Old 12-05-22, 09:46 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Body Groove sale $5 DVDs

Misty is having a stocking stuffer sale. DVDs $5

https://www.bodygroove.com/collectio...Q0Ls%3D.JsQyTa
Old 12-05-22, 10:23 AM  
bubbles76

I had no idea she had any titles left! Wish she still had t-shirts, I like the one I got
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 11:56 AM  
sherry7899

This is a sign of a true vidiot . I was checking the sale and then remembered I have a lifetime membership for streaming so I do not have to buy anything. Plus I own all the ones I was interested in ages ago anyway.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 12:22 PM  
laurajhawk

Oh fer cryin out loud These have never been on my radar and now they’re practically free- those are whole sets for $5! And somehow they’re appealing to me today, I’m not much on dance but these look low-key and fun. I assume they’ll sell out and be gone forever, so this is my request for anyone to enable or disenable ( on VF, really? ) me over the next few minutes while I watch some more clips.

ETA: Well, it's been half an hour and nobody disenabled me, so I bought seven sets, OBVIOUSLY. I realized I could combine this excursion with a long-delayed chore, that of checking the balance on some gift cards I had lying around, and one of them was a very good match for my order, so what else could I do?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 01:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Oh fer cryin out loud These have never been on my radar and now they’re practically free- those are whole sets for $5! And somehow they’re appealing to me today, I’m not much on dance but these look low-key and fun. I assume they’ll sell out and be gone forever, so this is my request for anyone to enable or disenable ( on VF, really? ) me over the next few minutes while I watch some more clips.

ETA: Well, it's been half an hour and nobody disenabled me, so I bought seven sets, OBVIOUSLY. I realized I could combine this excursion with a long-delayed chore, that of checking the balance on some gift cards I had lying around, and one of them was a very good match for my order, so what else could I do?
Well obviously you had no choice!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 02:00 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, I hope you enjoy them! They are great for days when you don't really want to move but want to.do.something.

Old 12-05-22, 02:10 PM  
Vantreesta

I think you also have to be in a certain mood, or at least I do. As someone who is somewhat inhibited and, I don't know, regimented maybe (?), these are a very different experience from other workouts. I can handle the free form style bc it's on video but a live class like this would be too much for me. I took a Nia class once and you couldn't pay me to do it again! But Body Groove has a place in my collection for those days where I want to move and don't want to think much but don't want the intensity of a run.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-22, 02:34 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I think you also have to be in a certain mood, or at least I do. As someone who is somewhat inhibited and, I don't know, regimented maybe (?), these are a very different experience from other workouts. I can handle the free form style bc it's on video but a live class like this would be too much for me. I took a Nia class once and you couldn't pay me to do it again! But Body Groove has a place in my collection for those days where I want to move and don't want to think much but don't want the intensity of a run.
I adore NIA at home. I.have the dvds, I have subscribed to NIA tv and the best classes I tried were ones offered by a lovely instructor from.her dance studio in Denver. I rented a bunch of them last winter . However I doubt I could ever do the classes in person. I am way too shy for that.

Old 12-05-22, 02:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I adore NIA at home. I.have the dvds, I have subscribed to NIA tv and the best classes I tried were ones offered by a lovely instructor from.her dance studio in Denver. I rented a bunch of them last winter . However I doubt I could ever do the classes in person. I am way too shy for that.
I was thinking you really liked NIA. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about the class but I think it was the lack of structure. Well, and a germaphobe being required to be barefoot in a public space! I took a bellydance class once and did okay but there were also only 4 of us students so that helped a lot!

Old 12-05-22, 04:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Oh fer cryin out loud These have never been on my radar and now they’re practically free- those are whole sets for $5! And somehow they’re appealing to me today, I’m not much on dance but these look low-key and fun. I assume they’ll sell out and be gone forever…
Oh man! FOMO + a super bargain?! I’m so tempted! And I hate these sorts of workouts.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body groove, misty tripoli, nia