in the playlist I'm following but it didn't appeal to me today - there was a lot of the forward leaning posture that sometimes just doesn't work for me. I'll circle back to it at some point.

Jessica Valent - Knee friendly Pilates workout - this was a nice routine and went well w/ Ellen's.

Learn Somatics (You Tube) - How to release tight QL muscles. I have a perpetually tight right QL so I did all of the exercises on my right side. I probably should have balanced and did the left....but I was running out of time.

Re: Arizona - it has been years since we visited there but I remember those sites. Very beautiful.

I really like the slower moving yoga workouts - like those w/ Jane Adams

Our library had a lower back focused practice with Peggy Cappy at one time. I did enjoy doing it.

I wish Jane Adams would make some more DVDs or offer streaming or downloads.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

I will probably get a walk in later and maybe something else...

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-23, 01:04 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Two more Nepal treadmill hikes done today! Also added quick Upper Body & Stretch workouts with Kimberly Spreen's 10 Minute Solution Fitness Ball DVD. Good stuff!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-23, 09:38 PM  
Leonana

Today was work cardio. I saw a PT channel mentioned in GD, DocJenFit, and I watched a video called why you shouldn’t pull your shoulders down and back. I thought you were supposed to do that with strength moves, but the video was mainly addressing every day life. I did some of the exercises recommended for the shoulders in the video. The first one mentioned is a pec opening stretch, which is placing your hand on a wall and turning away from it. Jessica had this move in one of her older stretch videos and it’s always been a favorite, I do it frequently to stretch my shoulders.

Pam, I haven’t been out in the desert when it rains, but it does smell nice in the city too.
Old 02-14-23, 12:25 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I did get in a dog walk in the afternoon and then in the evening, after work I did Senior Shape - Beginner Workout With One Dumbbell or Kettlebell - this was a nice 20 min workout and it was harder than I expected, as is usually the case w/ her workouts. I think because she is so calm in her presentation you expect it to be easier.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk a 5K - Interval Walk - I added on the warm-up and active recovery.

Hope to get out and walk today and some stretching tonight.

Sorry for the lack of personals....just one of those days...

Sherry - I am going to check out the channel you mentioned. I think as we get older, mobility may be even more important than strength and cardio!

Donna
Old 02-14-23, 04:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Happy Valentine's Day, ladies!!!

I just did my regular outdoor hike today...and nothing else so far. Maybe a mobility workout is in order for me, too!

Enjoy the day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 02-15-23, 10:50 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was work cardio. In the evening, I did the first 30 minutes of Peggy Cappy’s Yoga for arthritis, the warm up section. It was mainly shoulder and neck movements, with about five minutes of legs. My legs don’t feel stretched and my neck and shoulders are aching today. It was too much exercise in the first session for me. I’m not sure how people with arthritis would fare. The other sessions are hands and wrists, standing moves, sitting moves, reclining poses, relaxation and meditation. I’ll try some of the other sessions before I decide if I like it.

I have to be honest, I rarely click with older dvds. People seem to love them in GD, but I always Joni O them.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day. We ate at home and played card games with our friends.
Old 02-15-23, 01:55 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I was back on the treadmill but it took me a long while to get going today, with not sleeping very well the night before. Today's TM was an incline of 12 for the duration, but at least the pace was slower. Only three more to do in this series, and the next ones will be at Mt Everest base camp.

I added Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga plus Pilates (Floor Flow) thinking this would be relaxing. Haha. That was a challenging workout and not really what I wanted for today. Oh well. I probably have only done that one a couple times and forgot all about it. "Gentle" in the title is very misleading. And, more Pilates than yoga, unless I was dreading the Pilates parts, lol.

Sherry, I have a Peggy Crappy DVD and can't remember which one it is. It was very slow moving for me. I will have to revisit it again. She's fairly local and lives in NH, I think. I see her workouts in a number of thrift stores all the time and they don't tempt me much.

April Focus:
Old 02-15-23, 09:03 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

This has just been a strange week - I feel like I'm just perpetually behind....

Anyway, today I did a couple of routines spread out -

Ellen - Sleek Sculpt Express - the 3 lb weights got pretty heavy w/ the high reps!!

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates Routine (from You Tube) - it was a short one, about 15 min....

Ellen - Barre Cardio

The weather was nice today but I didn't get a chance to get out and enjoy it. I did Ellen's Barre Cardio after work since I missed my outdoor walk today.

Glad tomorrow is Thursday - like I said, this has just been one of those weeks.

Take care!

Donna
Old 02-16-23, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Lindsey's Walking workouts (You Tube)- I think this channel was called Flexy & Fit at one time. Anyway, I did a "400 Calorie in 30 Min" walking routine. It was one of those with no talking, just music and a timer. 40 seconds on/20 seconds rest. I don't know if I burned 400 calories or not, LOL, but it was something to do for some activity! Sometimes I do enjoy these somewhat mindless routines where you just do a basic move and listen to music.

Trifecta Pilates - 20 Min Basic/Gentle Pilates - just what it says!

That is about it for today, so far!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 02-16-23, 10:36 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

The last three Nepal TM workouts are shorter (less than 30 minutes) so that's nice when I'm short on time, like today! We're heading out of town for a bit today and attending a lecture in MA tonight.

Donna, I'll be ready to start Jessica's WS rotation on Monday so that will be exciting for me! I'll try follow the schedule, as planned and see how the next six weeks go.

Enjoy your day!

April Focus: