Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-26-23, 05:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith -
One Mile Walk & Talk - The Compound Effect - 15 minutes,
Total Body Short Circuit 5 - 15 minutes, &
Stand Up and Stretch - 8 minutes

These were all fairly new YouTube offerings from Jessica. I did like them, but they moved a little faster than I'm used to moving.

I'm thinking I'll follow Lauren's playlist this week. I'm in the mood for calming workouts this week. Of course that's always subject to change. Funny though, Donna, I was thinking about revisiting Faithful Workouts' calendar soon. She has a lot of new to me workouts posted.

Well, it's (the TikToks) just beyond the pale for our community - our parents would have absolutely had a fit if they had found those videos and they easily could have - she used her name as her handle. I promise you that she doesn't think that she's done anything wrong. She'll file for unemployment and we'll fight this one. She violated so many of our social media policies it isn't even funny. How could she graduate from college and not realize that as a teacher you are a professional and that you have to act like one???

Donna - the egg painting sounds like a lot of fun. My painting would be childish looking too. That would be right up your daughter's alley.

Christine - I did like Lauren's workout. She's always so calm and soothing.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 07:55 AM  
buffmama

I did Cailin's Next Level Pilates workout today and was underwhelmed by this one. 30 min intermediate level. Good choice of exercises, balanced full body workout with lots of spinal articulation but very few form cues.
Old 03-27-23, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday.

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie - and then I added on Jessica Valent's Juicy Spine Routine.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Lower Body Beginner Weights Part 2

Jessica Valent - Side to Side Pilates

I seem to be on a Jessica Valent kick. I'm looking forward to seeing what her Hips Challenge looks like for April. Hips and low back are my trouble spots.

Carol - I can't believe that the teacher would use her full name on her Tik Tok - I mean that is just stupid if you are going to post things like that. Of course, I wonder if she even thinks what she posted is wrong. Wow.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 02:47 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone, today I did:

MVMT w/Cailin: Full Body Pilates (balance & mobility)

I like her workouts from that series because there's lots of stretching included.

Donna, it makes me happy to hear that painting lifted your spirits! You should definitely make time for something creative if it helps. My art teacher is always encouraging us to make time for that.

Carol, I love how Lauren puts out a weekly calendar. I always wanted to try and follow it, but then I get pulled towards Pilates. It's scary that the teacher who was let go doesn't see how she was inappropriate!

Buffmama, that surprises me about Cailin. I find she has good cues in her shorter workouts. I subscribed to Real Good Pilates, so thanks for mentioning that! Her workouts look good too.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 09:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - Knee Friendly Pilates Workout - 15 minutes

This workout just showed me how much I've been slipping when it comes to pilates. I think I need to be doing more pilates!

Christine - She's young - in her early thirties. Maybe that's the deal, although our young admin people definitely know it's out of bounds. We are having an all staff meeting Friday morning and are going to reemphasize professional behavior and social behavior standards.

Donna - She's just not very smart. And then the dang school shooting today was unnerving. That school profile - small Christian school - fits us.

I'm pooped.

Carol
Old 03-28-23, 08:02 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hi everyone, today I did:

MVMT w/Cailin: Full Body Pilates (balance & mobility)

I like her workouts from that series because there's lots of stretching included.

Buffmama, that surprises me about Cailin. I find she has good cues in her shorter workouts. I subscribed to Real Good Pilates, so thanks for mentioning that! Her workouts look good too.
I got the most out of her progressive series. I found great cuing in those workouts.
Old 03-28-23, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in and then after work I did one of the 15 min walks from Jessica's 15 Min Walk DVD (i can't remember the title, LOL! But there are 4 15 min walks on them - I'm going to work through them this week for extra steps/activity).

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy - at least i think that is the title! It is her first walking DVD with 2 30 min walks - High Energy Walk and Power Walk. Filmed outdoors at what looks like a resort setting. It is hard to believe, but i think this one is 10 years old now, from 2013.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Arthritis - I liked this one - some standing, seated and floor work.

Carol - I was also feeling the absence of Pilates in my life. Right now Jessica is working for me and I have Beth waiting in the wings for when I need a change. Jessica works well for me b/c she mixes it up a bit and her workouts all seem to have a PT/functional element to them. I am looking forward to her Hips Challenge in April. And, when I heard of the school shooting in Nashville, the first thing i thought of was you and your school. Hopefully your ex-teacher is not that unhinged. Although these days it seems like so many people are just hanging on to sanity by a thread. There is so much rudeness and disregard for others - I can just see it when out driving. Around here if you hesitate for a nanosecond when the light turns green people start honking. I really do wonder what is wrong with the human race as a whole. I know probably all "older" people say this - but it seemed the world was a better place 20, 30, 40 years ago.

Christine - I am definitely going to put more creative time into my days. I do think it will help with my moods. I pulled out some adult coloring books and colored pencils last night.

Waves, buffmama!!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Donna
Old 03-28-23, 08:56 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone! This morning I did:

Shaped by Faith: Pilates w/stretch band

I really liked that one! It's one of her newer downloads. It felt like a reformer workout with the band. It was more athletic than flowy though, but it was good.

Donna, yay! Those coloring books are very relaxing.

Carol, When you said she was young, I thought maybe early 20's for that behavior. I think 30's is old enough to have matured, but then again the "younger" generation (and world) is much different than when we were at that age.

Buffmama, I love her progressive workouts! Although I haven't done them all in order.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 06:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! No workout for me yesterday. I stayed late for the Board meeting and it was after 6 by the time I got home and we were hungry, so no workout for me. I am hoping this afternoon to get back on schedule.

Christine - I guess when you are as old as I am, "young" is a relative term. She was definitely old enough to know better and now we are hearing that she got in trouble at her last school for social media stuff. They either lied to us or no one checked her references. I guess I will have to add social media checks to our routine background checks.

Donna - The Nashville school shooting was close to home for us. School size, look, everything, fit us demographically. The Board has directed that we hire a security officer for the remainder of the year and purchase bullet-resistant film for some of our windows and doors. Another expense in an already challenging year, but - sadly - I totally understand where they are coming from. We have doors just like the ones he/she shot out to gain entry. We had parents who kept their children home yesterday out of fear.

I do think things are a lot worse than they were when I was young and that lots of people are on the streets that shouldn't be. In our city, for example, just the other day, we had a person walking down a street 1/2 a mile away from the school carrying a "rifle" . Police confronted him, he raised the "rifle" to fire on them and they shot him dead. Turns out he was crazy as a loon, off his meds, had escaped from his caregiver and the rifle was a toy. In this case the parents knew he was crazy as a loon, but I think often, folks like this fly under the radar. People are either to busy or distracted to notice. Sigh.

Carol
Old 03-29-23, 07:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in but nothing after work as my contractor was here doing some more work on the bathroom. I think it will finally be done tomorrow (I hope!).

Today, so far, a Jessica Valant medley:

- Basic Workout w/ Dumbbells - I used this one as a sort of warm-up
- Strength & Stretch - this is one of her new workouts for March. The first half is weights - fairly basic stuff that you can layer on to or keep simple. The second half is a stretch.

Both of these were good low-dread effective weight routines for those of us who don't adore weight training. It got it done efficiently and you are able to make it harder or easier depending on weights and options you choose.

Carol - I just don't know what to say any more - it is so sad that schools have to have prison-level security. When did this mess start? And, of course, nothing will be done - the politicians will just point fingers at each other as to who/what is to blame. And the rhetoric from both sides just gets worse and worse.

Agreed about checking social media posts for possible weirdos.

Hope everyone has a good day ------ we just have to make the best of it.

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates