Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-22, 07:14 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
HDW Heather is trying to accommodate more people and is posting a bit earlier for some that live overseas. I think it's hilarious how hypervigilant some of her followers are. That used to be me with Cathe...tee hee (when I was much younger). They don't seem to realize that she is making money. Yes, they are free to me, but I bet she's bringing a lot in. I'm so curious about the youtube instructors and how it all works!
Now I know why I'm not in line with her uploads. Thanks!

Caroline once said she only makes money from the advertisements. So I usually do not skip the advertisement at the beginning of her workout. I don't really know how they count the credit. But I try to help when I can.

I think they make money from number of subscribers? And number of views? I heard 'likes' do not count.

My daughter used to workout with me (shorter workouts which is my add-on). She has since moved out. Miss working out with her. I don't do add on anymore.

Quote:
I just finished Day 8 - Unilateral Arms. It was not unilateral. More like some alternating moves. Anyway, it was a GREAT workout.
It's not unilateral. It got me all confused.

I've been on track with Day 8 and 9. I'll try to workout tomorrow, but I might sub with Mossa.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 09:25 PM  
gigi

I just could not workout tonight. It's just not going to happen on Fridays for me. I plan to do Day 9 tomorrow and hopefully, I'll get day 10 done on Sunday. We have winter weather coming down south...LOL! I tend to lose power with wind or ice and they are calling for gusty winds, snow, ice & sleet, then more snow. So.....I may lose power. I may go to my parent's house because they don't seem to lose power as easily. So if I"m MIA for a couple of days, you all will know why!

This week was extremely busy and today was crazy busy. Not a minute to spare today. I am in bed now and just tired.

HDW, it would be nice to have someone to workout with. I miss that about the gym. I had a group of friends and got my family involved for a while. I was in ridiculous shape but I was serious about macros and lived in the gym after work. I also had a part time job at that gym.

The "mango" lady is adorable!

I forgot about Kaleigh!

Goodnight workout friends!
Old 01-15-22, 05:29 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Today’s workout was Epic #9. Friday is always full body for CG. My daughter’s critique was it was all the exercises she hates in one workout. Lol. She threatened to walk at 75% done but I asked her what she was going to do if we had only worked one side of the body on that particular move at that point. She stuck it out even did the finisher.

I then added on Courtney Anderson’s Ignite day 8 which is also full body. I don’t know why I’ve been doing two full body workouts back to back but I started this a month ago. I use lighter weights with Courtney. I wasn’t into it today and was glad when it was over.

Gigi I’ll be rooting for you to not lose power. I hate when the power is out. We have a generator now which makes it somewhat better. Haha If it goes I hope they restore it soon. Don’t feel bad about missing a workout. Sounds like that’s what you need.

And yes, Alison, something’s better than none. More than a lot of people do anyway. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 06:39 AM  
mandie123

I've been doing fitness with PJ 25 in 25 challenge this month,to try and build up some strength,yesterday followed with a foam roller workout on amys beach fitness,oh and a fabulous 50's 30 min walking workout.
Old 01-15-22, 03:36 PM  
alisoncooks

Saturday:
15 minute row
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7570t5...IcSkR&index=10
This focused on power/push, and my meters were the highest yet. Felt good!

Stretch with Joelle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxeo6c...eVT72&index=24

Got halfway through the stretch when the grocery store called and said they were short staffed and had to cancel my grocery pickup scheduled for today. Yikes! And it’s the day before a “weather event” — blarg. So I threw on some clothes and braved the crowds and chaos to just pick up normal weekly groceries.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 06:47 PM  
manleym

Friday - 5 Parks Yoga Detox Flow 45 min Yoga Class + 12 Min Low Back Stress Release Yoga Class + Caroline EPIC 5 Minute Warm Up - Full Body (like this one alot!) + Caroline's Fluid Full Body Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 9. LOVED this one! I really liked the staple move - squat to press to bent over row to deadlift. It was a metabolic move for me, so it was a nice "throw in" between the heavy, isolated moves, which alternated UB and LB. I didn't feel like there was too much of any one move. I added on her 12 Minute 4x4 Lower Abs Workout at Home - No Equipment, which was tough after the 100 ab rep finisher from the TB workout. Finished with guided by angie 10 Min Cool Down + Stretch- end your workout right!

Today - fitness kaykay 60 Min Savage Hiit No Repeat Full Body No Equipment Power Fun Strong Super Sweaty + 10 Min Mobility Stretch - Recovery Rest Routine for Flexibility Full Body Follow Along. It was a good cardio workout, but about the same vein as Anna, or any of those type workouts. There were HIIT moves, low impact/high intensity moves, and abs. So nice variety, especially since there were no repeats.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 07:14 PM  
gigi

I'm so glad I'm following a workout plan. Before HR, I was averaging about 3 workouts a week. Sometimes 4 on a good week. I would start out strong, working out M, T, and TH then became unmotivated.

I just finished Day 9 Booty Builder Leg Strength workout. I absolutely loved it. I used the heaviest weights I could with good form and took extra rests. My HR still got up there. I'm getting better with some of the "newish" moves. I'm gonna need Bengay for my bum!

Snow, ice, sleet supposedly on the way tonight. Down south you just never know until it hits. I am going to try to get to Day 10 first thing in the a.m. and get a hot shower but we'll see.
Old 01-15-22, 08:31 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

We are expecting 1-2", but I doubt we'll get any. I'm in the south too.

Weekends are not my workout days. But I did Mossa Core 4. I'm glad I did. It was enough so I might continue doing lower intensity on weekends.

My left knee is acting up. Only on lateral move. I think I'll go see a dr for pt exercises.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 09:45 AM  
gigi

I still have power! I'd say so far we got about 5 inches???? Then it was snow and sleet and high wind. Power flickered but has stayed on. We are supposed to get more later. I have not worked out yet.

My sister is a nurse so I set my alarm for 6:15 to get her text that she arrived safely. She will stay at hospital for a couple of nights. I got up and made coffee to be sure I had some. I figured if I lose power, I'll have plenty of sleep time anyway. I made another pot and put in my Yeti. I added butterscotch liqueur as I've had this mini bottle since Christmas 2020 and was waiting until the perfect day. I've been slowly sipping.

I wanted to share this youtube workout. This is on my "to do" list: 30 Minute Kick Butt Kickboxing

Edited to add that I hope your left knee gets better HDW.

allisoncooks, I love that you have a rower! I'm saving that SI Joint Stretch!
Old 01-16-22, 10:13 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
I added butterscotch liqueur as I've had this mini bottle since Christmas 2020 and was waiting until the perfect day. I've been slowly sipping.
That sounds like a perfect, snow day treat!

So far, just rain and ice here. Tiny bit of snow overnight (was on the ground when I woke), but just ice falling now. Still have power; hope it holds!

I usually don’t exercise on Sunday, but church was cancelled (well, moved online) which meant I had time! 18 minutes/3k easy meters on the rower while watching The Mandalorian.
Then this SI Joint stretch which I use all the time.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Vzuvx3nrI
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad