Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-22, 05:12 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
I do both DVD and youtube workouts, and I'll post whenever I do a youtube workout.

January 6, 2022 (Thursday)

Body Project with Daniel (28m)

Nice, low impact cardio workout with or without weights. I used 1.5 lb dumbbells. I like Daniel's positive vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck1pvGQ8_nQ&t=165s
Post whenever you want! I need to work on getting in a bit more cardio. I like to have high intensity/low impact options as I need those modifications!
Old 01-07-22, 05:15 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Hi! I’ll join in too. I do lots of stuff but plan on doing most of Heather’s HR12Week 2.0.

So far I’ve done Day 1, 3, & 4. I skipped the abs/glutes on Day 2 but may do it on Sunday.

Loved Day 4 Unilateral Legs workout but I need to put a rubber band on my “working” wrist. I forget which leg I should be focusing on, it’s tough getting old, lol.

I also do iFit workouts on my treadmill, Cathe Live, Beachbody On Demand, and I resubscribed to Les Mills On Demand. I can’t wait to retire in 3 years so I can workout longer!
Hi Kathy! I too am doing HR12Week2.0. I've done Days 1, 2, and 3 and added a couple of Walking with Rick (I think that's his name) to Day 2. I am exhausted tonight and on the couch. I just usually cannot make myself workout on Friday. I am doing the Unilateral Legs tomorrow (which I'm looking forward to). I previewed Day 5 HiiT & Abs and I will have to sub a workout for that on Sunday. Too many planks for my taste. I plan to start week 2 on Monday!
Old 01-07-22, 05:17 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I do a mix of You Tube, DVD and streaming. The last two days I did workouts from the Lively Ladies You Tube channel. I also did a Yoga w/ Kassandra practice.

Donna
I'll have to check out the Lively Ladies YouTube channel!
Old 01-07-22, 05:18 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi! I might pop in when I can. I also do a mix of DVDs, YouTube, and Cathe Live.

On Monday I started Caroline's EPIC Endgames and am LOVING IT! I did most of Epic 1 and Beastmode. I also do alot of 5 Parks Yoga, Kassandra Yoga. I've done some Heather's and Anna's, but Caroline is my go-to right now.

Gigi I'm also a teacher but on the other end. I teach GT, but do have a twice-exceptional student. I know you stay BUSY with ARDS, 504s, IEPs....it's alot!

I'm with ya KathyG! Being a teacher I love summers so I can work out longer. Hoping to retire within the next year or two.
The teacher exhaustion is SO real. I travel quite a bit to get to work, but it's worth it to be in a supportive, non-toxic environment!
Old 01-07-22, 05:20 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Hi Everybody,

I’m also doing Epic Endgame (and liking it more than Epic 3 for some reason too!) but I’m also mixing in FitnessKayKay’s 30 day Rise and Shine challenge. So far they haven’t conflicted with each other so I’ll see how long that lasts. KayKay is my second favorite YouTube person so I can’t help myself when she puts out workouts.

Typically on CG’s rest days for Epic I tend to do a KayKay, Growing Annanas, Cardio Party Mashup or Courtney Anderson workout (all Youtube) and I usually add on one of the aforementioned instructors cardio workouts (30 to 40 min) at least three times a week with Epic for more cardio.

I am a stay at home mom now. I “retired” (not literally because I’m only 45) from the workforce about five years ago so I have a lot more free time. I don’t envy you all working women trying to fit in your fitness with a job and everything else. I haven’t forgotten the struggle with that.

Yesterday was an Epic rest day. I did Courtney Anderson’s 60 minute hiit in her Ignite challenge (haha, Gigi, yes a fourth challenge I couldn’t figure out how to do. Lol!!) It was not real hiit but an interesting mix of cardio bursts with balance work. All body weight stuff. I finished it off with KayKay’s Rise/Shine 30 minute stretch. It was an ok stretch.

Today is full body Friday with Epic so I’ll be doing that later on. Glad to be checking in with everybody. I’ve never done a check in before actually.
I want to build up to the EPIC workouts. They look so tough! I think you can officially be deemed "Queen of Many Rotations!"
Old 01-07-22, 08:07 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did CG Epic Heat, Epic 3 and Christmas countdown (minus her Sunday HiiTs). I love Caroline! I'm trying out Heather. I love her too! I like that she sprinkled cardio for fat burning. Yes, I have a few to lose.

I've done Heather HR12Week 2.0 Day 1, 2, 3, 4. Planning to do 5 tomorrow. Weekends are not my workout days so I dunno. I always wanted to do 'something' everyday but never materialize. Maybe this year.

I have peeked at CG Endgame. They looked good. I have mostly abandoned my DVDs. Love these freebies on youtube. And you guys will introduce me to more great youtube instructors.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 04:10 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I want to build up to the EPIC workouts. They look so tough! I think you can officially be deemed "Queen of Many Rotations!"
Lol. Or just a fool. To be honest I’m only calling the extras rotations because that’s what they are calling them. Epic is always my main focus. I do those workouts first when I’m fresh. I’ve been mixing in the other instructor’s workouts for over a year just picking what I need for the day (hiit, low impact, bodyweight etc.) and what they have posted. I won’t sacrifice missing a CG workout to do the other stuff.

If you need a substitute cardio, I would recommend looking at some of Caroline’s cardio. Not her hiit, but she has some good constant cardio (steady state). Her channel is really well organized. If you look in her cardio playlist the ones that are called Chilled, Constant, Cool, Pumping and one that’s listed as 30 minutes low impact steady state are what I’d recommend. I know I’m kind of a broken record on CG but she has really changed my fitness.

Also Growing Annanas has a lot of cardio stuff she calls hiit but I find it gentler. If you’re the kind of person who likes to match the instructor’s pace, hers is slower than some. Her channel playlists you’ll find cardio under “Low Impact No Jumping” but she also has cardio in the playlists separated by times i.e. 30 minutes, 40 etc. I work up a nice sweat with her on my lower energy days or if I need no impact.

Courtney Anderson also has some nice 30 to 40 minute cardio. She has some kickboxing stuff that is solid and more traditional hiit both high impact and low impact and zero impact. She films a lot outside so I enjoy the scenery. She’s somewhere in California and sometimes she on a beach or in a park or up on a hillside somewhere. Her low impact is really that. She’ll even do a run in place where you only lift your heels. Looks ridiculous but feels good if your body is in pain.

Both Courtney and Caroline list the exercises in their top comments so it’s easy to see if there’s moves you don’t want to do or need to substitute. HTH. Just my two cents.

It’s Epic’s rest day on Saturday.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 08:38 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Hi Everybody,
KayKay is my second favorite YouTube person so I can’t help myself when she puts out workouts.
Just a shout out on KayKay - she's a beast in the best sense of the word! Great workouts.
Off to look up Courtney Anderson.
Old 01-08-22, 11:41 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I did CG Epic Heat, Epic 3 and Christmas countdown (minus her Sunday HiiTs). I love Caroline! I'm trying out Heather. I love her too! I like that she sprinkled cardio for fat burning. Yes, I have a few to lose.

I've done Heather HR12Week 2.0 Day 1, 2, 3, 4. Planning to do 5 tomorrow. Weekends are not my workout days so I dunno. I always wanted to do 'something' everyday but never materialize. Maybe this year.

I have peeked at CG Endgame. They looked good. I have mostly abandoned my DVDs. Love these freebies on youtube. And you guys will introduce me to more great youtube instructors.
After HR I hope to have the courage to go for CG! I LOVE weight workouts! I think I would have to sub her HiiT workouts for other HiiT more doable for me.
I just unsubscribed from Cathe again since I'm doing mostly YouTube workouts. I have quite a few to lose myself!
Old 01-08-22, 01:18 PM  
jetlitis

Friday Evening:
Reps to the Rhythm with Keoni Tamayo
HIIT Walk Dance – 2800 Steps (21m)
(I was tired and wanted a quick walking workout -- this 21m workout is more energetic than some of Keoni's other workouts -- I loved it! )

Saturday Morning:
Improved Health (geared for beginners/seniors)
1960's Oldies but Goodies Walking Workout (23m)
(I love oldies -- original music -- absolutely fabulous! I only did the cardio portion and skipped the beginner strength portion. Music by Van Morrison, Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Jackson 5, Monkees, Hollies, and more! )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad