Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-21, 12:16 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I just recently discovered Caroline on YouTube (& Heather Robertson) and have only done a workout or two from both of them so far but am loving the workouts they put out! I do have to say that I normally only have about 30 minutes to workout in the morning so I look for the shorter ones.

Has anyone tried workouts from growingannanas on YouTube? She has a lot of shorter routines and similar format to Caroline and Heather (I think YouTube suggested Caroline and Heather to me since I have been doing so many of the routines from growingannans channel), and a lot of nice bodyweight routines that I can do during lunch break at work too!
Old 01-23-21, 12:34 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post

Has anyone tried workouts from growingannanas on YouTube? She has a lot of shorter routines and similar format to Caroline and Heather (I think YouTube suggested Caroline and Heather to me since I have been doing so many of the routines from growingannans channel), and a lot of nice bodyweight routines that I can do during lunch break at work too!
I haven't. Does she do split routines for strength?

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 01:43 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
You said you did Beginner EPIC 3X- did you do the workouts consecutively or did you take days off in between? It looks like it is Lower, Upper, Core, Total Body then HIIT so you could do them back to back I guess. Just wondering how you did it.
She has a program guide on her website: www.carolinegirvan.com. Day 1-3: Sunday-Tuesday. Wednesday off day, Day 4-5: Thursday-Friday, Saturday off. Essentially you can repeat her beginner rotation weekly.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 03:01 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I haven't. Does she do split routines for strength?

Erica
I don't think so, she's got more body weight routines than anything. There are some kettlebell and dumbbell routines but she's not got nearly as many strength training routines with weights as Caroline Girvan does.
Old 01-23-21, 03:33 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
I don't think so, she's got more body weight routines than anything. There are some kettlebell and dumbbell routines but she's not got nearly as many strength training routines with weights as Caroline Girvan does.
Thank you!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 03:46 PM  
kat999

I'm going to try this whole series, perhaps not as prescribed but just adding it to my overall rotation. I want to do more weights and this looks very robust! As a pretty experienced exerciser, I appreciate that it's mostly visual cues with music. Sometimes the chatter of form pointers when I'm already pretty good with form seem repetitive and unnecessary. I've been resisting YouTube workouts due to some imperfect technology, but these look so good I think I can just use my laptop and deal with it.
Old 01-23-21, 10:23 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
She has a program guide on her website: www.carolinegirvan.com. Day 1-3: Sunday-Tuesday. Wednesday off day, Day 4-5: Thursday-Friday, Saturday off. Essentially you can repeat her beginner rotation weekly.
Thanks. I was looking for a program guide/rotation. Thanks Bex for your schedule. I am going to give this a try because I am bored with the paper training programs I have been doing. I need a change. i am planning on doing the beginners EPIC program workout tomorrow.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 06:19 AM  
pharma_gal

Anyone have results to share from her programs?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 11:38 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Anyone have results to share from her programs?
I had 8 lbs to lose. I lost it with Kettlebells. Then I use Caroline. I gained 5 lbs. However, my clothes aren't tight. I am also eating more.

I don't think the main focus of her workouts is weight loss, but it is for strength. Along with strength, you do lose some fat (hopefully), and healthier lifestyle.

Note: I sprinkle her workouts with others. Not straight Caroline program.
Old 01-24-21, 11:39 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm going to try this whole series, perhaps not as prescribed but just adding it to my overall rotation. I want to do more weights and this looks very robust! As a pretty experienced exerciser, I appreciate that it's mostly visual cues with music. Sometimes the chatter of form pointers when I'm already pretty good with form seem repetitive and unnecessary. I've been resisting YouTube workouts due to some imperfect technology, but these look so good I think I can just use my laptop and deal with it.
Get an HDMI cable (a long one). So you can hook up your laptop to your TV.

Tags
caroline girvan