Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-20, 11:32 AM  
jackie7

Caroline Girvan

Does anyone do her workouts on youtube? I love her and today she is starting a 10 week rotation.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 01:11 PM  
sjane

I love her glute workouts and have done several upper body ones, too. Are you going to do her rotation? I'm not right now, but am definitely keeping it in mind as a possibility this winter.
sjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 05:12 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like her workouts too, I am just really impressed with her channel and it's just exploded in the short time she has had it. She puts out great content, I think she is awesome.

Some of the workouts are too advanced for me, I am not into the HIIT or any high impact.

I like her weight workouts, some of them are lengthy and have a lot of repeats so I migrate towards the shorter ones. I did a 20 minute lower body workout last week and was sore for several days, there were repeats but otherwise no dread factor whatsoever and you can go heavy because the pace is slower which is right up my alley.

I also like her booty band workouts, she has many that I want to try but haven't yet. I like the looks of the lower body workout that she posted today, may have to try that one.

I don't know if I will do her EPIC rotation but have thought about just doing her workouts for a month and just see what it does. I am impressed that she is uploading workouts for beginners who want to do her rotation, she is really trying to cater to people of all levels.

There are so many fitness channels on YT, hers is one of the few that I go check out each day to see what she has uploaded.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:32 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I like her too. I love her Bodyweight ones and the isometrics ones are unique. I do like HIIT but not all the time. I am starting her Epic rotation today. I’ll see how it goes. I also like her philosophy on food.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 06:16 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

She posted a beginner HIIT workout today, I am going to try it. HIIT is normally not my thing but this looks doable, I will probably have to modify in areas.

I need to try her bodyweight workouts too, I really like her workouts where she uses the booty band.

I did her beginner total body weight workout yesterday and it was a really nice workout in 30 minutes, hit all the muscles (aside from abs) and was just right for me. I will generally try both levels and just modify to my needs.
Old 09-27-20, 06:50 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I have to try her workouts. They look great!

She also has a FREE 10 week workout program started last week. I might look into that.

https://www.carolinegirvan.com/
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 07:19 AM  
jackie7

Her epic challenge has two levels, beginner and advanced.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 01:57 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I attempted the beginner HIIT workout, was hard! I stopped halfway through. There were lots of bodyweight moves that I liked but also some hard plank moves with burpees after each exercise. I shudder to think what the advanced one was like.

HIIT isn't really for me though, I will stick with her other workouts, she has so many that I want to try.
Old 09-27-20, 02:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yes I have discovered both her and Heather Robertson recently. I've mainly done their upper body stuff.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 02:49 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I just did her EPIC upper body workout and absolutely loved it! Tons of pushups interspersed here and there, but each one is a different variation so it doesn't feel like too much. There were honestly two moves that I just could NOT do, but otherwise really liked it.

I'm hoping to try out her EPIC lower body workout maybe tomorrow?

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, mcfit method, youtube workouts