Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-22, 12:31 PM  
buffmama

one on one

Any reviews for Michelle Dozois' One on One? Seems like a good one but would love to hear from the experts.
Old 04-21-22, 01:12 PM  
DBW

I’d like to know too! How does it compare to Body Breakthrough- I don’t use that one much but not sure why.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 09:13 AM  
kristiep

I have not done the Body Breakthrough videos so I cannot compare to that series.

I tried the One-on-One set after using Michelle’s Peak Fit program so I was used to Michelle’s style – very choreographed, fast-paced, and lots of quick changes. I would say these are a good entry point for the Peak Fits because they are shorter in duration and less grueling. (I do like the Peak Fits, but they can be tough, and I don’t always have 45-60 minutes for a workout.)

There are 3 strength workouts – Upper, Lower, and Total Body. In my opinion, the strength workouts are the standouts in the One-on-One series because the pace is right, and you can go heavy. They move right along, and I found no boredom factor.

There are two cardio workouts – Cardio Strength and Cardio Burn. Not quite as fun as the Peak Fit cousins but still good if you like Michelle’s cardio style.

I enjoyed the Core workout and prefer it to the core routine from Peak Fit. And the Mobility routine is nice except for 1-2 moves that I need to modify.

I got the One-on-One set a couple of years ago when it was on sale. It is a good value IMO, especially if you like Michelle and the Peak Fits.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 10:03 AM  
Hsim

I would agree with what Kristie said. Michelle is one of my favorite instructors and I always feel challenged by her workouts. I just did Cardio Strength the other day and have to say that I wish the pace was a tad slower, it was a little hard to keep pace with her. I remember when this set first came out a lot of people did not like that there is no warm up included. There is a cool down on the DVD with the cardio workouts.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 02:15 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I would agree with what Kristie said. Michelle is one of my favorite instructors and I always feel challenged by her workouts. I just did Cardio Strength the other day and have to say that I wish the pace was a tad slower, it was a little hard to keep pace with her. I remember when this set first came out a lot of people did not like that there is no warm up included. There is a cool down on the DVD with the cardio workouts.
Totally forgot about the lack of warmup because I have not done these in awhile. That said, it must not have bothered me because it did not stick in my head. I usually remember what I don’t like about a workout routine or series.

I’m going to revisit One on One starting this weekend!
Old 04-23-22, 09:47 AM  
kristiep

Did Cardio Strength this morning. No real warmup - Michelle uses the opening strength routine with light weights as the warmup. That was okay with me because I use 5 lbs for the light weight sections.

Haven’t done Michelle in awhile so it was fun revisiting this series. I will be doing Cardio Burn tomorrow. I previewed that, and there is no real warmup either, but the opening block is not too intense.

Tags
michelle dozois, one on one