Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-21, 01:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Ball for Yamuna's Save Your Face DVD

Hi all,

The Amazon listing mentioned that the ball used for this DVD is 5.9" in diameter. is it an air-filled ball or a soft squishy ball? Amazon reviewers showed a dent in the ball they received.

Also, did anyone use a good substitute for the ball she supplies with the kit?

thanks in advance.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 03:33 PM  
cyana

The larger ball looks like it might be the Pearl Ball, but I can't tell from the picture. Sometimes the balls are a little wonky when new, especially if they've been shipped - meaning not perfectly round. It's possible they may ship them slightly deflated to reduce the chance the balls might rupture in transit. Looks like the one with the dent could use a bit of air.

I never had the face kit, so I can't speak to how the balls are used in that one.

Here's a link that includes the balls and a pump, so it sounds like traditional Yamuna balls:

https://healthyandrested.com/product...face-ball-kit/

Here's a short YT video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYsf5U5TbQ

And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLeiS6QzJI

Looks like it would feel amazing. I used to have a local Yamuna instructor who did a couple of workshops at a local yoga studio. Sure was sad when she relocated.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:09 AM  
Twigs

I just got the face balls fairly recently. Mine didn't have any dents in them when they arrived but were noticeably softer than the other Yamuna balls I have for the body. The lady I bought them from said they are supposed to be this way, as the skin on the face is more delicate. She also said they are more porous than the other balls and tend to pick up colour easily, so it's best to store them in a shoe bag or something similar.

I do have the Pearl ball and it's bigger and more firm than the face balls. It's a good all rounder. Waves Cyana.

I love my Yamuna balls (especially the black ones) and use them most days. I haven't done much with the face balls yet but am attending a Zoom class this week. It's supposed to be very relaxing, so I can't wait.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
I just got the face balls fairly recently. Mine didn't have any dents in them when they arrived but were noticeably softer than the other Yamuna balls I have for the body. The lady I bought them from said they are supposed to be this way, as the skin on the face is more delicate. She also said they are more porous than the other balls and tend to pick up colour easily, so it's best to store them in a shoe bag or something similar.

I do have the Pearl ball and it's bigger and more firm than the face balls. It's a good all rounder. Waves Cyana.

I love my Yamuna balls (especially the black ones) and use them most days. I haven't done much with the face balls yet but am attending a Zoom class this week. It's supposed to be very relaxing, so I can't wait.
Hi Margot, thank you - are the face balls:
1) solid? or
2) filled? if filled, are they filled with air or sand or gel?
3) sold separately? if so, do you have a link?
4) any good substitutes if not sold separately?
5) do you need more than 1 ball?

thanks!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-29-21, 11:16 AM  
cyana

Margot - I'm absolutely over the moon to "see" you! Hope you've been well. Would love to hear about your class and whether you feel this will be a good addition to your fleet of Yamuna balls.

Sorry to hijack, Jeannine - hadn't seen Margot on the forum in a while. The balls are air-filled per the description in my first link, as it refers to a pump. I can't imagine what you'd substitute for the Yamuna balls.

Face balls separately:

https://www.bodyrollingdianneglass.c...face-ball-kit/

Old 08-29-21, 11:25 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Margot - I'm absolutely over the moon to "see" you! Hope you've been well. Would love to hear about your class and whether you feel this will be a good addition to your fleet of Yamuna balls.

Sorry to hijack, Jeannine - hadn't seen Margot on the forum in a while. The balls are air-filled per the description in my first link, as it refers to a pump. I can't imagine what you'd substitute for the Yamuna balls.

Face balls separately:

it's all good! glad you got to reconnect.

i have Yamuna's TB DVD and i was able to use available balls that i already owned to do the workout. i know people gush about the real deal, but i'm willing to use what i have. i do a lot of body rolling using Yamuna's DVD, Jill Miller, etc., so i have had success with body rolling in general. since Margot bought it from "a lady," i'm guessing she found another source other than Yamuna's site?

Old 08-29-21, 11:26 AM  
Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Hi Margot, thank you - are the face balls:
1) solid? or
2) filled? if filled, are they filled with air or sand or gel?
3) sold separately? if so, do you have a link?
4) any good substitutes if not sold separately?
5) do you need more than 1 ball?

thanks!
Hi Jeannine

They are air-filled. I was told I'd probably never need to pump them up.

They come as a set and I bought mine from the UK Distributor here:
https://yamunabodyrolling.co.uk/products/face-ball
I don't think this helps you though, sorry. As far as I can see, Yamuna USA only sells the balls with the DVD.

I have loads of balls in all shapes and sizes but can't think that any of them would be a good substitute. I have really reactive sensitive skin, so hadn't really considered using anything else. Maybe someone else may be able to offer suggestions?

Hopefully, I'll know more about how to use the balls after my class on Tuesday. I can let you know then if there's any more useful information that may help you make a decision.

Sorry I wasn't of more help. I only got the balls, thinking they would be a good complement to a facial exercise program I've just started.

Old 08-29-21, 11:29 AM  
cyana

Quote:

i have Yamuna's TB DVD and i was able to use available balls that i already owned to do the workout. i know people gush about the real deal, but i'm willing to use what i have.
If you have something that works, by all means run with it, as the Yamuna balls are definitely an investment.

Old 08-29-21, 11:31 AM  
Twigs

Quote:
it's all good! glad you got to reconnect.

i have Yamuna's TB DVD and i was able to use available balls that i already owned to do the workout. i know people gush about the real deal, but i'm willing to use what i have. i do a lot of body rolling using Yamuna's DVD, Jill Miller, etc., so i have had success with body rolling in general. since Margot bought it from "a lady," i'm guessing she found another source other than Yamuna's site?
Jeannine, that's great that you found some balls that work for you. If your skin is not like mine, then I'd think any small soft squishy ball would work well.

Old 08-29-21, 11:34 AM  
Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post

Face balls separately:

Hi Cyana. I'll PM you. Yes, the Yamuna balls have really helped relieve my hip issues, along with another program I'm doing. I have great hopes that I'll look 20 years younger after using these face balls!

Tags
sue hitzmann, yamuna ball substitutes, yamuna save your face