Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-21, 03:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Finally got to go to the thrift store today. I hadn't been since Black Friday. They still had the Malibu Pilates Pro chair but I looked it over more and decided to pass. It has rust on it and doesn't seem to move easily. I did hit it big on workouts though. Usually I have everything they have other than all the pregnancy ones I don't want. I bought 14 today! Just really hoping I didn't buy duplicates. Three were still in shrinkwrap!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 04:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow Vannie - you have to tell us what you found!

LOL about the pregnancy workouts - yes, I guess people tend to use them when they need them and then get rid of them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 05:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have some pregnancy ones even though i am 24 years post-partum.

Leah Sarago's and Suzanne Bowen's pregnancy ones are really good. all of the "get your body back" ones from Tracey Mallett are actually pretty good. i also like Erin O'Brien's pregnancy ones too.

Vantreesta - curious to find out what you found.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 06:17 PM  
Vantreesta

I'll post them all once I look at them again! Too much work to get off the couch right now.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-06-21, 06:20 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Finally got to go to the thrift store today. I hadn't been since Black Friday. They still had the Malibu Pilates Pro chair but I looked it over more and decided to pass. It has rust on it and doesn't seem to move easily. I did hit it big on workouts though. Usually I have everything they have other than all the pregnancy ones I don't want. I bought 14 today! Just really hoping I didn't buy duplicates. Three were still in shrinkwrap!
I'm curious to find out what workouts you found! I went to the thrift store today and the fitness DVD's were quite sparse. But they did have 3 copies of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I think every thrift store is required to have this workout on their shelves.
Old 02-06-21, 06:54 PM  
Vantreesta

There were a lot of Jillian today, some Turbo Jam, TaeBo, 10 Minute Solution, Biggest Loser. I saw a Tracy Anderson, a few Firm. The Kettleworx and Power Half Hour ones that have been there for over a year are still there. This was the biggest variety I've ever seen here. Surprisingly Winsor Pilates used to be very plentiful, guaranteed to see several every time I went, but today I think there were only two and the last few times I don't remember any.

I have my fingers in my ears singing lalalala so I can't hear what you're saying about the pregnancy ones, Jeannine!

Old 02-06-21, 08:38 PM  
Vantreesta

So looking at them again I have a suspicion some are duplicates. There are a couple I know I have but I *think* they're on VHS.

Crunch Candlelight Yoga
Lindsey Brin Core Fitness for Moms (even though I'm not a mom to humans)
Fluidity Seat & Thigh (shrinkwrap)
Shiva Rea Creative Core + Lower Body
Element Yoga for Energy & Relaxation (sounds familiar but I don't think I have any Element ones with a male instructor)
Spri Slanted Risers Take the Next Step (Spreen & Glick)
Yoga to the Rescue for Neck & Shoulders (not sure if this looks familiar bc I have it ir bc it's been on my wish list for years!)
Turbo Jam Kickin' Core (I suspect I have this but couldn't take the chance!)
MTV Pilates (purple cover)
Tae Bo Cardio and Flex (shrinkwrap; really hoping I'm right & these are on VHS)
Firm BSS2 Upper Body Sculpt (ditto Tae Bo)
Yogilates level 2
Barbara Benagh Yoga for Stress Relief (think this is a straight up duplicate )

Old 02-06-21, 09:50 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, sounds like great finds, especially in shrink wrap.

I haven't found much lately, except for a few really old Leslies. The dvds looked scratched so I passed. Also a couple of Slim in 6. I always see some Element Yoga dvds, usually for beginners. And yes, there is always a JM 30 Day Shred, lol.
Old 02-07-21, 02:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I think every thrift store is required to have this workout on their shelves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
And yes, there is always a JM 30 Day Shred, lol.
i had to LOL at these 2 comments! in our town, i always see ripped in 30 and yoga meltdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I have my fingers in my ears singing lalalala so I can't hear what you're saying about the pregnancy ones, Jeannine!
there was a time when i was on a Leah and Suzanne kick, and between the 2 of them, they have just a handful of DVDs, and some of them are advanced. When i saw their pregnancy/post-partum workouts, i thought they might be less strenuous, but the nice thing is that they have different level modifiers shown so that you can tailor it to your needs, including post-partum.

i donated some items at Savers and decided to do some browsing, and i saw Karen Voight's green genie balls in excellent condition in its original box. i have a generic set of weighted soft balls (they're red) that i bought from walmart when I acquired Karen's Streamline Fitness and Core Essentials, two workouts that feature the green genies.

i saw a number of DVDs, $1.99:
couple of Jillian Michaels (not 30DS! ) Killer Buns and Kickbox Fast Fix
Rodney Yee Flexibility Yoga for Beginners
Element 5 Day Yoga
Kathy Smith Great Buns & Thighs (Timeless label)
Kathy Smith Step Workout (Timeless label)
Kathy Smith Ageless Staying Strong
Elise Watts Home Fit Pilates for Weight Loss

i left the store after purchasing some brand new Bath & Body Works liquid hand soap instead. still considering those green genies though!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Vannie, those were some good finds! I still have Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief and love the "Serenity in Stillness" practice.

Jeannine, LOL about the things you always see at thrift stores! I don't have any pregnancy workouts myself but I know that a lot of non-pregnant VFers use them. I probably would have purchased the Genie balls! How much were they? I recently did the first half of Streamline Fitness for the first time in a year or two.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds