Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-23, 12:25 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I did get in a dog walk in the afternoon and then in the evening, after work I did Senior Shape - Beginner Workout With One Dumbbell or Kettlebell - this was a nice 20 min workout and it was harder than I expected, as is usually the case w/ her workouts. I think because she is so calm in her presentation you expect it to be easier.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk a 5K - Interval Walk - I added on the warm-up and active recovery.

Hope to get out and walk today and some stretching tonight.

Sorry for the lack of personals....just one of those days...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-23, 09:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Improved Health - Leg & Glute Focused Walking Workout - 25 minutes;
I liked this walking/bodyweight strength workout. Everything was done with 30 second intervals - a cardio move and then a strength type move, squats, lunges, more squats, leg lifts, etc.

Jessica Valant Pilates -Best Scoliosis Exercises & Stretches - 17 minutes
I can tell I've been slacking on the pilates work.

I saw a different rheumatologist today. This one actually listened to me and had obviously reviewed my records before I arrived. She doesn't think - at this point - that I have R.A. or that I need to be on heavy duty meds. Of course, that may change when she gets the rest of my records from the old rheumatologist, but as she said, my bloodwork really isn't screaming R.A. and neither is my body. I have one bad joint and I may need a joint replacement at some point, but that's about it (so far). I'll take it. She did agree that the other doctor's office got in a hurry to diagnose me with ILD and didn't listen to me when I developed the cough after the suspected CoVid bout. She didn't understand why I had to fight to get a round oral steroids to calm the cough down. She said that should have been the first thing they did.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 08:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - Strength, Balance, Cardio and Flexibility All-in-One Workout (with Intervals) - 45 minutes

I enjoyed this workout - it even felt a little different than the other All-in-One workouts I've done. Jules split the strength work - lower body before the cardio and then upper body strength work afterwards. And balance work was at the very beginning of the workout. Another good workout for me.

Carol
Old 02-15-23, 08:59 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

This has just been a strange week - I feel like I'm just perpetually behind....

Anyway, today I did a couple of routines spread out -

Ellen - Sleek Sculpt Express - the 3 lb weights got pretty heavy w/ the high reps!!

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates Routine (from You Tube) - it was a short one, about 15 min....

Ellen - Barre Cardio

The weather was nice today but I didn't get a chance to get out and enjoy it. I did Ellen's Barre Cardio after work since I missed my outdoor walk today.

Carol - Great work w/ Improved Health. I need to go back to her channel! It is also good news about your Dr's visit - although a bit disturbing about your other Dr's diagnosis/practices.

Glad tomorrow is Thursday - like I said, this has just been one of those weeks.

Take care!

Donna
Old 02-16-23, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far:

Lindsey's Walking workouts (You Tube)- I think this channel was called Flexy & Fit at one time. Anyway, I did a "400 Calorie in 30 Min" walking routine. It was one of those with no talking, just music and a timer. 40 seconds on/20 seconds rest. I don't know if I burned 400 calories or not, LOL, but it was something to do for some activity! Sometimes I do enjoy these somewhat mindless routines where you just do a basic move and listen to music.

Trifecta Pilates - 20 Min Basic/Gentle Pilates - just what it says!

That is about it for today, so far!

Happy Friday eve!

Donna
Old 02-16-23, 08:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - 2600 Steps Metabolism Boosting Interval Walk, Balance & Strength Workout for Another All-in-One - 35 minutes

This was another fun one. It begins with a 5 minute warmup and then moves to 5 intervals of 45 seconds of fast walking/jogging/running followed by 15 seconds of recovery time. After those five intervals are done, it's time for a few minutes of strength training, upper body and lower body. Then back to five more intervals and another segment of strength training, mostly upper body and abs. Jules finishes with a little balance work and a stretch. Another winner!

Donna - Nice workouts! I intended to squeeze in some pilates, but I didn't make it. I'm also thinking - once again - that I need to do Classical Stretch...

Carol
Old 02-17-23, 02:31 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Today has been another of those weird/crazy days. I'm glad it is Friday.

Anyway....

Last night I did CS 1401 - So funny you mentioned it Carol. My back/hip was giving me trouble this week and I swear that one episode of CS made it feel better.

Today, so far:

CS 1402 - sticking with what works!

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50

I enjoyed both of these and realize I should keep both in my life more!

Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 02-17-23, 08:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - 20 Minute Upper Body Toning Cardio Workout + 6 Minute Stretch - 27 minutes

This workout was slightly reminiscent of Pahla B's workouts - light weights with cardio. Pretty shoulder intense - Jules recommended 1 or 2 lb weights at most. I thought I might be able to use my 1 lb weights, but quickly decided to use my 1/2 wrist weights. Those were just fine. It was a little too fast paced for anything heavier for me.

Donna - Nice job with Classical Stretch. I still need to swap out a working DVD player for the one in my workout room.

Carol
Old 02-18-23, 09:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Improved Health - 20 Minute Lower Impact Dance Workout - 23 minute;
Very fun "dance" workout. No weights in this one, but there was a brief stretch at the end.

Classical Stretch - Your 60s - Day 1 - 30 minutes
I decided to try CS streaming since my DVD player isn't working. Maybe I can find other instructors besides Miranda that I can actually follow more easily.

Carol
Old 02-19-23, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workout report....

Saturday:

- CS 1404
- Gilad Express Workouts - Cardio 1 & 2
- Dog Walk
- Jessica Valent - Neck Friendly Pilates

Sunday, so far:

- CS 1403
- Gilad Express Workouts - Dynamic Moves/Strength and Balance

I'll probably get a dog walk in and maybe something else later.

Carol - so funny, I suspended my CS/Essentrics subscription recently b/c I wasn't using it that much, but now, it looks like I'm back on a CS/Essentrics kick. I'm going to work through my DVD versions of Seasons 13 and 14 and then, if I'm still interested, activate my subscription again. I think you get a 14 day free trial, so if you find you aren't using it you can cancel before they charge you. I like that you can pause their subscription for up to 3 months. Some of the instructors I have liked are Gail Garceau, Meg Feeney and Jenny Bertrand. Miranda is not the best at cuing at all. I think, since she created it she just does what feels good to her and doesn't always explain it well or cue it in advance. I'm so used to her though since she was the only CS instructor I worked with for so long. Sahra does a better job of cuing and explaining. Who is leading the 60's challenge? I think Jenny Bertrand was leading the 50's.

Happy Sunday (and long weekend)

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates