Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-22, 01:41 PM  
alisoncooks

Rainy and gray today — hard to roll out of bed!

Workout:
Lift with Cee beginner #1 (30 min)
Pilates side-lying glutes (10 min)
Moving Mango “Silly Arms” (6 min)
Stretch

I liked the Cee workout — my first of hers!, but did feel the transitions were a bit slow. Also, the only lower body work was the squat sets. Maybe that’s enough and I need to trust the process! Or maybe I’ll try one of her intermediate programs.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 03:03 PM  
jetlitis

Today I did 2 youtube workouts:

Robin Chapman:
Cardio Kickboxing 1/31/2022 (52m)

(I've done a few of RC's kickboxing workouts -- I always get a good cardio workout from her-- she does lots of reps.)

Fitness with PJ:
5,000'ish Steps at Home Low Impact Workout for Fat Loss (49m)

(no music, instructor is okay -- not sure how I feel about her as an instructor yet.)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 03:57 PM  
buffmama

I'm working my way through Lift with Cee's Muscle Burns Fat. Finished week 1 today. Also finished David O Yoga 30 Day Reconnect - I enjoyed it.
Old 02-07-22, 06:25 PM  
gigi

Rainy and gray here too! I was in the car at 6 driving to work.

I came home and did Fierce Day 8: Chest & Shoulders. It was a fantastic workout. I then did Mossa Group Fight 5/30 minutes. I am sweating buckets right now. I almost quit at the 20 minute mark but I finished it! Sprawls and all!

I did not workout yesterday. Sundays are touch and go, depending on how much I need to do and if I'm with my family, which I was this Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 02-08-22, 12:03 PM  
alisoncooks

I’m enjoying seeing everyone’s workouts! I’m impressed by what y’all are getting done!

Today:
25 min on the C2 (Fitscope on YouTube)**
10 min stretch with Joelle
10 min standing Pilates with Lucy W-R (with the teens)

**My quads are soooo sore from yesterday's Lift with Cee workout, it made rowing a challenge! Wowza. I didn’t even feel I’d done that much yesterday, and was a little disappointed in the lack of lower body, lol. I’m feeling it today!
Old 02-08-22, 04:23 PM  
manleym

Saturday: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn (TOUGH! Moves are fast but I like her choreography; not just burpees (or another popular HIIT move) ad nauseam. The Peaks are tough. I was in between Michelle and the modifier) + Eoin Finn Pursuit of Happy Hips Easy Street (thought it would be too slow/mellow but felt really good after Michelle’s tough cardio).

Monday: 5 Min Full Body Warm Up with Caroline Girvan + KILLER Chest and Tricep Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 26 (it was KILLER HARD! LOTS of pushups; feeling stiff and tired; couldn’t go heavy; most pushups done on knees; don't like workout triceps so it was hard for me) + 15 Min ENGAGING ABS & Core Workout Dumbbells & Bodyweight(great ab workout; really liked it) + 10 MIN COOL DOWN + STRETCH end your workout right! - guided by angie
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 06:32 PM  
gigi

My stressed out self wanted to stop by Tipsy Taco and get a margarita, cheese dip, and chips but I went home and did my workout! I just finished Fierce Unilateral Legs. It is a killer workout. I use heavier weights and take extra breaks when needed. This is one of my faves but it is tough! Tomorrow I plan on a Mossa Centergy workout.
Old 02-09-22, 08:49 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
My stressed out self wanted to stop by Tipsy Taco and get a margarita, cheese dip, and chips but I went home and did my workout! I just finished Fierce Unilateral Legs. It is a killer workout. I use heavier weights and take extra breaks when needed. This is one of my faves but it is tough! Tomorrow I plan on a Mossa Centergy workout.
Lol, now I want tacos and cheese dip! Good for you for sticking with your workout plan.

Today:
I actually did a dvd! Well, I warmed up with Reps to the Rhythm, but then went on to Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (evening practice).
Old 02-10-22, 02:59 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I know I mention this a lot but the fact that you can do an EPIC workout and follow that with another hour long workout....WOW!
Thanks, Gigi. It was a gradual process. I still question why I do that every Friday. Courtney posts a new “fusion” workout every Friday. It’s just half cardio and half weights. I enjoy the difference from what CG does. It plays well with CG on that day because it’s total body and CG also does total body on Fridays. I find it hard to fit in other people’s strength workouts in with Epic. I usually just do those in between Epics.

Sorry I have been so delinquent in posting. Here’s what I’ve been up to:

Saturday I was going to take the day off, but I got an Apple Watch in December and it whines at you if you don’t close your rings every day (mobility, standing and exercise rings). So I pulled out my rebounder and just marched around on it freestyle for an hour while watching TV. I was surprised how many steps I accumulated in an hour.

Sunday was Epic #25 a kickboxing hiit. I HATED this one. It’s the first CG that I haven’t given a thumbs up. Her form is so perfect with weights and so NOT with kickboxing. It reminded me of Cathe style kickboxing which I don’t care for. She cracked me up at one point because we did a sidekick which hers looked like a roundhouse to the side (top of foot aimed at the ceiling instead of sideways) and the later she did a knee in with a sidekick. She gave a tip that this can be hard if you don’t practice it regularly. I said out loud “You mean just a proper sidekick with a knee in to chamber it.” Sorry for the rant I’m picky about kickboxing and CG can’t be perfect at everything. Apparently her Facebook people suggested she do it. I don’t know why. Anyway I followed that with KayKay’s hour long Low Impact & Abs. That one was solid as usual

Monday was Epic #26 Chest and Tris. So challenging. Seemed harder than normal. Paired it with Courtney Anderson (CA) 40 min Strength and Cardio Hiit. I loved that one too. All bodyweight with tough cardio bursts in with the bodyweight strength. I struggled to finish it as I was shot from Epic 26.

Tuesday Epic #27 Legs. I LOVED this one. Got the glutes good with sumos and RDLs and no weighted glute raises in sight. Lol. I added KayKay’s 30 min Explosive Hiit. That one was good too. It has good music. Solid versions of recognizable hits.

Today I did Epic 28 Back Bis and Abs and added KayKay’s 53 min All Standing Cardio.

Glad to read about everyone’s workouts. Keep up the good work!
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 03:59 PM  
manleym

Tuesday: M&M Muscle Lower Body Warm Up 5 MIN Modifications Included + FIREWALKER Lower Body Workout - Leg Day EPIC Endgame Day 27 (TOUGH! Loved Finisher & BW moves) + 15 Min Wall Sit Challenge Leg Workout (hard after leg workout; great add-on; works really well with main workout; quads BURNING) + 5 Minute Lower Body Stretch by the Sea

Wednesday: 14 MIN Flexibility Workout Essentrics + BOSSED Back, Biceps and Abs Workout EPIC Endgame Day 28 (flew! Still feeling Monday and Tuesday's workouts. Caroline's nickname should be "DOMS for Days")
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad